Lu Han's First Day

When Cupid Strikes Again

Lu Han's POV

 

Finally, I am one step closer in achieving my dream. I'm officially a student at Seoul Institute of the Arts.

It has been 2 years since I first came to Korea. I originally planned to study here at SeoulArts with Applied Music as my major but unfortunately, I failed so I had to enroll in a different university which was Yonsei University. The next year, I applied again and once again failed. But being a very optimistic person, I worked harder during practice and tried again this year. And finally, I have passed. Now I know that victory is always possible for people who refuse to stop fighting. I am now one step close in achieving my dreams, and that is to be one of the top singers in Korea.

 

First days are always nerve-wrecking especially when you're a 22-year-old freshman who looks like a 12-year-old lost kid in a big university. People kept looking at me as I struggle to find the room for my first class. Do I have to bring a sign board saying I'm 22 years old for people not to look at me like some lost kid?

 

Bumping into a person, I immediately bowed and apologized, afraid that the person I bumped into was a bully. Fortunately for me, that person seemed nice enough and apologize to me as well. Now that I was looking at him, he did look nice. He looked like an angel, actually... if you imagine his innocent-looking eyes without guyliner, that is.

"Hey, I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." The guy smiled brightly at me and as I said, he looked like an angel.

"I'm Lu Han. Just Lu Han." We chuckled a bit at my introduction before asking each other which class we were going to.

"Oh! We have the same classes." I exclaimed as Baekhyun showed me his schedule.

"Nice to stumble upon a classmate of mine. Let's get along well, okay?" Baekhyun put an arm around my shoulders as we walked around to look for our room.

"Baekhyun-ah!" We both look to the direction of the voice to see a wide-eyed guy who was standing in front of a room labeled 204 and waving at us, or Baekhyun, to be exact.

"Oh, there's our class. Let's go." He excitedly dragged me to the guy and hugged him.

"Do Kyungsoo! I missed you so much! How was your vacation at the county?" Baekhyun happily asked the guy.

"It was fun. My parents were looking for you, actually. Wondered why you didn't visit with me this year. Told them you found yourself a bo---" The guy named Kyungsoo said animatedly but stopped as soon as he noticed me. "Oh. Hi there."

"Hi." I greeted bashfully.

"Oops, I forgot to introduce you to each other." Baekhyun smiled at me apologetically. "Lu Han, this is Kyungsoo, my bestfriend since forever. Kyungsoo, this is Lu Han, our new friend since today."

"Hi, Lu Han." He beamed at me before his eyes widened in wonder. "How old are you? You look so young."

He asked the question I dreaded the most. I sighed, thinking of ways I should explain how my babyish looks contrast my age. I was always asked this question but I never got used to it.

"I'm 22. Don't even ask why I look like 12 years old. I don't know the answer to that." I said all that in one breath and smiled at the end so as not to look like I was being sarcastic, which I really wasn't.

"Wow. You're older than us... but I look like your uncle." Kyungsoo commented, making us laugh at his sudden remark.

"No, you look just fine for your age, which is..."

"I'm 19. Baekhyun's 20."

"Oh, I should call you two dongsaeng, then." I smiled, happy that I found two new friends early in the morning.

 

As the classes started and ended, I found myself with actually three new friends. Jongdae, a new addition to the list. He was late for class, a thing that was already common to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. I learned a lot about them during classes. Yes, we were not listening to the professor though there really weren't anything to listen at because it was the first day of classes.

Back to the things I've learned about my new friends... They were actually a popular trio back in their high school, known as BaekKyungDae which literally means 1 with lots of zeroes in it, I don't even know how to count until that number. They became best friends in middle school when they were all competing for the same award which they eventually lost to some guy named Jonghyun. They comforted each other when they lost and by the end of the day, they decided to just perform together. Baekhyun was in a band though so he had his solo act with his band when he's not singing with the two. Also, I learned about Baekhyun's beautiful love story with this amazing person he calls Chanyeol. I was in awe as Baekhyun tells how they met and how he got rejected then confessed to by Chanyeol. He studies at the same school but in a different department from us so as Baekhyun said, I would be meeting him during lunch.

 

"We're almost to the school cafeteria, Baekhyun. Can you please stop smiling like Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo whined as we neared the cafeteria.

"Just don't mind him, Kyungsoo. You know how giddy he is when he's about to meet the love of his life." Jongdae slung an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders.

Walking into the cafeteria, Baekhyun's head could not stay still in one direction. He kept on turning, looking for that familiar face he'd always wanted to see again. When Baekhyun finally found him, he tightly gripped my arms and pulled me with him towards his boyfriend's table. I was shocked to see that the table was full of people. And they told me Chanyeol was alone in his department.

I scanned the faces of the people on the big table and my gaze fell upon a certain dark-skinned boy. His skin, as I said, was darker than anyone in the seat and his skin looked much darker as he was seated beside a pale-skinned mushroom boy. His face looked so manly, his eyes mesmerizingly dark, his hair attractively disheveled, his nose perfectly sculpted, his lips captivatingly plump. I have to know this guy!

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Guess what? Lu Han has a crush on... :D
Please don't throw anything at me. It'll soon be what you want. But for now, it isn't. HAHA.

Gotta go~ Still have to watch some videos! ^.^