Distraction

When Cupid Strikes Again

 

Sehun’s POV

 

“Sehun-ah!” A loud voice called from behind. I would know that voice anywhere. I had constantly been hearing that voice call out very cutely to Jongin since the first day of classes. But there was something different now, I was the one being called and I sense something I don’t like.

“Sehun-ah, wait up.” He called once again. I was walking towards school when I heard him call out and I pretended not to hear, with being late for first period as my excuse. I sighed and finally turned to look at the running boy behind me.

“Good morning, Sehun.” Lu Han hyung beamed at me, something he has never done before. To me, at least. He was usually hung up on Jongin to even give a proper greeting to me.

“Hey, hyung. Why?” I smiled politely.

“Nothing, I just want to walk to school with you.” He said without taking a look at me. He seemed shy as he talked.

“Oh, okay.” I continued walking and he followed.

There was never really anything to talk about since we were never close so there was an awkward silence between us as we walked. I could see from my side that Lu Han hyung was fidgeting with the strap of his messenger bag as we walked while taking quick glances at me. I can really feel something bad about this.

“Sehun-ah.” I looked at Lu Han hyung questioningly. “Want to go drink bubble tea later with me?”

If there was one thing that Lu Han hyung and I had in common, it was our fondness for the sweet and refreshing bubble tea. So I never really declined whenever Jongin insists I join them. But why is he suddenly asking me when he usually asks Jongin? I shrugged at the thought that was about to form in my mind.

“Sure, I’ll tell Jongin later.” I nodded. Lu Han hyung smiled but I did not miss the look of disappointment he was hiding beneath that smile. Why do you look disappointed, hyung? Like you didn’t want Jongin to jo--- I mentally slapped myself to stop the incoming assumption my mind was making.

“Sehun, let’s hurry up. We only have two more minutes ‘til the bell rings.” I was not yet able to register his words when I felt a small but strong hand grip mine and soon Lu Han hyung and I were running. I had never run so much before in my life. My motto in life was to never hasten as it will only bring me bad luck. So it was quite a surprise for me when I felt myself smiling and my heart beating faster than it should as we ran. If it was from the adrenaline rush or not, I did not know. All I knew was that I felt happy going against my belief for the first time with Lu Han hyung.

 

----------

 

“Sehun-ah. Why do you look so wasted early in the morning?” Jongin tried to hide his laughter as I stormed into the practice room, expecting to be scolded by the instructor.

Instead, I was met with an almost empty practice room. Then something hit me. Our instructor just told us last time that he won’t be here today because of some important business, meaning no lessons. God. Why did I ran when I don’t even have to be early?

“Morning, Sehun. Did you forget that it’s free time today?” Minseok hyung greeted me with a big smile, making his already round cheeks plumper than it already was.

“Apparently yes.” I sighed and laid myself down on the floor.

As expected, there was no one else who came to class, knowing that it was an instructor-free class today. Only our little group of dancers were present. Lay hyung was already in front of the mirror, doing some freestyle dancing. Jongin sat down on the floor and leaned against the mirrored wall to watch Lay hyung. Minseok hyung was fixing Jongin’s towel which was just lying on the floor. It was a habit of Minseok hyung to make everything clean around him. He hated things out of order so instead of scolding Jongin about leaving his things behind, he preferred to just do the cleaning himself.

“So, why do you like you just participated in a marathon?” Minseok asked when he finally finished cleaning Jongin’s mess and sat beside me.

I sat up and remembered what happened this morning. “Lu Han hyung and I thought we were running late so we ran. I forgot that first period was free today.”

“You ran? But you never ran, right? You and your weird motto in life.” Minseok said a little too loud for only us to hear. Jongin heard from the other side of the room and he grinned mischievously, making me confused.

“What were you doing with Lu Han hyung early in the morning?” Jongin finally spoke, his stupid grin still plastered on his face. “I guess the duet moment between you two finally got you close, huh?”

“What are you talking about? We met by chance when we were on our way to school.” I defended for myself.

“Oh, okay.” Jongin said amusingly. “If I knew better, you and Lu Han hyung are finally getting it on.”

“W-What?” My eyes widened and I heard Minseok hyung chuckle beside me. I looked at him then back to Jongin. “It’s not what you think it is.”

