Undetermined Confession

After A Long Time

It was the first time that Sunny could take a break with just her sandwich and drink. She was pre-occupied with the work load. Facing her laptop and all of the things scattered around the desk, she looked from left to right. She would be dead if they would know that she’d been secretly idling around eating in the teacher’s lounge.

She took a bite of her sandwich.  Wafting and smelling it, she realized that it was all gotten to her stomach. She felt too hungry. She sipped her cola and gulped it in one go.

“Honestly, this is so tiring.” Sunny was wandering around in the office like a kid. She revered the university’s bright atmosphere. She opened a window and took a deep breath, “Waaahhh….So bright.”

Suddenly, the sound of pencils falling shocked our little missy. She got to the origin of the sound and picked up the pencils and put them in the container.

“Aish…sir, sleeping in here, you knocked all of your---” She was about to hand the container when she noticed that it was the sleeping Sungmin all along. She gazed at his cute face, admiring how manly they had become. Suddenly, a smile was drawn on his face. Sunny got flustered and put the container to his desk. She was taken aback all of a sudden.

Suddenly, a ringing phone was heard. It was hers. Her ringtone was too loud that it woke the sleeping beauty.  “Ahh…” While rubbing his sleepy eyes, he said,”….whose cellphone is that?”

The caller ID was of Kyuhyun’s. Sunny immediately ended the call. “It was mine.” Sunny’s heart was throbbing like crazy. She didn’t know why but she got the impulse to hurriedly hang up.

“Sunny-ssi, you should put it into silent. What’s the time?” Sungmin pretended to not care if it was Sunny or not. He looked at her puffy eyes. “Why are you like that?”

All of a sudden, tears formed from the corner of her eyes. She covered the smile with her hand.  Sungmin felt that it was strange for Sunny to cry so he got up and tried to wipe her tears.

But, Sunny was taken aback and said, “Please…don’t come near me. I’m really happy.” Sungmin looked at her with a puzzled look. “Why are you so happy?”

“It’s…because you have finally talked to me like before. I thought that you’d be ignoring me again.” Sunny tried to wipe her tears, making sure that her make-up won’t be ruined. But, she was shaking and hurrying up that it didn’t work. “Ah…my make-up is ruined.”

“Is that your problem? Then, I’d retouch them for you.” Sungmin came to him so up close and checked her make-up. He touched her cheek and pinched them. “Your skin doesn’t change at all.”

“What?” Sunny’s hair was slowly caressed by Sungmin. “Why’d you dye this? Your natural hair color…is…” But, he was also troubled to how he was touching her so casually. “I’m sorry.” He was taken aback and just stayed away.

“It’s alright.” Sunny missed the time that they were together. When she was depressed about something, she’d be comfortably telling him everything. He would wipe his tears and brush her hair as a form of comfort.  She missed the time when he always commented how pretty she is.

“I… I’m leaving. I have my next class…” Sungmin just left just like that. He missed the time when he was always messing up with her hair then brushing and messing it all again. He missed how they always share their meals with each other. He was always boasting around that his cooking skills were great. Then, Sunny would just agree with all those.

Sunny took a sit on Sungmin’s chair. Touching everything on his desk, she reminisced the times when he was carelessly putting everything anywhere. Then, she’d be casually going to and fro the teacher’s lounge then arranging and organizing everything. “He became a fine young man. That oppa..” She smiled softly.

Sungmin was popular in that university. After he came to the room where he’d be lecturing, all of the students would be mumbling to themselves and admiring them of how wonderful his cute smile is. “Okay…we’d be continuing to our next lesson. Everybody, I’d be discussing…” All of the guys were throwing daggers yet he just calmly accepted them all.

Before, when Sunny was just his student, everyone would be scared to mess up with him. Since he got a sadistic backer supporting him, he’d just smirk at them even though he wanted to use his martial arts skill to scare the hell out of all of them. He’d been hiding that he’s secretly training to Sunny since she won’t do what she usually would do.

Then, after all of the classes had been finished, Sungmin was on the rooftop again. Leaning on the banister fencing each sides of it, he heaved a sigh. “Ahh…”

Then, finally, like a miracle, he’d be seeing the sunset exposed to full bloom again, just like how he always sees it with Sunny before. He’d be commenting while pointing his finger on the beautiful view,” Look…it’s the sun. Sunny.” Then, he’d chuckle like crazy. Sunny would just be going along with his lame jokes.

“I’m sorry, Sunny.” Then, there flew a dried leaf that Sungmin caught. “Just like this flower, I’ve been rotten to core. To not realize my love for you before, I’ve been sitting around, admiring you, wanting to hold you in my arms, yet I just deliberately rejected you. This oppa is really crazy. I do not deserve your love. I don’t even want you to be with Kyuhyun. I’ve always been keeping it inside.” With his clear voice, the words came rushing through his mouth. He thought that only the wind could here.

Yet, someone, leaning at the back of the door, heard every word he said. If he’d know that someone was hearing, he’d be mindful of all of this especially because it was an undetermined confession.

Tears came flowing down Sunny’s cheeks. “So, he liked me…even before.”