Teasing Means I Like You

One Happiness.One KYUMIN

 

Another school year started and it was their first day being a sophomore at their school. Everyone is busy, catching up with their friends' stories about their summer vacation or what section would they be. Like Lee Sungmin who came just in time when her friends are starting to line up for the orientation on their first day.

 

 

"Hey guys..."

 

"Hi Min...You’re almost late. Its unusual coz you always come to school earlier than us."

 

Lee Hyukjae said while they were on their way to their seats. Sungmin's smile turned into a frown when she remembered what happened.

 

"Oh...because of that Kyuhyun."

 

"YIEE!!! Kyuhyun again."

 

Kim Ryeowook with that goofy smile on her face that Sungmin wanted to erase.

 

"Yeah right. Kyuhyun."

 

Sungmin sarcatically said while rolling her eyes.

 

"I heard my name...hi guys."

 

Speaking of the devil, Sungmin muttered under her breath. Cho Kyuhyun is the number one enemy of Sungmin. Actually only Sungmin hates him and Kyuhyun just love to make her day miserable.

 

"It's nothing. Just go away."

 

"You miss me already when we were just together a while ago.”

 

Kyuhyun began to again.

 

"Shut up CHO!"

 

 

Kyuhyun was about to say something when their principal caught their attention but before Kyuhyun return to his seat he wink at Sungmin but she just poke her tongue out. Her friends laugh at them.

 

"Aish!! That Kyuhyun really make my day really really....ARGH!!"

 

"Min, relax."

 

Her friends are still laughing and she glared at them.

 

"Sorry Min. We can't help ourselves to laugh coz you two are so cute when you are arguing."

 

"Whatever. He just doesn’t know how to stop bullying me. He keeps on bothering me, talking non sense things while we were on the bus earlier, keeps on poking me and keeps calling me names that are not nice."

 

She sighed and lean her back to her chair.

 

"Maybe he likes you."

 

"No way. I know who he like is."

 

"Who? Tell us!"

 

"Secret."

 

She laughed at her friends who are having a silly face.

 

 

All throughout the day her friends keeps on asking who is Kyuhyun's crush is and because of irritation and she knows she can trust them, she told them that Kyuhyun likes Mi. She is their classmate and Sungmin's friend too but they don't have the same circle of friends.

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun started bullying teasing Sungmin since they became close to each other and that they were neighbors.

 

No one knows that they were close coz everyday Kyuhyun is a bad guy when they are in school but a good guy when they are outside the school property or in public that no one knows them, well not really just minimal teasing.

 

Sungmin hates Kyuhyun because of his nonstop teasing and Kyuhyun likes Sungmin because she is one of Kyuhyun's trustworthy friends.

 

That night Kyuhyun went to Sungmin's house, well her parents treats him like their own child anyway.

 

"Hey Min!"

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Aww… still mad at me? I'm sorry, I was just having fun."

 

Kyuhyun smiled his oh-so-perfect-smile that surely a fangirl would faint.

 

"Whatever...so, what brings you here?"

 

"Help me to court Mi, PLEASE?!"

 

Kyuhyun, who is now on his knees, begging to Sungmin like a god.

 

"Stop that Kyu, I'm not a god. Are you that desperate?"

 

"Actually, not. I just really like her."

 

"Then why are you begging me?"

 

"Well...I know only you can help me and she is your friend."

 

"Fine..."

 

"Is it a yes or a no?"

 

"Yes on one condition."

 

Sungmin smirk and look directly to Kyuhyun.

 

"Every week I want a box of chocolates, cookies, and bubble tea and when you two are officially dating you will treat me to an eat all you can desserts. Deal?"

 

Kyuhyun laughed out loud.

 

"SERIOUSLY? You'll get fat..."

 

Sungmin glared at him.

 

"Okay. Deal."

 

She smile brightly and he felt something inside his heart but he just shrugged it off.

 

 

After that day, Sungmin really tries to help Kyuhyun that no one would ever suspect that she is helping him. Every day is like hell for Sungmin whenever there is Kyuhyun. The constant teasing, the endless question of Kyuhyun about Mi and the humiliation she gets every time Kyuhyun bully her. And it doesn't help that even her bestfriends that she likes Kyuhyun.

 

 

"I told you guys.I.DON'T.LIKE.HIM!!"

 

"Oh really...whatever you say."

 

She opened her locker and saw the chocolates, the cookies and a bubble tea that since their second day of class it’s been constantly every week in there. She can’t even hide her smile upon seeing the sweets.

 

"Hey...can I have these?"

 

Ryeowook tries to get the cookies but Sungmin swat her hands.

 

"You can have but not all."

 

“Fine.”

 

"Hey, it's been...nine months? No. Ten months since Kyuhyun pursuing Mi and the constant sweets you get every week and you and Kyuhyun are getting so much closer now.

