You Cannot Like Me Anymore

After A Long Time

Kyuhyun was idling around looking on the landscape near his open window, observing each bit of it.

"Ah...I wish Sunny would be here,,," It was almost like winter due to the peacefulness of the surroundings. Kyuhyun watched the birds fyling freely. Yet, he was afraid that his father would know that he was involved with a person from his past case. More on, they were already lovers back at those years.

Kyuhyun looked at himself on the mirror. "Still good-looking as ever." He smiled and noticed the sketchbook he received as a gift from his mother. He was fond of drawing back on his high school days.

Yet, a terrible accident made him to be unable to use his dominant arm. For years, he trained his left hand to be just like how his right had once been yet he failed. The aftermath of the accident made him lose his dreams.

He was never a mysterious type. He was known to be mischievous yet caring for others. He grew up to be a successful lawyer just like his father. He was raised like that yet he wanted to be a painter, it was a dream never to be fulfilled even if he wanted to.

He got downstairs and looked at his mother knitting some clothes. His mother kindly smiled to him. "Have you eaten your breakfast?" Her mother asked as she was still focused on knitting.

Kyuhyun just nodded even if he lied. "I wanted to see Sunny, can I?" Kyuhyun's mother knew that Kyu would not take 'NO' as an answer.

"You already no that you're not a boy already. Kyuhyun jump to his mother's arms. His mother patted his back gently as she said, "Just be careful."

Kyuhyun bid goodbye to his mother.

...

Sunny was busy on her class. Everyone was so astonished to see her gently teaching and leading the class to her own point of views and teachings that inspired the students.

Most of the boys in the class liked her, most of the girls envied her cute looks. It was Sunny afterall.

Everyone wanted to catch her attention in class. If someone could volunteer to recite, everyone would raise his hand and kindly stand up. Allowing Sunny to see them, they bowed low in respect. 

The students never did that. But, with this charming student teacher, it was all an exception.

The students' moments were all shattered as they saw a bouquet of flowers coming right through the door.

"What;'s with this?" The janitor who delivered it didn't knew who it was from and just gave it and left. He was so embarassed in front of the class.

Sunny held the bouquet with her tiny hands. She smelled them and so a card underneath them. There it wrote, 'For My Beloved, Meet Me in Front of the Bus Stop, 7 o' clock sharp.'

Sunny just grinned. She continued the lessons on that day with a big smile drawn on her cute face. On the spot, she was grinning by herself. Everyone looked at her as if she was a psycho. She pulled herself together and sat on the desk table in front of the students. It would be two months already after the end of this month, she could easily be a teacher. Her dreams occupied her mind.

---

Idling on the teacher's lounge again, she looked at the ceiling, thinking thoroughly of her lesson plans. She was not contented to her position right now. She felt an urging pain of disgust of herself. She didn't know why. Maybe, because after this month, she would forever say goodbye to Lee Sungmin, the guy who bestowed her the understanding of love and its unfavorable circumstances. It strucked her heart like a knife could. She didn't know how it would progress but she knew for sure that with Kyu on her side, she could easily move on.

Sunny's POV

I should believe that tomorrow will come. After a long time, we met and now will be parting ways after the end of this month. I wanted to count the days so that this would be worthwhile. But, I found out that I couldn't escape from him. I chose this profession to become like him. Someone whom people could depend on. A teacher who could guide the students to their right path.

I was terrified when I saw him. He thought how odd I got and how repulsive I am but the only thing that was bothering me was that he liked me before.

Before. A lonely single word of shame. It would be better if I could talk to him to clarify things. But, that would be impossible.

For, I couldn't like him anymore.

She was aimlessly going around to the lounge again when suddenly, someone opened the door. She tried to look at that person and was definitely determined that it was Sungmin. He sat on his table with all of the books on his hands. He tried to flip some to avoid the awkwardness. His eyes tried to peek at the small figure of the woman beside the window peeping through the empty sky yet again.

Meanwhile, Sunny's heart was beating too fast. Not because of how to react at this situation, but because her heart was aching due to the premonition of a heart-wreaking goodbye. She knew that it would only be her that would be saddened but she hoped that the person with her in that room would care even just a tiny bit.

'You're going to leave already at the end of this month, right?' Sungmin had a dejected voice. His serious face diverted to Sunny. Their eyes met and somehow the two got embarassed.

'Yeah? And, maybe, we couldn't meet after this.' Sunny smirked softly. Sungmin tried to return a smile but was unable to. He stood up and came to Sunny's side.

'How's it going with my friend? Sometimes, you could get stressed out. You know him, right?' Sungmin tried to chuckle. But, his odd tone couldn't reach Sunny who was spacing out. 'Earth to Sunny-sshi?' He tried to pat her shoulder that had waken her up.

'Oh, sorry, what is it again?' Sunny tried to touch her ears. 'Oh, Kyuhyun-sshi is nice to me. We're going to meet this 7 pm.' Sunny tried to calm herself and took a few sidesteps to stay away from him.

'Yeah.' Sungmin continuously nodded. 

Sunny's heart was beating fast. She doesn't know if she would be able to talk with Sungmin with the confession he made unofficially. She grabbed a side of the window frame to suppress her trembling. But, she had made herself braver than before and tried to speak up.

'I've.. I've wanted to...ask you..about what I heard.' Sunny finally spoke the forbidden words. It was not inevitable to Sungmin if he would be confused. He twitched his eyebrows as his eyes was filled with weirdness.

