Paris Walking 101

Lessons from Cupids (Completed)
My one-shot stories collection: Love's Path

/lovespath

~~~~~~~~~~

Ella successfully got her one-month leave and Chun was able to move his things from the hotel to Ella's apartment.

The following day, Ella showed to Chun the sights of Paris. On the first part of the tour, they took the Paris walking 101.

"With this, we can get a great orientation of the city on foot while seeing many of Paris' major sights. We can do this by having a West to East walk from the Arc de Triomphe to Ile de la Cite. This walk takes about 1 to 2 hours without any stops. We'll start at the top of Champs Elysees and begin walking down the Champs Elysees towards Place de la Concorde. But I changed my mind that we will have stops; so maybe it will take half day or whole day." Ella said.

While Ella and Chun were on their way towards the obelisk on the square, they saw major stores and restaurants of Paris' most famous avenue. When they passed the shopping area, there's Petit Palais and Grand Palais to their right.

They arrived at Place de la Concorde. They went to Champs-Elysees and Arc de Triomphe.

"Arc de Triomphe or Arc of Triumph is a place where there are crowds of tourists and tacky souvenir shops."

Chun dragged Ella to the souvenir shops to check out some items. He bought the Eiffel Tower mini-sculpture and they proceeded to the Eiffel Tower.

"This represents the city and no other structure can clearly represent the city. This was built by Gustave Eiffel. We'll go back here later in the evening for the light show."

Chun never stopped taking pictures of the iconic landmark. When he was contented, they went to Musée d'Orsay.

Finally they decided to take a rest at the Tuileries Gardens. There, they can find fountains, flowers, and lovers in the park. As they sat down near the fountain, Chun placed his arm around Ella's neck with his hand on her shoulder. Ella rolled her eyes and turned to him; and she gave him a wondering look.

"There are so many lovers in here. I felt like we were out of place here." Chun stated out.

"Do you think so?" Ella asked.

"Yep. It's me and you. If I came here alone, I won't be affected by their mushy actions."

Ella smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. Chun enjoyed that wonderful resting moment. He felt like as if he wanted time to stop. Ella has her eyes still open, looking at the fountain.

When they had restored their energy, they stood up and went out of the garden; they saw a pyramid entrance in front of them. They entered into a place called the Louvre.

Finally they get to see what Louvre is famous about, the Mona Lisa. Louvre is the home of Mona Lisa.

As they got out of Louvre, they walked along a river called Seine. They went eastwards until they reached Pont Neuf. Then they crossed Pont Neuf and walked through the Latin Quarter, crossed the river again until they reached the Norte Dame Cathedral.

"This iconic Gothic cathedral is the inspiration for Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Norte Dame."

They went inside the church to check out its interior structure. After which, they took a cab and headed to Paris' most famous avenue where they will eat their heavy lunch.

They had finished Paris walking 101.