“I never knew that you two had something.” Lay hyung finally joined the conversation, much to my dismay.

“We never had something. Lu Han hyung likes Jongin, not me.” I pointed a finger at Jongin who suddenly had his jaw dropping on the floor.

“What? That’s not how I saw things. He always invited us to bubble tea because he knows you like bubble tea.” Jongin retorted when he recovered.

I looked at him like he just said the dumbest thing, which was true. “He doesn’t invite us to bubble tea because he knows I like it. He didn’t even know I like it back then. And he doesn’t invite us. He invites you. You are just stupidly oblivious that you ask me to join you, much to his disappointment every time.”

Jongin’s mouth formed a little “o” as my words clicked together in his mind. “Oh, so that’s why he’s been clingy to me.” He said seriously but then a smile formed on his stupid face once again. “But that doesn’t justify what I saw the day of our performance. He had his eyes on you the entire time. Lay hyung can be my witness.” Lay hyung nodded enthusiastically and smiled goofily.

“Oh, let’s not forget about their duet. There was suddenly a lovely aura around them when they were singing. And did we mention how fondly you were looking at each other as you sang?” Minseok hyung urged, gaining another nod from Lay hyung.

“What are you talking about? It was because the song was supposed to be romantic.” I stood up, ready to leave if they ever tease me again.

“Whatever you say.” Jongin simply said and stood up to get a CD from his bag. “Let’s practice.”

 

The four of us stopped all teasing and talking as the music boomed from the speakers. If there was one thing that we all agreed on, it was our passion for dancing. And with that said, we don’t usually goof around as soon as our bodies start to move to the rhythm of the song.

 

I was one who was not usually distracted whenever I dance. Dance was actually my remedy to distraction. So I found it weird when my senses were not engrossed to the music and instead my mind was flying off to somewhere, thinking about everything Jongin and Minseok hyung said. To add to the misery, I thought of this morning’s event.

I could not possibly like Lu Han hyung, right? I mean, I’m not comfortable with him. And he likes Jongin, right? I thought. I was not homophobic. If I was one, then I would never have accepted Chanyeol when he told Jongin and me about his confusing feelings for Baekhyun back then and I would never even offered to help him be together with Baekhyun. But that was because it wasn’t happening to me. I was sure I was straight, much like how Chanyeol was before Baekhyun came into his life. I did not imagine Chanyeol’s situation happening to me. I’m not sure about Lu Han’s feelings so why am I so wor--- My reverie was cut short as I suddenly sensed that I hit something… or someone. My assumption was proved correct when I heard Lay hyung groan.

“Sehun-ah, why’d you have to hit me in the stomach?” Lay hyung whined, sitting down while clutching his stomach.

“I am so sorry, hyung. Does it hurt a lot?” I immediately sat beside him, looking at him worriedly.

“It’s okay but yeah, it’s quite painful.” He tried smiling.

“Sehun-ah, want to take a break? You seem distracted.” Minseok hyung asked.

It’s your fault I’m distracted. I wanted to say but instead decided to just nod.

“I know why he’s distracted.” Jongin flashed another playful smile.

Please, Jongin. Just stop. I can’t take any of the teasing anymore.

I stood up and took my bag. “I’ll be going ahead. See you at lunch.”

Minseok hyung and Lay hyung nodded and waved. Jongin, being the annoying person he was, just continued to smile at me.

 

I walked out of the practice room and wandered around the school grounds. I had no place to go where there were not much people passing by. I looked around the school park which was crowded and I stopped on my tracks as I found a peaceful spot at the farther part of the park. No one seemed to go here a lot since it's already far from the school building, eliminating it from the lists of potential hang-out places during breaks. Also, the lack of big tables and benches around didn't make it a place for big gossiping groups.

Once I found a good spot under a big tree, I heaved a sigh of relief as I saw no one was around. I took a sit on the bench beneath the tree and put out my phone and earphones. Plugging the earphones on my phone, I opened my favorite playlist and let myself drown with the loud music. I found myself soon drifting off to sleep with Lu Han hyung’s smiling face as the last image flashing through my mind.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Because we had no internet connection yesterday, I was able to focus on this fic. HAHA.
Hope you like this chapter~ ^.^
I will reply to all comments after posting this~! Thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented~
I so love you guys!!! <3