Chapter 9 - Do Not Let Go of Me

Things are not the same anymore

My eyes were wide open. Yes they should be. I blinked a couple of times to confirm. Yes my eyes were wide open. It’s just… I couldn’t see anything.

 

I extended my arms to feel my surroundings. All I could feel was icy cold stone floor beneath me. I tried to listen only to be deafened by the suffocating silence. Slowly I got up. Where am I? What happened?

 

I was wondering what to do as I turned around. Nevertheless I still couldn’t see anything. Moments later I could feel, though very mild, air flowing. I closed my eyes to concentrate. Air was flowing from my right to left. I decided to walk towards right.

 

My footsteps echoed loudly inside… the tunnel. Yes that should be a tunnel.

 

I walked…

 

And walked…

 

And walked…

 

Nothing… there’s nothing… still I couldn’t see anything!!

 

I quickened my steps as I started to panic.

 

I started to run. I found myself screaming. “Help!! Anybody? HELP!!!!”

 

I ran and ran and ran like crazy… All I could see was darkness. All I could hear was my footsteps echoing my heavy breathing; my quickened heartbeat filling gaps between my screams.

 

When I was close to breaking down I saw a dim light in front of me. Gosh… finally…

 

Feeling relieved I took a deep breath and slowed down. Gradually my breathing and heartbeat returned to normal. At last I reached the end of the tunnel and was blinded by the bright sunlight outside.

 

It took my eyes a few seconds to adjust to the brightness; which calmed me with warmth and peace. There was someone there. The figure was standing right in the middle of the light and I couldn’t see him / her clearly. The figure extended his / her hand to me. Slowly I reached out my hand…

 

There’s no need to worry anymore…

 

When I was about to take the hand, suddenly the all so familiar paralyzing electricity-shoot-through-my-body feeling came. The spell… Donghae!

 

I halted. Then I heard Donghae.

 

”Hyukkie!! Don’t go to the light!! Come back!! COME BACK TO ME!!!! HYUKKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!”

 

I gasped as I took a step back, withdrawing my hand. For some time I was too stunned to move. But soon I remembered everything. The tunnel… the truck… the crash…

 

Quickly I turned around and started to run. Nevertheless there was an invisible force grabbing me and pulling me back. I tripped and fell hard onto the ground. When I noticed I was still being pulled backwards I panicked and clawed at the ground desperately like crazy. I gasped in pain as sharp edges of the tiny stones cut through the skin of my fingers.

 

I managed to stop myself. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

 

No!! No… God… Please!!

I beg You… Pls do not take me yet… Please!!!

Pls let me go back to Donghae… let me go back…

I haven’t treasured things enough… I haven’t loved him enough…

Pls let me go back to him… pls… PLEASE!!!

 

Silence. I didn’t hear any answer. However I could feel the grip on me slightly loosened.

 

I dared not get up for fear I would fall victim to the invisible grip forever. Tentatively I crawled forward, clawing with my hands one step at a time. Every move sent searing pain from my fingertips to my heart, making me gasp. I bit my lip and continued.

 

Soon I was sweating all over. My wrists and fingers started to protest. My hands and arms were shaking uncontrollably while strength was dying out. Nevertheless I dared not stop. I dared not rest. I was not sure if I would be able to resume afterwards. Every step I took, no matter how small, I was a step closer to Donghae. One foot, one inch, one centimeter, even one millimeter… I was going back… I was going back to Donghae…

 

On and on I crawled…

 

And on and on I dragged myself forward…

 

I was certain I would not give up. I would keep going until I was no more. But I couldn’t help doubting if I would make it. It took so long for me to get from the middle (I hoped it’s the middle at least) of the tunnel to that end on foot… How much more would it take… to the other end? And was I going the right direction to begin with? Maybe I was in a maze instead?

 

I wept while I started worrying if I would be able to see Donghae again… Donghae… Donghae…

 

As if he could hear me, his voice echoed in the tunnel.

 

“Hyukkie I love you…”

 

Donghae I love you…

 

“Hyukkie don’t leave me…”

 

Donghae I don’t want to… leave you…

 

“Hyukkie do not let go of me…”

 

Donghae… do not… let… go… of me…

 

The spell hit me another time. Electricity shot through my body continuously. Donghae’s voice, close to scream, echoed loudly in the tunnel.

 

“NO!!! HYUKKIE!!! NO!!!! DO NOT LET GO OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

… Donghae…

 

“HYUKKIE!!! YOU PROMISED YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE ME!!!”

 

… Yes…

 

“YOU PROMISED!!! YOU PROMISED!!!!!! HYUKKIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!”

 

……

 

 

----------------------------------------------

A/N: This is a short chapter but I really like it. Hope you don't mind it being short.

A/N2: Hyukkie I love you... it pained me so much reading this over and over again... ?_?