Small World

After A Long Time

 

Sunny met Sungmin again. She damped her face in the cold water running in the university’s girl’s comfort room. She looked at herself in the mirror, oblivious of her actions after she went to him straightforwardly.

 

“I…met him again. Yet, he noticed that I change.”

 

It was true that she changed. From the icy cold yet lovable Sunny to a fashionable and outgoing one. She felt goosebumps from all over her temple, tormenting her from remembering their past.

 

Sunny redid her make-up, finer than before. Every student was crazy about her.

 

She is young full of aegyos, cute and small, really popular.

 

Yet, how could she feel her heart throbbing? She was nervous to see him again, to bump on him was the last thing she wanted to happen.

 

Why? Because, she used to like him.

 

She came back to the office morose and unsteady, shaky and sulking.

 

A fellow student teacher asked if she took her daily meds. She finely replied, “Yeah. I even brought it.”

 

It shocked the hell of the teacher who tried to jest her. “What is she taking?”

 

The old teacher, touching the bridge of her nose while adjusting her spectacles, noticed her.

 

“Are you taking diet pills?”

 

The unsteady and zoning out small teacher replied her conditions with, “It’s a secret.” Smiling onto them, her gaze temporarily trapped her cute front, exposing her egoistic side.

 

Everyone in the room was bewildered.  She’s a sadist, isn’t she?

 

Sungmin came into his next class. Sullen, he tried to teach yet he was tired. His head was shaking since this day toppled with his meeting with Sunny.

 

A concerned student raised a question, “Sir. Wanna let us self-study?”

 

Everyone jubilated. The shouts were quite loud. The question was answered with, “Fine. I won’t teach today but you better study for the test tomorrow.”

 

All of the people threw daggers onto him. Scary. Sadist. Egoist. Crazy. Bastard. Sungmin was really manly, but if he’s with girls, he would spare them even if he wanted to scold and torment them on the inside.

 

He ran into the rooftop. “Ah..good thing, this school still have this place.”

 

He leaned himself on the cold bars surrounding the rooftop’s edges. He heaved a sigh and continuously blinked but he couldn’t sleep.

 

Finally, he fell asleep. The building was off limits to all of the students. So, he made it as his hiding spot and resting place. He could feel the wind brushing his hair that coldly and swiftly took his pains away.

 

Suddenly, the door was cracking noise. It was metal, Sunny could feel how hard it was to not be lubricated. But, she wanted to have a space.

 

While the wind takes the leaves to that top place, the dust scattered on it, made Sunny’s eyes blurry. She closed her eyes to prevent the dirt.

 

“Oppa!...” Sunny saw the peaceful Sungmin. “….you’re here too.”

 

She inaudibly sat beside him. Trying to lean on him, she remembered.

 

“Do I really need to take revenge on you? I’m even taking meds due to dieting. You’d hate me if you would know.” She whispered it but only the wind could hear.

 

She slowly stood up to see the whole university. “Ahh…It all changed. From my point of view, I’d want to repeat everything.” She was still mumbling, the wind taking all her words away.

 

“I’d go now.” Sunny creeped to avoid making noises. “Very soon…we’d meet again. This earth is really small. But, right now, I already have someone to replace you.” She smirked and all of her being disappeared from the scene.

 

“So…long, Sunny…at last, you’ve come again in my life.” Sungmin muttered, while pretending to be asleep.

 

 

Sungmin was awoke by his gaming friend, “Hey, it’s Sunday. Let’s go meet her.”

 

“Why do you need to drag me into this mess?” Sungmin half-awaked muttered. Still not yet washing up, he got up and tried to eat the canned foods.

 

“Hey, don’t eat anymore. She hates waiting.” His friend was quite impatient.

 

“Who is that girl? Are you serious about her right now?”

 

“Yeah. She’s strange yet kind. I wanted you to be our bridge since girls like you. Now, wash up, you ugly and short.”

 

“Aisshh… Waking me up and pushing me always. Kyu, you’re really despicable.”

 

“Is that a compliment?”

 

“You hear me.” Sungmin came to the bathroom and damp his face. He put his usual face cream and was ready to go.

 

“Hey! Kyuhyun-ah, why are you sitting there?” He saw Kyuhyun, sitting comfortably, in front of his laptop.

 

“Oh…do you play Star craft? It’s nice, right?”

 

“No way… I’m gonna play those games you liked. I thought you’re in a hurry.”

 

“Ah…yeah.. Let’s go.” Kyuhyun’s smile was deadly glued.

 

“Who made this idiot go crazy in love is such a genius.” Sungmin thought.

 

 

 

It was a rosy garden-like restaurant. The air was warm and cozy.

 

“Let’s go inside.” Kyuhyun was already waving, impatiently holding the handle of the door.

 

“Fine.”

 

Kyuhyun looked around. From left to right, EVEN TOP TO BOTTOM. Crazy gamer.

 

“Oh, Sunny-ssi!”

 

“Who?” Sungmin was in state of disbelief. What a small world.

 

“Did I keep you waiting?”

 

“Nope. Who’s with you?” She said, while pointing to Sungmin.

 

“A nice pal, he’s my drinking buddy.”

 

“Nice to meet you.” Sungmin offered his hand first. But, Sunny rejected.

 

“Let’s sit.” She suggested.

 

“Okay.” Kyuhyun’s eyes were fixed. Sungmin was deadly not budging.

 

“Oii..sit here!!” Kyuhyun was hysterical.

 

“Omo~ Sorry.”

 

Sungmin watched the two happily talking. But, almost all of their likes are so OPPOSITE OF EACH OTHER. Sungmin could hardly laugh his out while his friend was embarassed.

 

“Oi…I thought you’re helping me.” Kyuhyun whispered on his ear.

 

Sungmin more, “I’m outta here, gamer.”

 

“HEY!!!!! “ Kyuhyun dragged him in the table again. Sungmin was nearly on the door.

 

Again, he was just the air. Kyu was really tensed so he invited his friend. Sunny was using her aegyos really well, that Kyu was really mesmerized and satisfied.

 

Sungmin was the statue. Couldn’t speak nor could he get out of the situation.

 

Sunny liked it. But, she was not expecting that it was such a small world, that his friend was also her soon-to-be boyfriend(?).