After A Long Time Has Passed

After A Long Time

 

FLASHBACKS

 

Sunny’s seat was beside the right window. She was just zoning out and thinking of the pranks she’d be doing after classes with her friends, Taeyeon and Yoona. She even scribbled some on her notebook. She already got tired of the heat and ambiance of her school so she didn’t bother if she would learn or not.

 

Suddenly, their homeroom teacher arrived. The eyes of her fellow students were focusing on the man beside their teacher. “Ohh…A pretty boy..Who do you think he is?” Taeyeon asked Sunny.

 

“Maybe, he’s a student teacher.”

 

 “But, he looked too young.” Yoona’s eyes were sparkling and she almost drooled. She looked embarassed as she tried to wipe it off.

 

“So, disgusting.” Sunny .

           

But, their homeroom teacher called Sunny’s attention. Sunny was known to be a problem student in their school. She was the niece of the principal, Lee Soo Man so she was always called out in the office to run errands for him. So, of course, no one would bother about her. She was always despised by her classmates that she played dirty tricks to enter such a prestigious school.

 

“Sunny-ssi, please tour our new student teacher, huh?” Her homeroom teacher was about to throw the chalk on her but was able to control his temper.

 

“Oh, usual work again,” Sunny was always forced to do that even if she didn’t want to.

 

“Now, Sir, please introduce yourself.”

 

“Ah, yeah.” Everyone’s attention is focused.  While he was slowly writing his name, everyone’s eyes followed and rolled from left to right to scan his whole temple.

 

“Good morning, everyone. I’m Sungmin Lee. I think I’m 3 or 4 years older than you all.” His smile was really very gentle and warm that every girl’s heart was already caught by it. Well, of course, except our cold little missy who didn’t show any interest to even know who he was.

 

Lunch Break

 

Sunny confronted the new teacher. “Sir, let’s go. I’ll tour you around”, Sunny politely asked him with clenched fists. “Ah…but…did you already take your lunch?”

 

Our little Missy was puzzled about his question, “I don’t usually eat since I am maintaining my figure.” Sungmin just looked at her and scanned her whole being. He had this worried look on his face, “Ei… you should not worry about your figure. Let’s go, I’ll treat you.”

 

 Sunny was baffled. Sungmin grabbed her hand and they ran on the corridors. They arrived at the school canteen, “Yakisoba sandwhich for 2.” Sungmin smiled at the cook and she generously gave him many.

 

“Hey, teach, what’s with that many?” Sunny chuckled as he was looking to him with his hands full of food.

 

“I don’t know. She just gave it to me for free, so strange.” Sungmin handed one to Sunny.

 

“You really don’t have to…” Sunny insisted that she doesn’t want to eat but her stomach couldn’t take it anymore. “Fine, just a bite”

 

She and Sungmin ate all of the food. They were happily spending time with each other and slowly Sunny opened up her real feelings.

 

“There were many times when boys in this school tried to bully me, even my first confession failed because I am the niece of the principal."

 

“You shouldn’t be thinking about it. I think Sunny-ssi is a really kind and warm person so don’t bother about those rumors if they did bother you again, then just say it to me and I’ll punched them on their faces.”

 

“Thanks, teach. I’ll go now.”

 

Sunny was about to go back to her classroom when Sungmin pulled her arm all of a sudden. “Why?” She asked him curiously.

 

“Promise me one thing.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Promise me that you would eat properly and don’t go on crash diet.”

 

“I understand, teach.”

 

“Now, you go back and listen to the teacher.”

 

Everyone’s gaze was on Sunny again. Sunny didn’t mind them since she could spend time with a male friend. “Ahh..It has been a long time.”

 

“Hey, Sunny-ah, what’s with you and the teacher?” Taeyeon approached her and finally broke her silence.

 

“Oh…Mr. Lee..nothing, he’s just a friend.”

 

“Really? It’s because those foxes were spreading rumors that you were seducing him.”

 

“Do you believe in them?”

 

“Of course not but the two of you really looked good together.” Taeyeon whispered on her ears. She got flustered and couldn’t hide the excitement.

 

“No, we’re not like that.” Sunny innocently smiled.