 

Hyukjae said while eating the chocolate she gets from Sungmin.

 

"Oh...yeah...but only the two of you knows that we are really close now, there is still the endless bullying of Kyuhyun and other students.

 

 

"SUNGMIN!!"

 

They turn their heads to the owner of the voice that coming near them.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?!"

 

"YOU STARTED FIRST."

 

"Okay. I need to talk to you."

 

"We got to go now Min, see you tomorrow. Thanks to the chocolates and cookies too. Bye Kyuhyun."

 

"Oh, bye."

 

"Now.Talk."

 

She snaps back at Kyuhyun.

 

"Me and Mi are together now!"

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"Aren't you happy?!"

 

 

"O-Of course I'm happy! I was just...shock!"

 

"Really?"

 

"Really. Congrats!"

 

"Thank you so much Min."

 

Kyuhyun hug her even though they were at school and some were looking at them. She felt happy yet sad for the fact that Kyuhyun is now happy with someone else.

 

"Okay, Kyu, you can let go now."

 

"Oh, sorry."

 

"I'll go now. See you."

 

She bid goodbye to him and smiled that didn’t even reach her ears.

 

Stupid Sungmin. You should be happy. What are you thinking?! I better go to home.

 

 

 

THAT KYUHYUN. Why am I like this?

 

 

She remember the days they spent together, their first day of class where they were sitting together and sharing an earphone on the bus. The laughter he brought whenever he . The happiness he shown to her, the playfulness of Kyuhyun, their endless battle between them when it comes to food and their playtime of StarCraft. Even though he is bad, there is still kindness to him. He still treats him a human, a woman in fact. A gentleman but a bad boy. And even saves her when other people treat her badly. And then she remember when she nearly fell onto the ground but good thing Kyuhyun catches her onto his arm. Their closeness is dangerous that she could see clearly the good features Kyuhyun have. Especially those eyes that let you drawn into it and---

 

 

"WAIT!! Why am I thinking of this??! Aish! But on the second thought maybe I do like him. No way. Kyu and Mi are my friends .I should stop and forget about this."

 

~

Months have passed and Sungmin's feelings seems to go deeper for Kyuhyun though the bullying is still there but it was lessen and for Kyuhyun their relationship of Mi at first started smoothly but it seems like they are taking the rough road now.

 

Sungmin is their love counselor though it hurts for her she still comfort her friends. She even can’t help it because she is their matchmaker. And soon she knows she will give up.

 

"Kyuhyun we need to talk?"

 

Mi said when they were alone in their classroom.

 

"What is it? We always seem to talk?"

 

"It’s about us, Kyu! Don’t you see we are falling apart? You don’t have time for me. You are always playing that stupid StarCraft or you are always with Sungmin"

 

"What?! Why even Sungmin have to do with this? You too have don’t time for me, you are always with your friends, shopping here, shopping there. It’s not only me who has the problem."

 

"See you always defend Sungmin. It’s always her you talk about. At first it was okay for me coz she helps us but as the time goes by. It’s different...”

 

They didn’t know that their eavesdropper ran away crying her heart out when she heard her name. She didn’t expect to be like that. All she wanted is to help them and forget her damn feelings for Kyuhyun. It seems like helping them is a wrong move.

 

“…when you look at her. Your eyes are shining brightly. Your smile seems so genuine when it comes to her. Kyuhyun, do you like her?"

 

He was taken aback. He knows that he wants to forget his feelings for Sungmin but it turn out that it was obvious.

 

"Tell me the truth Kyuhyun."

 

"No. I don’t like her. I love her. I’m sorry Mi."

 

"What took you so long to realize that?"

 

She wiped her tears and smile at him.

 

"It’s alright. I understand and don’t worry. I don’t really love you. I used to but he came to save me from falling to the sea of thorns. You just hurt my pride."

 

She laughed and Kyuhyun snorted and started to laugh as well.

 

"I am so sorry Mi and thank you so much."

 

He hugged her for the last time.

 

"I’m sorry too Kyu and thank you also. So this is the end of our love story."

 

“Yeah."

 

"Don’t hurt Min, okay? I know she likes you too."

 

"Really?"

 

"Are you that stupid or just insensitive to know? Whatever, just go. Go to her. Now."

 

"Okay. Thanks again. Bye."

 

He was about to run but someone block the way out of the room.

 

"Oh…so you are the savior huh?!"

 

He said to a man, a little shorter than him and a Chinese-Canadian transferee, he thinks. He then turn to Mi again and smirk and started to run again.

 

~

 

Sungmin ran as fast as she can to her friend’s house. She cried even harder when she saw Ryeowook opened their door, good thing her parents are out. She called Hyukjae through phone to come and comfort their bestfriend. Sungmin cried and cried until she felt tired.

 

"What happened Min?"

 

They finally able to asked her when her sobbed soften.

