Getting More and More Obvious Feelings

After A Long Time

 

Sunny’s steps were firm and lively. She even hopped due to getting excited with those yummy and creamy ice cream cones she had wanted to share with who do you think? Of course. It’s Sungmin. Sunny was just walking on careful of the ice creams that were slowly melting as she took her time. The time had come for her to arrive at the playground. She heard a voice of a woman she had never heard before.

 

For the time being, Sunny was frozen. Unable to cope with the things she couldn’t comprehend, she stood silently. She even dropped the ice creams that fell on the floor like her heart.

 

 

“What are you doing here?!” The woman ferociously asked the mild yet angry Sungmin.

 

“It is none of your business.  Did you follow me?” Sungmin was kind of suspicious of the woman’s appearance all of a sudden.

 

“The teachers are looking for you. You could fail their….” The woman was not able to go on because she saw how uninterested Sungmin was to his profession.

 

The observing ice-cold Sunny’s jaw dropped. She didn’t know how to react and just hid behind a tree that even Sungmin couldn’t notice she was there all along.

 

“I know… that you just followed me and pursued this course.”

 

“Please stop saying that. You love your job more than your love for me. It was only a sisterly love for a dongsaeng.”

 

“But….”

 

“You’ve already played with my heart. So, enough is enough. I don’t want to meet you again so just go away.” Sungmin tried to talk her out to go away but this woman sure was persistent.

 

“I even followed you here. I’m really concerned about you yet… Do you like that girl?”

 

Sungmin took notice of a moving body behind the tree. He twitched his eyes and slowly came forward.

 

“Who is there?” Sungmin’s eyes got bigger as he saw Sunny. Sunny’s even more taken aback with Sungmin’s sudden coming. She teared up quite a bit. Sungmin tried to wipe it with his thumb as he slowly caressed her puffy eyes. Sunny tried to shove his hand away that shocked Sungmin. She ran away again, unable to understand the situation she ran away due to fear of Sungmin finding out her feelings for him.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She ran way through the tall buildings of their neighborhood. As she was nearing the gate, a figure of a woman suddenly came out. It was a young woman of the same age as her whose eyes were bright that sparkles when she saw Sunny. It was Yoona.

 

“Sunny-ah!” Sunny couldn’t answer her call. She was exhausted and her heart was about to break. She gasped and sat on near the flower bed of their house. “Aigoo~” Sunny who was exhausted was really cute while saying that her natural aegyo always surfaces even through thick times like that.

 

Yoona lent a hand.  Our aegyo queen grabbed her hand to get up. “Aish~..” Sunny blurted out.

 

“Are you okay?” Yoona asked Sunny with her sincere voice and of course, her heart.

 

“Yeah… I’m alright. You don’t have to be…” Sunny was kind of staggered again. “Why are you here?”

 

“I skipped classes. I’m worried about you. Also, Taengoo-unnie but she just took classes to cover for me and for me to also  copy her notes. But, of course I’d share that with you.”

 

“Let’s go inside. I really want some refreshments.” The haggard Sunny opened the door.

 

Yoona aligned her shoes neatly. She was a very particular and sincere person that is why Sunny had opened up her heart to her.  This was quoted directly from her, “No matter what they are up to, even if it is a trick or a plan, I know that they won’t betray me until the end.” She smiled innocently again.

 

“Ah… I thought that I was going to die.”

 

“Why?” Sunny got a pitcher of lemonade juice to revitalize herself.  She also pour it in a glass filled with ice. She gave it to Yoona who looked like she lost 10 years of her life just for our pretty ‘little’ aegyo queen.

 

“I thought I was going to be caught. Ahh… I really didn’t want to do this…”

 

“You’re a beginner in doing canny things such as skipping classes.”

 

“But… I got worried because our always frowning spectacled homeroom teacher was shouting at Mr. Lee  a while ago. It was really a fierce fight to why Mr. Lee was absent. They just should get a life, don’t you think, Sunny? Mr. Lee is kind, right?”

 

“Huh?” Sunny pretended to not hear. She made herself succumbed to dealing with cooking. “What are you doing?” Our natural beauty goddess Yoona helped her with their ‘lunch’.

 

“You look like you are not yourself.” Yoona commented.

 

“It’s nothing.” Sunny hid the fact that she was curious to the identity of the woman with Sungmin.

 

“But… Mr. Lee was really something in the past. He was a gangster but because he fell in love with a college student so he changed his ways.”

 

“A college student?”

 

“I didn’t really know at all. But, that college student right now was already married. I think she also have connections inside our school.”

 

“Really?” Everything fitted together. Sunny was likely able to get close to the truth.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We now revert our scene to the classic high school where Sunny attends to.

 

She was really guilty of leaving Sungmin alone so she prepared a lunch box for him. She didn’t know his favorites so she just randomly prepared everything in the recipe. “Hope I could talk with him.”

 

Sungmin got scolded first day in the morning for getting overboard with his petty reasons. He was really bad at lying but he didn’t know the reason why he rushed at an early morning to just go and check Sunny out. He was really in panic so he brought healthy foods as much as he could. But, they were just bought from his uncle’s restaurant.

 

“Aigoo~ they also never learn. How could they just ignore a stud—“ Sungmin was flabbergasted. His heart was beating fast but he could still look at her in those cute eyes.

 

Sunny stood there. On her right hand, she handled a doshirak. “What is it? Ah… about yesterday…”

 

“It’s fine. Thank you.” She threw the doshirak on him so that he wouldn’t be able to reject it and again ran away. “Hey…don’t run in the corriders!!!” Sungmin finally had his teacher’s pride back.

 

“What’s this?” Sungmin noticed the clumsy-styled doshirak filled with almost all of his favorite foods. Well, he was not picky at everything at all.

 

“Thank you, Sunny.” He mumbled to himself.

 

From then on, Sunny was not treated hardly anymore. She was able to open up her heart and express herself more openly that before. Her popularity skyrocketed overnight without her knowing. Sungmin’s days in the school slowly would be over after Sunny knew it.

 

The aegyo royales treated each other not as teacher and student but as best of friends. Sunny was able to know more of Sungmin’s manliness and Sungmin was able to know of Sunny’s warmth and sincerity. Sunny was not able to control herself to ask if Sungmin likes someone.

 

Sungmin who tried to said, “It’s  a secret.”

 

Sunny got flustered yet she hoped that he likes her. So… she pushed on with her confession.

 

 

One fine afternoon, Saturday, Sunny was waiting for Sungmin to arrive for her to confess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

So...exhausted due to the aftermath of a college review
If you're Filipinos' like me, then you must have heard of how hard it
is to get to UP..right?
Aish...after the simulation exam..My heads been aching.
Please look forward to my next update.
"This is a pure SunSun fanfic."
I always knew of them as extra couples on a fic.
So...I wanted to try something really refreshing.
Comments are appreciated.