Chapter 9

TORN.

Chapter 9

Author's POV

"W-what ....." Jina managed to say, while staring at the stranger that had fainted in her arms. She tried to lift him up. She let out a sound as she struggled to put his hands around her neck. She blew a raspberry as she walked slowly, dragging the stranger towards her house.

"I don't know who you are, but I have to help you." She mumbled to herself. All she heard from the stranger was inaudible sounds.

After a 10-minute walk, she finally reached her house. She fumbled around her pockets and searched inside her bag for her house keys since her parents are out of town for the weekend. She struggled with the door and the boy who was practically dangling around her neck.

"Slowly ...." she walked him over to the couch. She gently place his head on one of the sofa cushions.

"Be right back." She said to him.

No reply.

She quickly but silently walked towards the kitchen. Grabbing a small towel and a plastic bowl, she filled it with tap water. On the way out, she grabbed the first aid box from the kitchen counter. She carefully dipped the towel into the bowl and turned to wipe his injuries off.

"This might hurt abit. Try to hold the pain okay?" She asked. A weak 'thanks' was heard from him. She smiled. She carefully wiped the blood from his bleeding lip and cheek. The guy winced in pain.

"S-Sorry. I'll be more gentle." She whispered softly. Suddenly, he grabbed her hand, making Jina gasped in surprise.

"W-what are you d-doing?" She asked, a slight quiver in her voice.

"Why..." he paused. "Why.. are you helping me?"

She looked at his half opened eyes. His brown eyes were penetrating through her. He seems to be studying her face, as his pupils were practically focusing on every part of her face. She was momentarily taken aback by his sudden actions that she couldn't even speak.

Silence greeted the atmosphere.

"Do you even know who am I?" He asked.

Jina paused. She then shook her head.

"Great. Because we will never see each other again. Thank you for helping me back there. It's time for me to go now." He said while trying to stand up. He wavered for abit, making Jina stand up in defense, offering automatic help. He flashed a genuine smile at her and walked towards the front door slowly. He walked step by step, walking out of the door. He turned around once, looking at his saviour for the last time before heading off to his place. Jina could only watched him from afar. Seeing him still vulnerable somehow pained her. She closed the front door and went to clean up the bowl and everything. Her mind still went on to the incident.

Questions that was unanswered then, can never be answered now.

And she doesn't even know his name.

....

The next day,

The sun's rays flashed through the small gaps of Jina's curtains, landing on her face. She squinted in defense, silently cursing whoever that was disturbing her sleep. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up. A knock was heard on her door.

"Jina ah~ Wake up~ Oppa made breakfast!"

She smiled and shouted," Alright Oppa! I'll be done in a few minutes!"

Footsteps was heard walking away from her door, signalling that Changsub is gone. She scratched her head, and sighed.

"It's a Saturday and I have no plans ......."

As if it was on cue, her phone rang.

"Hello? Oh! Jae In unnie?" She exclaimed.

"Hey Jina ah! Do you have plans today?" Jae In asked on the other line.

"Nope! Why?" Jina asked, while she stared straight at her toes.

"Ah great! Kiseop has plans with his friends today so I'm feeling kinda bored. Accompany me today?" Jae In asked rather excitedly.

Jina beamed. "Alright! I'm bored anyway. Okay! We'll meet at 1 later?"

Jae in chuckled. "Alright. We'll meet at 1. In front of the school gate okay? See ya!"

Jina ended the call and pumped her fist in the air.

"First outing with a new friend! Yaaay~!" She exclaimed.

"YAAAH JINAAAA! THE FOOD IS GOING TO GET COLD. WHEN ARE YOU COMING DOWN?!" Changsub screamed from the kitchen downstairs.

Jina mentally facepalmed herself. "Way to ruin the moment oppa..." she mumbled.

"I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" She screamed back in a reply.

Another string of inaudible words were heard from the kitchen but Jina was too lazy to care. She rushed down the stairs and went to take a seat at the dining table. There were blueberry pancakes and orange juice on the table.

"Yum! Blueberry pancakes! Thanks oppa!" She beamed at Changsub who chuckled at her dorkiness.

"Arraseo, it's fine. Eat up. Oppa have to go out and meet grandma later on. Apparently, she misses me so much." Changsub dramatically placed his hand on his forehead, making Jina laughed out loud.

"Do you wanna come?" Changsub asked shortly, after regaining his dramatic self.

Jina regains herself and shook her head. "Nope. I'm going out with Jae In unnie today!"

Changsub looked at her and smiled. "Ah.. so you've finally found friends?" He laughed.

"Alright then. Hurry up and eat! Don't forget to clean it afterwards. I'm going up to change!" He said, making his way up the stairs.

Jina nodded and made an 'ok' sign with her fingers. She took around 3 pieces of pancakes and pour sweet maple syrup all over it. She took a sip from her cup, smiling because of the sweetness. She quickly finished her breakfast and went up to take a shower and change. After taking a refreshing shower, she picked out clothes that is simple yet elegant. She wore a floral cream dress, topped with a cream coloured cardigan. She dried her hair with the hairdryer and brushed her tangles away. Her natural curls fell perfectly on her shoulders and behind her back. She grabbed her small cute pouch and took one last look at the mirror.

