New Friends and Complications

When Cupid Strikes Again

Sehun's POV

 

"Lay hyung, Minseok hyung. Do you want to join us for lunch?" Jongin excitedly invited our new friends as soon as classes ended.

"Our friends from other departments will be meeting us for lunch. We'll introduce you to them." I added. I liked Lay hyung and Minseok hyung. They are so down-to-earth despite being two of the best dancers in the class. They even praised me so much that I questioned myself if I was worth all their praises. I shrugged off the negative thought and went back to reality.

"Hmm..." Minseok hyung rubbed his chin in deep thought. He looked like a hamster as he did that and I had to mentally kick myself to stop the incoming chuckle about to slip from my mouth.

"I guess we could go with you, guys." Minseok hyung finally said.

"Yeah, it'll be fun having friends from other departments." Lay hyung smiled.

With that decided, we headed to the cafeteria to look for the other.

 

It has really been an overwhelming day for me, not only because it is my first day in college. I happen to have my dance skills acknowledge by people for the first time, giving me enough confidence to last for the rest of the semester. Also, I happen to gain two friends who would most likely become my brothers as our relationships deepen. I don't think there would be any other thing that could complete or ruin my day. Well, that was when we hadn't met our friends' new friends.

 

"Hey!" Chanyeol called out from his table. Expecting the table to be empty and just Chanyeol there, the table was surprisingly filled with three other people who looked like they just came out of a photoshoot. They all look handsome and captivating, Chanyeol being the only one who looked... derpy? Chanyeol looked overly plain as he was seated between a freakishly tall blonde-haired guy and an overly smiling guy. But Chanyeol being the derpy Chanyeol, he would not go unnoticed because of his big smile.

"Chanyeol-ah!" Jongin exclaimed as he saw Chanyeol and ran towards him like a five-year-old who just met his long lost brother after so many years. I laughed at him and apologized to our friends for his behavior.

"Nah, it's alright. We'll get used to it." Minseok smiled reassuringly.

 

We followed after Jongin and sat at the table. Silence filled the table as we look at the unfamiliar faces around us. The blonde-haired guy eventually broke the silence when he burst into fits of laughter. Everyone looked at him in confusion at first until the dark-haired guy followed him and soon we found ourselves laughing together for no reason at all.

"I'm sorry. It's just that we all looked funny with our serious expressions like we're in some sort of meeting." The blonde guy managed to say as he wiped the tears forming in his eyes. He cleared his throat after a while and his serious face was back on. "I'm Kris, by the way."

"Zi Tao. But call me Tao, please." The dark-haired guy said after Kris finished. From the way Tao was clinging to Kris like his life depended on it, I could tell that their relationship is not just brotherly love.

"I'm Joonmyun. We're from the same class as Chanyeol." The guy beside Chanyeol said. His smile was so bright that it looked like there was a glowing aura around him. "We heard you're Chanyeol's best friends. Nice to meet you."

"Hi, I'm Jongin!" Jongin grinned, obviously pleased with the new friends Chanyeol had eventually made. We were worried when we realized that Chanyeol was the only who will be alone once we get to college and Jongin being the concerned and observant friend he is, he was afraid Chanyeol would fall into bad hands and become even derpier as before. His newfound friends though looked good enough not to let Chanyeol go the wrong way.

"I'm Sehun." I simply said. I was always lame with introductions so there was really nothing else for me to say so I just smiled.

"Hi, I'm Yixing. But call me Lay. It's hard for Koreans to call me Yixing." Lay smiled awkwardly. His confident aura seemed to be gone when he was not dancing. He was now a shy guy who seemed out of this world.

"Oh, Chinese as well. We will get along well." Tao patted his back and Yixing responded with another awkward smile.

"My name's Minseok. I'm really glad that I now have few set of friends in college. I thought I would have no one to tell my jokes to." Minseok smiled brightly, giving off a playful aura.

We soon fell into a comfortable silence as we bought food from the counter and made our way back to the table.

"So Kris, what made you study in SeoulArts?" Jongin asked curiosly.

"I wanted to master the Korean language and study photography as well so I thought of becoming an exchange student here." Kris responded, playing with the food on his plate.

"What about you, Tao?" Jongin continued to ask.