 

"I love Kyuhyun."

 

She finally able to speak even though dries up. She heard her friends laughing.

 

"Why are you laughing?"

 

She cried again.

 

"Shh. Stop now Min. You are just funny, crying because you love Kyuhyun. It’s not a sin.

 

"I-I heard them arguing about me because Kyuhyun spent more time with me than her. I don’t like that. I want to help them. I want them to be happy."

 

"Stupid Sungmin. It’s not your fault that they are what they are now. Don’t think like that. And I think both of them have the problems, so don’t help them anymore. Let them fix their own problems. Okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

"Good and we quite figure it out that you like Kyuhyun.”

 

"Is it obvious?"

 

"To us, yes, to other people, no. We are your friends Min. We know you."

 

They smiled at her.

 

“Do you remember what our teacher told us earlier?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Some boys intend to teased, to bully, to irritate some girls because it’s their way to show they are interested to them, that they like them.”

 

“I don’t believe it. Kyuhyun is a proof. He doesn’t like me.”

 

“Maybe. Have you eaten?"

 

"Not yet."

 

"Let’s eat!"

 

"Yehey!! Ryeowook's dishes are so good!"

 

Sungmin laugh heartily seeing Hyukjae's silly reaction upon Ryeowook’s cooking.

Good thing she has her best friends.

 

~

 

 

Kyuhyun is running on the way to their home. He quickly went to Sungmin’s room and find out that she is not there. He tried calling her but her phone is turn off. He let it past and thinks that maybe it is not yet the right time to confess to her.

 

Since that day, Sungmin tries to avoid Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun keeps his all might to talk to Sungmin.

 

Finally after so many days that past Kyuhyun was able to corner Sungmin.

 

"Lee Sungmin, why are you avoiding me?"

 

"You don’t know why Cho Kyuhyun?"

 

"If I know I shouldn’t have ask you."

 

"Yah! Shut up!"

 

She inhale deeply and release it with a big sigh. She was trying not to cry.

 

"Because I am so tired of this! I’m tired helping you with Mi. I’m tired of waiting for your promise when we had a deal. I’m tired of you bullying me and act that I don’t ing hurt. But it hurts so much especially that you of all the people why you .You hurt me. And I’m so freaking tired of letting the pain passes through me because I love you."

 

She wasn’t able to hold back her tears. She heard Kyuhyun called her but she just ran away from him. Kyuhyun wasn’t able to hold her because of the things he heard. He doesn’t really want to hurt her. It’s just that he thought it was fun to like that and through that he can speak freely to her, to catch her attention and look at him.

 

Now Kyuhyun think to win her heart and to forgive you.

He said to himself while making his way to his source of happiness.

 

~

 

 

Sungmin slows down from running when she was near the bus stop. She was about to climb the bus when a hand held her wrist. She was pulled and dragged to the opposite way of her direction.

 


They been walking for about 10 minutes and her feet and her hands are starting to hurt now because of Kyuhyun's dragging.

 

"Yah! Yah! YAH!! Stop!"

 

As a cue to her stop they stop in front of a shop, a shop where in Sungmin really wanted to go too.

 

"Kyuhyun..."

 

"Peace offering. Let’s go and eat all your favorite desserts."

 

Kyuhyun grinned at her and all the pain she is feeling right at that moment went away. She then smiled at him and pulled him inside.

 

"LET’S GO!"

 

Sungmin was in another world when she entered. She felt she was in heaven, to see so many different kinds of desserts and to think she can eat it all. Life is so sweet! But then again it became bitter sweet when there is Kyuhyun.

 

They settle their foods at their table and they sit across each other.

 

Kyuhyun cleared his throat before he speaks.

 

"Min. I’m sorry when I hurt you and humiliate you in front of others. I just want your attention but it turn out that I caused you pain. I’m sorry."

 

"I forgive you but promise me you won’t humiliate me in school again."

 

"Yeah. I promise!"

 

"Okay, apology accepted."

 

"Thank you Min and I want to say that when I said I want your attention because I want you to look at me and see that I do really love you because I don’t have the courage to say and---Min!"

 

She was choked when she heard that Kyuhyun confess to her. She can’t believe it. The next thing she knew, Kyuhyun was kneeling beside her and patting her back. She drank the water that Kyuhyun offered her and she looked at him. She can clearly see the worriedness and love in his eyes.

 

"I love you Min."

 

They look at each other’s eyes and Kyuhyun slowly closing the gap between them but before he finally close it, Sungmin pulled back and place a peppero inside Kyuhyun’s mouth.

 

"I love you too Kyu."

 

And finally she placed a chaste kiss to Kyu's sweet lips.

 

-end-

 


A/N 2: I can't emphasize Kyuhyun's bullying to Sungmin. So yeah. I hope you enjoy.:) 

and i want to go to Love Desserts.:)