Sunny cleared . 'I was..listening when you said..' Sungmin remembered the incident in the rooftop. 'Ah..so is that it?''

Remembering those embarassing words he had spoken, he had nothing to deny anymore.

'Yeah, Sunny, they're all true.' Sunny looked up at his serious expression. He looked at those eyes only reflecting her face filled with love and sincerity.'How could I accept your confession before? You were just a student and I'm too old for you!' Sungmin tried to explain everything that happened that day.

'What do you want me to believe now? After changing like this?!' Her voice cowered. Thank goodness no one was in the room to hear her cry except the two.

'I'm just saying that...' Sungmin tried to think. I must've really hurt her. I'm so sorry but now is the right time for me to give up already. If it was not Kyuhyun, I would have run away with you. But, if it meant that I need to give up, I would for my dear friend.

'You had left me with a scar that even time couldn't erase.' Sunny wiped her tears. She covered her face with her hands and slowly, Sungmin buried her on his chest.

Sunny felt the warmth. The warmth that she had never experienced before. 'Sunny-ah, I'm really sorry but now let's move on. Wash your face already. Kyuhyun doesn't want to see you like that.' She nodded as he lets go of her.

Kyuhyun with his hands holding a bouquet and movie tickets on his other hand, he shivered in cold. 'Aish..what's taking her too long.' There, with his eyes, a girl of few glamour and beauty was on his sight. He again fell in love with Sunny.

Oh..my god.. She's gorgeous. Kyuhyun was unable to hide his flustered face. Sunny took notice of it and said, 'Your face looks red maybe because of the cold. Come here, I'll hold that bouquet.'

'No...no...Hap- Happy Anniversary!' Kyuhyun had a huge smile on his face. Sunny looked at his clumsy side again as he couldn't suavely pass the bouquet to her. She was kind of hysterical also but she laughed at him. Kyuhyun's worried yet his confidence had helped him.

'Aish..' Sunny clang her arm on his. They're both linked. 'What are we watching?' She took a notice of the tickets also.'

'It's First Love. It is a movie recommended by Sungmin-hyung.' Sunny looked up again. 'Lee Sungmin, an embodiment of surprises.' She muttered and gave a sheepish smile on Kyuhyun.

The theater was fully-packed with viewers alike. All were couples who just wanted to spend time with them rather than watch the movie with their heart's content. Kyuhyun tried to put cling his arm on her shoulder and Sunny allowed it to.

'After this, I wanted the two of us to go on a nice restaurant.' Sunny smirked unconciously. 'I've already planned them all.' His nervous face had sights of sweat and Sunny pulled her handkerchief to wipe them off.

'What was the plot?' Sunny said as she tried to eat some of the popcorns. ' Kyuhyun was spacing out. 'HEY!'

'Ah..oh.. the plot...It's about a young girl who was about to die and only had months left who confessed to her school teacher. The teacher fearing that  this is the only chance to calm her heart, gladly accepted the confession. Yet,... I don't wanna be a spoiler anymore.'

'Oh..really?' Sunny sipped the cup of cola. She tried to share it with Kyuhyun but he was focused on the starting movie already.

In the introduction, there sighted a quote taken from the movie that touched everyone in the auditorium. FIRST LOVE MEANT OF NEVER EVER FORGETTING. KNOWING WHAT LOVE IS FOR THE FIRST TIME IS NEVER A REGRET TO A LONELY HEART.

Sunny was about to give in as she saw a lonely girl at the age of 16 on the big screen. She was holding a letter on her right hand gripping it tightly and praying for God to help her. She had a long black hair flowing throught till it touched her waist already. She had a cute Pororo clip on the side to hide her bangs and gave herself a neat looked. She tried to wipe off the dirt maybe from eating on her face. Then, suddenly, she hid herself on a tree and observed a young man at the age of 23 greeting the students with a bright expression.

'Wow..' Sunny was focused. Kyuhyun looked at her, 'I thought that you could relate.'

Now, at the , the teacher had dated her for quite sometime. But, he had a confession. The young girl was in the hospital and her hair had died out. She was not speaking and was like a dried out vegetable with her condition.

Sunny was tearing up. She was never used to this drama. At the epilogue of  the movie, she was stunned. The girl spoke to everyone who were watching, 'Cho-sarang is the first feeling someone could feel. It will never be erased until the end.'

As they went out of the theatre, Sunny held Kyuhyun's hand. It's already 8:45 and she was determined at saying this to him.

'Kyuhyun-sshi, I'd wanted to be honest with you.' Kyu was startled as she said his name so formally.

'Why are you speaking so formally?' He noticed Sunny's heavy feeling.

'The movie was really nice. It's too sad that the teacher couldn't confess that he liked the girl and the girl died in the end.' She momentarily stopped and said, 'I don't to make the same mistake. Like what the epilogue says, It will never be erased until the end.'

'What's the point of telling me that? Don't worry I didn't sluck off.' Kyuhyun was worried about his girlfriend.

'I...I was in love with Sungmin-oppa for quite a long time. He's my first love and I'm not yet forgetting about him.' Kyuhyun dropped the cups that he was about to dispose.

'Sungmin-oppa, you say? You had that history?' Kyuhyun couldn't believe as he saw the crystal clear tears on Sunny's face.

Annyeonghaseyo~ Readers, you still there?

After a long time~ a short update.

Thanks for keeping up with me.