Let's Head to Everysing! 「Girl」

☆═━┈ 『 ιηтєʀαᴄтιᴠє 』 The Making of a Star

You tilt your head up and stare at the Everysing Noraebang building located in Apgujung decorated with a chic and modern style through the tinted window as you finally reach your destination. Too many things are running through your head at once.

"Gah, there's so many people...She's so pretty...He looks like a model...I need to calm down...Must think straight..."

"And that will be 4000 won, Miss." The deep voice of the taxi cab driver knocks you back to your senses. He looks over at you and raises his eyebrows before printing out the receipt and handing it over to you. Hand over the money without counting, you take deep breaths while counting in your head and open the cab door. You wave to him as you bend down and look through the window. "Bye, and thank you! Please keep the change!" He nods at you without really paying attention and drives off to find another customer.

The people on the street push by you without a single thought and you struggle to remove yourself from the crowd. Following the person in front of you, you walk towards the building with confidence in your strut and try to contain your excitement. Without hesitating, you push open the glass doors with force and look around the main lobby before heading up to the receptionist and handing her your forms.

“Ah, hello! Are you here for the SM Auditions?” She asked with a kind and reassuring smile, waiting for your answer.

“Yes, I am.” You nod and glance around at the other auditionees. Most of them looked average, some others stood out more. Some were chatting with others, listening to their music on their mp3 players, or fidgeting nervously and touching their faces repeatedly.

“Good luck~You’re a very pretty girl and seem to have potential. I’m sure you’ll be able to impress.” The receptionist peels off a sticker and hands you an application form to fill out with your basic information and your number, A139. You then proceed to stick the number on your chest and position your hair so that it doesn’t cover it up. “Your auditions are to be taken place on the third floor. Is there anything else that I can help you with?”

“Yeaah...” You glance around nervously and lean in closer so you are able to whisper. “Can you give me some tips?”

She smiles and chuckles. “I only work here, so I can’t really give you any tips. But I advise you to be confident and stay calm, got it? Hwaiting!”

“Yes, thank you!” You turn away from the reception desk and wander around cluelessly for a while until you finally discover a map sitting on a stand. You take note of the layout of the building and rush off to the elevators. Even though it was only 2:40 and the auditions didn’t officially start until 3, there were many people already starting to crowd in and you wanted to get a good spot to relax.

As the elevator door opens with a “ding”, you and a hoard of others scramble to get into it and you wait uncomfortably squished near the back for your destination to be reached. It transports the group of people up and you feel an rising sensation in your stomach, almost like you were flying. Mixed with the nervousness, anticipation and fear of the auditions, it felt like you were going to barf any minute.

To calm yourself down, you take a couple of deep breaths and clench your palms together before grabbing your water bottle and taking big gulps. You notice that your hands are trembling and your knees are shaking. This definitely wasn't what you were normally like.

“Darn it...I can’t appear to be nervous like this! The auditions haven’t even started yet..if I’m like this now, what the hell will I be like when it’s my turn?”

The doors open to reveal two groups of people: One group is chatting, laughing, making new friends and having fun while the other group consists of people practicing and listening to their music. You immediately know which one you belong to and begin to head over to them.

 


 

Go to the Talkative Group

Go to the Practicing Group