Skating Accidents Leads to Great Surprises

Just For Her

Korean

Your POV

Cass pushes me outside once we leave the elevator and she waves to her doormen.

The streets are empty even though it’s not too early in the morning.

Cass simply drops her skateboard on the ground and starts skating down the sidewalk. She does a few new tricks she learned along with some of the older ones she knows.

“Tay, are you going to skate or stand there like a fool?” Cass shouts my way.

I laugh lightly as I jump on my board and follow Cass a few blocks to a handmade skate park that’s clean or at least cleaner than the 1’s back home.

Right away, I jump into harder tricks.

Cass eases into everything like always working into greater tricks making people believe she’s scared. Even though she doesn’t fear death just the thought of what will happen to those that rely on her much like I do. Her moves are more dangerous than mine and could easily hurt her or kill her if she would mess up.

Cass grinds down a railing and from the look of it her knee locks up. She always told me, ‘That you can tell a skater who has been skating for a while instead of a newbee from how they skate.’ Cass is definitely an older skater cause she doesn’t mess up her grind with her knee locked up instead she keeps up her tricks.

Cass’s skating goes really well until she tries to land a trick down the rail and lands on the hard concrete and catches herself on her left hand.

I can see her wince in pain, but she gets up shaking it off and goes right back to skating and doing tricks.

Since she didn’t start crying or create a scene I don’t think much of it.

Cass is always careful when it comes down to her health so if she hurt herself she’d tell me right?

6 tall guys with different colored hats show up at the park, but only 1 starts to skate while the other ones are just hanging out talking.

Cass only gives them 1 look before she rolls her eyes and mutters something about ‘better not be a drug deal.’

They seem to be watching their friend but they are also messing around pushing each other and laughing as if they are saying the funniest things in the world.

I see 1 of the guys with a green hat checking Cass out as her board floated over the concrete.  

I look away from her and the 5 guys and focus on the guy that’s skateboarding. I watch as he makes it seem like he’s on a small wave floating on the concrete. I watch him write little things in my head about his movements.

I didn’t notice that I’m in the way of where Cass is going to land after a small trick.

The 2 of us fall down hard and I hear a small cracking like something breaking.

I only feel a dull pain in looking up I see that Cass made herself a cushion for my fall.

Her wrist is swollen badly, scratches are all over her body leaving almost no part of her body to having at least 2 deep scratches, and I can see that she hit her head hard. Cass made herself a cushion for my fall. She was scratched up and hurting because she wanted to protect me, like an unnie would for her little yeo-dongsaeng.  

I smile but realize that I have to make sure that Cass doesn’t close her eyes from fear that she may have a concussion.

“Hey are you two alright?”

I shout at them, “No, my friend’s hurt. I think her arm’s broken.”

The 1 skating around comes over the 2 of us.

He stops and helps my friend up.

Hey can one of you come down here?!” the guy yells in Korean and they don’t’ seem to notice.

the person in the green hat races down and helps keep Cass up by supporting her on one of his shoulders.

They try to get her to walk but she hisses in pain and they stop moving her.

The guy lets go of Cass’s arm and leans down and touches Cass’s ankle, “Its only a sprain nothing too bad but she needs to go to the hospital to have her head and arm looked at,” the guys says in Korean.

I look at them as I stop my foot, “I could have told you that she sprained her, but I’m more worried about her arm and head. So can you 2 please help me move her?

They look at me shocked, “You know Korean?

Yes, now let’s move.”

The 4 of us reach the top and 1 of the older guys wearing a red hat asks in a deep familiar voice, “Sorry for those 2 knuckleheads. Where is your car?

Back at her apartment,” you state without thinking.

Cass looks up at you and rolls her eyes, “Babo,” she grumbles and gibbs slaps you.

Ya, what was that for?”

Cass wipes her head and I know she’s close to fainting from the look of her eyes.

Cass,” you race over to where she threw her bag to see if she has her pills with her. “I’m sorry she’s anemic or something around that.”

So what you're trying to say is she’s about to faint,” says a guy with the pink hat.

Ye.”

Here then let us help.”

Aniyo, I can get her to her place easy peasy.”

I can feel their eyes glaring at me as if they know I’m lying.

Don’t be an idiot let us help you. If you don’t’ trust us then keep your phone out.”

I sigh, “Fine only because she needs to be looked at, but first can I know your names,” they give each other looks causing me to groan, “Look I’ll tell you our names. I’m Taylor Coy but call me Tay. That girl you’re holding is Cass Perry. You’re names are?”

They look at me and I lift an eyebrow.

Sighing they look at each other.

They don’t’ answer me until the guy with the deep voice goes, “I’m Yongguk.”

I’m Himchan,” pink hat.

I’m Youngjae,” yellow hat.

I’m Daehyun,” white hat.

I’m Jongup,” says green hat.

I’m Zelo,” the guy that was skating and wearing the blue hat says.

Huh those are the names of all the… wait are you guys B.A.P?

Cass chuckles, “Babo even I knew that.”

“Huh how?”

She simply shrugs, “Can I go to the hospital now?”

Yeah let’s go.”

Oh I want to know who made your masks?” Daehyun asks.

Cass made them out of boredom.”

Really that’s so… cool.”

Cass mumbles her thanks and leans her head on Jongup’s shoulder, “Noona, are you going to be ok?”

Cass nods and keeps her head on his shoulder. I lean over and take off the mask that Cass was wearing. She takes a deep breathe and rests her head a bit closer to Jongup.

Zelo looks at Jongup, “Hey can you just carry her since she hurt her ankle?”

Jongup nods and picks Cass up while blushing.

All of I reach their car and they make sure that he helps Cass in the car sit beside Jongup, I slip sitting by Jongup, Zelo slips in the car sitting right next to me.

All of us fit into the car and Yongguk drives to the hospital taking directions from Cass as they try to keep her awake but she was more mumbling so I give him the directions.

When we reach the hospital, I pull Cass out of the Car after Zelo lets me out, “Thank you.”

Do you want us to come in with you?”

Do you want to?”

They nod and everyone but Yongguk gets out of the car.

Jongup picks up Cass and Zelo talks fast in English to me. Not that I’m not used to it since I babysit for a job and most of the kids don’t speak very slowly. I talk with him just as fast out of habit when someone is talking to me fast.

He sighs in relief the 2 of us talk until Himchan yells at the us to shut up.

It seems that Yongguk materializes out of thin air and hits Himchan in the back of the head. Making me and pained Cass laugh.

Jongup sets Cass down and helps her to the nursing station.

“Yes,” the nurse says looking up.

“Hi, my friend Cassie Perry needs to have her arm, leg, and I believe her head looked at.”

“How did she hurt herself?”

“Skateboarding accident.”

“How?”

“I ran into her and she made sure that she cushioned my fall. She had sprained her ankle prior to that.”

The woman scuffs and glares at me and mumbles, “Hardcores.”

Cass and I glare at the nurse who hands me some forms, which pisses Cass off and she cusses the lady out.

Jongup pulled Cass away from the nurse’s desk.

I take the paperwork from Cass’s hands and fill everything out since the 2 of us know each other’s information.

“Here now can my friend see a doctor I think she has a concussion.”

The woman simply stares at me and calls 2 nurses with a gurney into the waiting room, which was fast considering how long it takes it to happen in any other town?

Jongup sets Cass down on it and the nurses pull her behind the doors.