Chapter 12 - You Are My Life

Things are not the same anymore

“You… You…” Donghae was hovering over me, cupping my face with his hands. He looked so pale and his shaky touch felt like ice. Teardrops escaped his eyes and landed on my face.

 

The next minute Donghae passed out.

 

“Donghae!” Quickly I laid him down and covered him with a blanket. He’s freezing cold. I rushed into the bathroom to get some towels, moistened them with warm water; and applied them on his face and neck.

 

I checked his pulse and breathing… I sighed in relief. Thank God! Taking a chair I settled myself beside the bed.

 

While I was looking at Donghae, my mind was trying to comprehend what just happened. Was that just a dream after all? But it felt so real… Or… Am I now dreaming still?

 

Tick… Tick… Tick… The same clock was ticking…

 

Checking the time it’s 2 hours after I had been… gone.

 

I looked around. It’s the same hotel room I was in. The letter I wrote was lying on the floor. So Donghae has read it… Did I just scare him for nothing? Not that I complain I’m back but… Gosh! Donghae I’m sorry…

 

Sighing deeply I covered my face with my hands. I hated myself so much for hurting and scaring Donghae like this… again! At that time I very much wanted to fist the wall; and if possible my own face. Lee Hyukjae what’s wrong with you?!

 

No idea how much time had passed. I was too occupied cursing myself I wasn’t even aware Donghae had come round. When I saw him looking at me with glistening eyes I gasped and choked.

 

“D.. Donghae are you OK? Feeling better?” I removed the towel from his forehead and rested the back of my hand on it.

 

Suddenly Donghae grasped my hand and bit it hard. I gasped in pain. So this is not a dream… Reflexively I wanted to jerk my hand back but when I saw tears running down his face and his shoulders convulsing with pain I let him.

 

After some time he let go of my hand, leaving a clear and deep bite mark. “How could you do this Hyukkie? HOW DID YOU DO IT?! Something woke me up and I read your letter. THAT SCARED MY LIFE OUT OF ME!! And you’re not breathing. You had no pulse, no heartbeat. Your body was cold to the touch. I didn’t know what to do! NO! YOU’RE NOT LEAVING ME LIKE THAT! YOU’RE NOT ABANDONING ME!! Didn’t I tell you don’t ever do this to me? Didn’t I tell you I can’t live without you? This is not funny! THIS IS NOT FUNNY!! YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT ME!!!”

 

He seized my hand and wanted to give it another bite while I quickly withdrew my hand. That was not a good idea because the next minute he was giving me the scariest (yes they’re scary) pleading puppy dog eyes. Slowly and hesitantly I looked at him and offered my hand... OK do whatever you want Donghae… as long as that makes you feel better…

 

Donghae didn’t take my hand (and I was actually a bit disappointed). Instead he just pouted and rolled over to face the wall, hugging himself tight and cried.

 

I lay down and hugged him firmly from behind. He struggled to break free while I continued soothing him. “Sorry Donghae… Sorry I must have gone insane I thought… Please Donghae! I beg you. Don’t cry and don’t get mad. Please forgive me. PLEASE!!”

 

He kept struggling, kicking and hitting me with his elbows; and was crying even louder. Nothing could make me more frustrated. I determined to hold him tight and was getting desperate when I spoke softly beside his ear on the verge of tears. “Donghae I promise I will never leave you. I promise I will always be there for you; and we will stay together forever. No matter what lies ahead, how fate leads us, I promise I will always love you. I will fight the path forward with you. I will never let go of you.”

 

It’s like what I just said carried magical power. Donghae stopped struggling and was slowly calming down. Gently I kissed his cheek and said. “Donghae I love you...”

 

“Hyukkie… I love you… too…” He rolled over to hug me, kissing me deeply on my cheek. “You’re not going anywhere without me…”

 

I nodded and closed my eyes. God please… We’re not going anywhere without each other... Please…

 

Slowly the 2 of us drifted into sleep. The next day we had to travel back to Seoul. Other members couldn’t help wondering what happened to Donghae and me. The 2 of us used to be cheerful and hyper together. Now both of us were quiet and bothered. Nevertheless it was obvious we were not fighting as Donghae was clinging onto me all the time.

 

On the plane Leeteuk was sitting in front of me. He turned to look at us. Donghae was sleeping beside me, resting his head on my shoulder. He was definitely exhausted after those dramatic events. Leeteuk asked me softly. “Is everything OK?”

 

I nodded and looked at Donghae. Yes everything’s gonna be OK… right?

 

Moments later I looked out the window. I saw clear, beautiful sky. The sun was shining bright. The plane was flying over clouds coated with silver linings. So it’s not a dream… Something did happen. Even Donghae said I had no pulse, no heartbeat, no breathing. And my body was cold… I was really gone… for some time… What happened? Why?

 

I looked around. Donghae was there. Leeteuk and other members were there. Flight attendants and other passengers were there. Everything was so normal...

