Introduction to the Trainees

Star || SM Entertainment Girl Group || Story Starts

SNSD looked up to the large SM Entertainment building. They were on their way to the conference room for a meeting with Lee Soo Man.

''Ready girls?'' Dorky leader Taeyeon asked, looking at the 8 girls as they nodded.

''It's been a long time since we've been here...'' Tiffany let out a sigh.

Walking into the building, the staff bowed to the 9 nine girls who in response bowed back.

Aegyo queen Sunny knocked the door of the conference room. A deep familiar voice responded, ''Come in.''

Ice princess Jessica turned the door knob and open the door.

The girls' eyes widen as they saw EXO-K, EXO-M and SHINee sitting on the chairs with Lee Soo Man on a phone call.

''Isn't this just a short meeting discussing about the trainees for our company's girl group, STAR?'' 2 maknaes Seohyun and Yoona whispered at the same time.

''I don't know... Mr. Lee just called us saying that we have to come down here during lunch time for a conference meeting.'' Baekhyun whispered back.

''Okay, I got it.'' Lee Soo Man replied back and ended the call.

'' Hey girls, you're here.'' Lee Soo Man looked at the girls and said. ''Please take a seat.'' The 9 girls did what they were told, and sat down. Taeyeon in the middle of Tiffany and Jessica, Seohyun between Yoona and Yuri, Hyoyeon between Sooyoung and Sunny.

Just then, BoA and Kangta walked in. ''Sorry, we're late. We had a broadcast earlier and it ended late. Hope we did not interupt the conversation. Lee Soo Man shook his head and asked them to sit down.

''The reason why I called you guys down for a meeting is to discuss about our new girl group, STAR. I have consulted JYP and CUBE for suggestions, and after the discussion with BoA and Kangta, we already decided the members to be in STAR.'' Lee Soo Man explained. ''The other trainees will be gathered in another 30 minutes. Tiffany and Chanyeol, you two will help to mark the attendance. Jessica and Jonghyun, follow me. The rest of the guys here, you will help to move more chairs up here, as there are quite a number of trainees. The girls, please help to bring the beverages up here. It should be light.'' Lee Soo Man commanded. The idols got to work. In half an hour, everything was done.

After they settled down, '' Where's our Super Junior?'' Yoona noticed that the large 13-member boy band was missing. Lee Soo Man just casually shruged, '' I'm not sure. But I believe they already read the Allkpop article about STAR. Talking about that, will you guys want to see the lucky 9 girls?'' SHINee's eyes immediately landed on SNSD. ''Why are you boys staring at us?'' SNSD asked. ''Oh well,'' Onew laughed. ''Everytime we mention 9 girls, the first thing we would think about is you girls.'' ''Next time, the first thing you guys would ever think of would be STAR.'' Taeyeon stated, a matter-of-factly.

''Alright, alright... If you guys want to see them, follow me.'' Lee Soo Man gestured a sign asking them to follow him. ''Aren't we heading to the trainee practice room?'' Su Ho asked supiciously. '' We are heading the right direction.'' Lee Soo Man cooly responded.

Without warning, the doors of the trainee practice room burst open. Startled, the 30 trainees who were dancing to Super Junior's 'A-Cha', all stoped in their tracks to look at the intruder. Or rather, intruders. Standing in front of them were super famous modern day bands - EXO-M, EXO-K, SHINee and SNSD. The girls immediately stood in a perfect straight line and bowed to their seniors, in which bowed back.

''Wow, I can't believe that there are at least...40 of them?!' Hyoyeon cried in disbelief.

Lee Soo Man turned to the girls and chuckled. ''No.. I brought you guys with me to hear my annoucment. Jessica and Jonghyun exchanged glances and smiled. ''Please be seated.'' Everyone sat down. Lee Soo Man cleared his throat, '' There has been rumors and articles saying that our company is debutting a new girl group that consists of 9 members,like your sunbae, SNSD, called STAR, right?'' The trainees nodded. ''I would like to announce that this rumor IS true. That means that today, I'll be picking 9 girls out of you 30 trainees in this room right now to debut as STAR.'' The jaws of the trainees dropped. ''Yes, we'll be evaluating your performances and progess to determine who would be debutting as STAR. The rest of the trainees would undergo another audition for STAR's sister group or sub-unit, if that's the term you would use... Bright Moons. Good luck to you. We will meet again here tomorrow. Thats all for today. Thank you.'' Lee Soo Man ended his speech. Once the rest of the idols left, the 30 trainees started to mumble amongst themselves.

'' I thought those were just rumors! I can't believe that we actually have a chance to be a real star!''

'' I know! I am so excited!''

Suddenly, a familiar voice went through the speaker. ''Attention to all. I would like to meet all trainees, Girls' Generation's Jessica and Tiffany, SHINee's Jonghyun, EXO's Chanyeol, BoA and Kangta now, at the conference room. Let me repeat, ALL trainees and staff whose name is called, please meet me in the conference room now. Thank you.''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How's the chapter? A long update for you today because I may not be able to update tomorrow due to school activities..Does the last paragrah gives you a rough idea of why Mr Lee Soo Man did not reveal the members at first and do you know why Lee Soo Man wants to meet them? Well, stay tuned!