"Seems okay though. Alright, let's go!" She said to herself.

She knocked on Changsub's door, screaming,"I'm going off first! Bye oppa!"

All she got for a reply is,"Okay bye! Take care!"

She shook her head in amusement. She skipped down the stairs, smiling happily. She then took out her sandals and proceeded to walk to the school gate. She hummed a tune while walking, taking a scent of fresh air and enjoying the breeze.

The weather was perfect.

Wasn't too hot or too cold.

Perfect Saturday.

She saw Jae In from afar as she was nearing the gates.

"Unnie!" She waved her hands as Jae In turned to look at her.

"Hey Jina!" They hugged as Jina arrived.

"Did you wait so long, unnie?" Jina asked.

Jae In shook her head. "Nah. Kiseop dropped me off like five minutes ago. He disallowed me to bring my car because he wanted to drop me off." She smiled.

Jina nodded. "Ah... so sweet. Wish I had a boyfriend."

Jae In then shook her head. "Alright! Today is a strictly no boys day! It will be a girls' day out okay?" She announced.

Jina then stood up straight and placed her hand in a salute position. "Yes Ma'am!"

They then laughed it off together.

They turned and headed off to the subway station, dropping off at Myeongdong. They went through the heavy crowd, stopping by a few snack stalls and shops that sells clothes.

Jae In's POV

We walked down the road, squeezing through the crowd. We stopped by at a shop that sells jeweleries and accessories. I dragged Jina in and was stunned by the amount of accessories they have for sale. We dispersed and went on to look for our own preferences. My eyes stumbled upon a cute lace ribbon. I reached out to take it but another hand was also there.

I looked at the person that has her eyes on the same thing and gasped.

It was none other than the queen itself, Song Hyerin. She looked shocked too. I rolled my eyes and released my grip on the clip. She scoffed and walked away, bumping my shoulders along the way. Talk about being rude.

Hyerin's POV

"Tsk that girl. I had my eyes on that clip. Why does she has to be there?" I mumbled to myself as I walked out of the store. I took out my phone and dialed oppa's number.

"Hello? Oh hey baby. What's up?" He answered.

"Nothing. I'm just bored. I'm all alone in Myeongdong and I met with Jae In." I scoffed. 

"She took the clip that I wanted! Can you believe her?" I poured out everything to him.

In the background, I could hear baby wailing and being noisy.

"Oppa? Are you sure you're okay with taking care of your nephew? Babysitting is not an easy job. Do you want me to come over?" I asked.

"Don't touch that!" He shouted to someone. "Oh sorry baby. What? You wanna come by? Oh please. Be my guest. I could use some girl help." He confessed.

I laughed at his dorkiness and said,"Alright. I'll be there in around 15 mins. Wait for me~"

"I'll wait for you for a thousand years if I have to." He cheesily state.

"Oppa! That's too cheesy! I'm hanging up now okay? Bye!" I hanged up the phone and smiled.

That guy. He never fails to make me smile.

I walked off to find the carpark where I parked my car. On the way there, I had to walked past a deserted alley where it reeks so bad. Since it's still afternoon, it should be quite safe. At least that's what I thought. Clanking noises was heard as I walked past. There was a few people walking so I felt safe. Suddenly, a hand grabbed me from behind and pulled me into a dark corner. He pushed me onto the wall, hurting my back. I winced in pain.

I took a look at the person who was responsible for this. He had bad breath. His face needs a moisturizer pronto. His hair seems to be in need of shampoo plus conditioner. He was staring at me with lust in his eyes. My eyes widened. I tried to push him off as he tried to kiss my neck. Tears started to fall and I shouted for help. No one seems to hear me. I tried to pry his wandering hands off but it was no use. He was touching everywhere. I feel so disgusted. I shouted again but was slapped by him.

"If I were you, I would shut up." He said, with his stinking breath travelling up my nose.

Seeing the opportunity, I kicked him hard at the groin and tried to run. It was hard since I was using heels. I fell hard on the cold and wet ground. I tried to stand up but was pushed on the ground by him who had strangely seems to be recovered from the hit. He dropped himself on me, making me scream even harder. Why isn't there anyone that can help me?

"I want to hear you scream my name later on okay baby?" He said.

I spat on him. "Get off of me you ertic bastard."

He seems to be amused. He didn't say anything but he had that look on his face. He tried to force open my blouse but I tried hard to pry his hands off. I screamed for the last time while trying to push his face and body off of me.

Suddenly, that ert was punched off of me. I saw two pairs of feet running in. A person helped me up. I couldn't focus properly but all I could make out was a girl was actually punching and hitting that bastard. I looked at my saviour and tried to make out her features. But unfortunately, I out.

To be continued...

 

 

Hey guys~ So, i decided to update today although i said i couldn't. Tomorrow is the start of my national exams and truthfully, i am afraid. I'm updating today 'cause tomorrow is English and i'll take this a practice :) Oh well, wish me luck alright? 

Now, about this chapter, what do you guys think? I'm sure you guys know who save Hyerin right? But here's something for you guys to ponder about. Who's the guy that Jina helped? Will she meet him again and get answers? Or will she not? Questions, questions. Okay i better go now! See you guys in the next update~!

COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.