 

It was a weird feeling I got. At any moment it could happen that I would no longer be there. Not that I heard the thunder again. It’s just the realization that being, just the word “being” on its own, was not so normal anymore. There was no guarantee I would have tomorrow, or even the next minute. Maybe it was not even meant for me to have today, to have this very moment…

 

I positioned my hand in front of my eyes and looked at it. The bite mark could still be seen. My hand was warm. Blood was still flowing inside. My heart was still beating. I could still breathe. I smiled… Thank You so so so so much…

 

Things were getting back to “normal”. All super junior members continued the busy schedules. Sometimes we complained. We whined and sometimes we even argued. But… things were getting back to “normal”.

 

I had no idea what happened that evening in the hotel room. Whether I was really taken away and sent back; or that I was just imagining things. Donghae and I discussed multiple times but still couldn’t figure it out. As time went by this piece of memory was set aside in a far corner in my mind.

 

Until one night… I dreamed that dream really the last time…

 

Donghae was standing in a hallway. He pressed the “play” button of the recorder.

 

“… Donghae…Saranghaeyo…”

 

Biting back his tears he pressed again.

 

“… Donghae…Saranghaeyo…”

 

Slowly, as tears started flowing down, he put the recorder into his pocket and walked over to the wall. Suddenly he punched his fist against it. Once, twice, he kept punching and I could feel the whole place was shaking. His fist was reddened and bruises started to form.

 

Then he pushed himself away, stumbled back to lean against the wall behind him. His knees gave in as he started sliding down and finally collapsed onto the floor. He hugged himself tight into a ball and hid his face between his arms. He sobbed for a long time and said. “Why? Hyukkie… How could you do this to me?”

 

…… (shouldn’t I wake up now?)

 

After some time Donghae stood up, his fists clenched. Tears kept streaming down while he walked into the room.

 

Inside the room he kneeled down beside the bed, on which my body was lying. Donghae took my hand and said. “Hyukkie… I love you…”

 

Slowly he crawled onto the bed and hugged me. He was still clenching my hand when he gently kissed my cheek. His tears wetted my face. “Hyukkie… I hope God has mercy on us…”

 

Donghae closed his eyes; buried his face in my shoulder and said. “Almighty God in heaven, I beg Your mercy. I beg that You shower Your grace on Hyukkie. I beg that You give him more time… Please… I would rather be the one who dies. Just shorten my lifespan and give that to him. I don’t know how many years I have ahead; but I don’t need so many if there’s no Hyukkie… If that’s not enough, I give my life to him. I give my life to Hyukkie… All I ask is to stay beside him after I die. Let my spirit stay with him. Take my life and bring him back. God please. Bring him back… Bring Hyukkie back…”

 

Then Donghae hovered over me and cupped my face with his hands. “Come back… Hyukkie… Come back…” His voice cracked. Tears escaped his eyes and dropped onto my face…

 

I gasped and opened my eyes. That’s what happened?

 

I rolled over to look at Donghae who’s sleeping beside me (If he’s clingy before he’s basically glued himself to me now).

 

Donghae why didn’t you tell me?

 

Actually I knew why Donghae didn’t say a word. “Just shorten my lifespan” he said…

 

I drew in a deep breath and covered my mouth when shock and all emotions crashed down on me. I couldn’t help my tears and every cell in my body was screaming “LEE DONGHAE I LOVE YOU!” at that moment. Love and gratitude filled my whole body and was threatening to burst out my chest. Donghae you’re really my angel… you’re my everything… Donghae you are my life…

 

I snuggled close to him and held him tight, kissing his cheek tenderly. He frowned and stirred.

 

Softly I whispered into his ear. “Donghae… You are my life… I’m not going anywhere without you… I love you…” Holding him tighter I kissed him again.

 

The next morning I woke up and got out of bed. All of a sudden Donghae dragged me back down and hugged me tight. He grinned while his eyes were still closed. “Hyukkie where are you going? What did you just say last night?”

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: Whew!!! Finally done!! EUNHAE FOREVER!!! I hope you like it... and honestly I can't help feeling a bit sorrowful to say goodbye to this story... I really love it very very much... ?_? (and chapter 9 is still my favourite) Thank YOU soooooooooooo much for reading!! Do let me know what you think OK? Please?

A/N2: Chapters 1 to 10 were when Hyukkie's writing down his memories. Chapter 11 Hyukkie wrote the farewell letter to Hae and then the story went on. Chapter 12 was the ending, explaining why Eunhae are ONE!! (oh btw, of course God didn't shorten Hae's lifespan. God was moved and gave Hyukkie a new life. Of course that's what happened.)

A/N3: This is the official ending of the story. There's an alternative, unofficial ending which is my 3rd story "My Heart". http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/29621/my-heart-donghae-eunhae-eunhyuk-hyukjae Pls subscribe and leave comments!! I can't live without them!! Haha~~

A/N4: Today I came across this song. It's AFTER I've finished this last chapter but the lyrics just match!! So I'm sharing it here as well!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09ZoeGaHrw&feature=related

A/N5: If you have read both my stories pls accept my gratitude!! And if you would be so kind, pls leave comments in my blog (Which story do you like more) telling me how you compare the 2. I will definitely read them and keep improving!! I LOVE YOU!!!^^