Letter

Seoul gang(read chapter five! it's so funny!)

The six boys were sitting in front of the television, hands deep in bowls of popcorn and junk food. Du Jun switched channels, muttering one after another: “These are all boring.” He said, sighing. Dong Woon suddenly perked up: “Look! There’s another episode of Horror Stories!” Du Jun wordlessly switched channels. “Hang on, hyung!” Dong Woon made a wild grab for the control, but Du Jun quickly shifted to the other side where he can’t reach it. Soon, all the boys were fighting over the control, getting popcorn all over the place. Two other boys were on Dong Woon’s side, the rest were on Du Jun’s side.

 

Soon, the boys were so busy fighting that no one knew where the control had gone. They sighed. “Wow.” Kikwang said. “I had no idea that holidays can be so boring.”

Everyone nodded, gloomy. “Not to mention we have to go to school in two and a half weeks.” Junhyung complained, earning groans from other boys. “Imagine all the screaming girls.” Du Jun muttered. Yoseob said: “guys… don’t be so mean.” He said sleepily. “Aww,” Dong Woon said. “You’re quite the softie. No wonder so many girls love you~”

“Yah! You’re ruining our gang’s reputation!” Everyone laughed. It was quiet for a few moments. “You know… You’ve changed since you called that girl.” Junhyung said casually. Yoseob gave him a suspicious look.

 

A while ago, on a round of true or dare, Yoseob was dared to call a girl in some foreign country and try to flirt with her in English. It wasn’t such a bad dare. Except of course, Yoseob’s English was extremely bad. He set his number on private and called a random number using Australia’s code and random numbers. “Hello?” Bingo! He thought. A girl! While he was talking(or rather, flirt) to her he could hear her giggling in the background. “You can’t be any chance, an asian?” She laughed. Yoseob managed to explain( after ten minutes) that he was Korean. To his surprise she started talking to him in his own language. He explained the situation and they talked for a while. Gradually, whenever they have free time they would either text or phone the other, and they’d always have a great time talking to each other.

 

Suddenly, back to the present, Junhyung took advantage of Yoseob spacing out and grabbed Yoseob’s phone with an evil grin. “Yah!’ Yoseob said, no longer sleepy as he lunged for his phone. The others quickly realised what was going on and held Yoseob back as Junhyung read his all of his messages out loud. “Aww, look at the lovey dovey couple.” Junhyung finished and he chucked the phone back. “We’re not lovey dovey!” he protested, even though his expression clearly stated that he wished it was so. They all calmed down , lying down on the couch.

 

Suddenly, a scooter screeched in front of their dorm, paused, and they all heard their letterbox clang. “A letter.” Du Jun said, feeling kind of sleepy himself. “Dong Woon…go get it.”

“Why would I?”

“Cause you’re the youngest.”

“No way! Make Junhyung get it.”

“Yah! Respect your elders man!”

After much pestering, Dong Woon lazily got up and went. The others heard him come back and sat up. “Who’s it for?” Dong Woon flipped it over. He paused. “It’s for hyunseung.”

 

Everyone looked at each other. A letter for Hyunseung? He never gets letters because he’s family is really far away, on another continent even. Dong Woon turned the lights on. In his hands were a huge letter. Hyunseung accepted it nervously. He ripped it open and lots of photos fell out. Kikwang extended a surprisingly fast hand and caught some of them before they fell to the ground. The photos scattered everywhere, causing all of them to pick up a few and looking at them.

 

They were all of the same girl. Of her with her family, with a baby awkwardly balanced on her lap, of her smiling as she swung on the swings, of her dancing at some theatre. They all had her somewhere in them. Kikwang looked at the picture in his hand. She was in a bikini, standing up in the swing, the wind blowing back her hair as she swung. She was laughing or smiling in every picture.

 

She was stunning. She had light, curly blonde hair and bright green eyes. She was pale and skinny. It was clear she wasn’t Korean.

 

When everyone looked through all the pictures in their hand they all looked up at Hyunseung. He was oblivious as he furiously read through the letter, his lips moving silently. Finally he looked up. He snatched the pictures from everyone, looking at them himself. The silence was too much for the nosy Kikwang. He slung an arm over Hyunseung and winked: “Man… where did get that hottie?” Hyunseung gave him a deadly glare. Kikwang put his arms up. It was a while since he’d seen hyunseung angry. Hyunseung turned back to the pictures and a kind of tenderness formed on his face.

Without looking up he said: “Everyone, meet Amy. She’s my sister. We’re going to be living with her soon.”