Let's Head to CUBE! 「Guy」

☆═━┈ 『 ιηтєʀαᴄтιᴠє 』 The Making of a Star

 

You wander around on the streets, trying to reach your location. Tired and hungry, you head into a small little coffee shop to order a latte and two chocolate croissants to keep yourself full of energy and ready for your auditions.

While standing in line, you sing along with the song playing in the background, which happened to be Daesung’s new solo song, “Wings”. A couple of glances are thrown your way, and you smile to yourself. Your voice has improved greatly over the last few months with the help of your school’s choir teacher. Perhaps you’ll nail the audition after all.

Humming, you watch the mother of three in front of you finish ordering and her children jump up and down around her feet, begging for some sweets. You step up to the counter and play with the metal clasp on your purse.

“Hello, how may I help you?” The cashier asks in a rather nasal voice. She flashes a bright smile and waits for you to order.

“Oh, I’d like two chocolate croissants, and a latte, please.” You stop singing to talk and flip your hair hair. The cashier nods, and runs off to complete your request. As you watch her, your hand automatically pulls out your leather wallet from your satchel and fiddle with the bills inside.

“That will be 22000 won, please.” She taps her french-manicured fingertips on the marble countertop in a way that makes her look extremely impatient. You rummage through your wallet to see that you only have 18000 won with you. Maybe your mother was right, you’d need a job soon or you’d have to sell your own body...

The guy behind you taps your arm gently and slips you a few bills. You look at him in shock before returning to the cashier and paying for your food. You step out of line and look back at the man who saved you from suffering from a rather embarrassing situation.

As soon as he steps out of the line with his dark coffee, you run up to him and bow as many times as you can, saying “Thank you” over and over again.

“There’s no need to do that, you know.” He stops you from bowing and smiles kindly. “Did anyone tell you that you’re very pretty for a guy? Beautiful complexion.” He looks you in the eye. “And your voice is wonderful. Have you ever considered becoming an idol?”

“Ah, well..” The young man’s comments took you by surprise. You’d expected to just thank him and walk off to CUBE for your auditions, but he was delaying you. “Actually, I was just heading to an audition for CUBE. Do you know about that company?” He seemed around your age and looked worthy of becoming an idol himself.

“CUBE, huh?” He smirks and chuckles in what seems like disbelief. “It’s a small, small world, isn’t it?”

“Huh?” You respond, surprised once again. What was this guy talking about?

He pulls a small, off-white business card out of his pocket and flips it around so that you are able to see it. It reads, “CUBE Entertainment, Kim Chi Hoon, Trainee Scout.”

“Unbelievable!” You chuckle and a corner of your mouth goes up. “It really is a small world.”

“Here, come with me.” Kim Chihoon tilts his head in the direction of a sleek black car parked outside of the coffee shop. “I know how to make you a star.”

 



Follow the trainee scout | Coming Soon
Decline his offer | Coming Soon