"Oh, I just wanted to follow Kris so I studied here." Tao smiled proudly, like he just won a singing contest or something. I laughed at his cuteness. His cuteness contrasts his intimidating looks.

 

"Baekhyun-ah!!!" We almost jumped out of our seats from surprise when Chanyeol squealed in his very deep voice. It gave me goosebumps how such a gigantic person with a very deep voice could squeal just because of his lover. Kai an I shook our head as Baekhyun ran towards Chanyeol's seat and the both of them were in a tight embrace looking like they've been separated for a year.

My eyes caught Kyungsoo's distressed look. He must have been having a hard time controlling Baekhyun again. I chuckled silently to myself at the thought of Kyungsoo's eyes almost popping out of their sockets everytime he nags at Baekhyun. Jongdae patted Kyungsoo's back and turned to his left to smile at the boy next to him. The boy looked unfamiliar, meaning he might be another addition to their growing list of new friends. He had light brown hair and it looked fluffy that I want to play with it. His complexion was milky smooth with a hint of sunny glow in it. His eyes were big and doe-like and... were staring at something beside me. I followed his direction and it ended right at Jongin. I gasped as I found a new discovery. This boy might actually be crushing on my best friend. Oh no! Will there be another gay couple in my group of friends?

 

"Hey, guys! We're here!" Kyungsoo announced. His eyes intent on me, refusing to look at the person beside me. Unlike the boy he's with whose eyes seemed to be glued to Jongin. Kyungsoo and Jongin apparently have become enemies during our last year in high school for some reason only the two of them knows. They were quite close when our groups got together because of Baekhyun and Chanyeol but after a few months of their closeness, everyhting became awkward. No one dared to ask them about it because we would just end up dying from the intense glare both gave when they're angry.

"Hey, Kyungsoo, Jongdae." I greeted them with a smile and motioned for them to seat. They eventually sat at the table but not before telling their oblivious friend to sit. He sheepishly smiled before pulling the chair beside Baekhyun who is on lovey-dovey mode with Chanyeol and sat.

The introductions were yet again made. When it was the boy's turn to introduce himself, my head snapped in his direction. His voice was so angelic, I felt I was listening to a lullaby. I shook my head to erase the thought and went back to eating.

"Hi, I'm Lu Han from Beijing, China. I came here to become a singer." Wow. Another Chinese. I thought as I looked at the excited faces of the other Chinese people in our table. I counted in my head how many Chinese friends we now have. Four. Is it just coincidence that our usual group of six Korean boys now doubled in number and is becoming multinational?

 

When it was time for Kai to introduce himself to Lu Han, I can't seem to contain my amusement as Lu Han's face suddenly turned beet red just from Jongin saying his name.

"Hi, Lu Han. I'm Jongin. Hope we become good friends." Jongin flashed him a smile and Lu Han turned redder if it was even possible.

 

"I'm Sehun. Nice to meet you." Lu Han's gaze finally left Jongin as he turned to look at me. I smiled at him knowingly and he must have guessed I knew of his secret admiration of Jongin because he suddenly looked down at his food, fidgeting with the chopsticks he was holding. I laughed to myself at how cute Lu Han was acting but then shrugged off the idea and went back to reality.

 

The conversation went back to the earlier part, with questions about why we enrolled here, what major were at and why and so on. I did not listen that much to the conversation as I was distracted by the nauseating scene in front of me. Baekhyun and Chanyeol flirting with each other, whispering sweet nothings to each other like there's no tomorrow. No matter how much I loved these two, I always hated them for showing off their affections too much in public. Chanyeol had become more accepting with the fact that he has a boyfriend, not a girlfriend and since then, he's been glued to Baekhyun for most of the remaining days in our high school. Kai and I had to spend days alone in each other's company, just staring at the wall whenever we're at home. Chanyeol was moodmaker in our trio and without him, we felt empty and bored at times. That's why I swore to myself... I would never let myself fall in love with someone, be it a girl or a guy. There's too much to lose with love.

 

 

 

 

A/N: An update! Hope I was able to answer your questions~ Yes, it is Kai who's currently Lu Han's apple of the eye.
But things will progress along the way. :D

Thank you to all the new subscribers and thank you for all the lovely coments. Just keep them coming~ I like reading comments especially those long ones~ ^.^
I'm not demanding, by the way. Just saying. :D