Everything Changed

When Cupid Strikes Again

 

Lu Han's POV

 

“Hi, Lu Han.” As my name perfectly rolled out of the charming boy's mouth, my body seemed to get hotter. “I'm Jongin. Hope we become good friends.”

He smiled so bright that I literally felt my heart do a backflip. I was feeling like I had met my celebrity crush in person. No, scratch that. This was better because the boy named Jongin is a normal person, if not the hottest normal person anyone could ever met, who seemed to be a down-to-earth kind of person. Despite him looking so gorgeous and perfect, he seems nice and friendly.

 

“Hyung! Let’s go home.”

A loud voice brought me back from my reverie and as I looked at the one who just called out to me, I felt my heart do a somersault as my dream boy stood just inches away from me with that breathtaking smile on his face. I felt the corners of my lips pull themselves up into a smile.

It has been more than four weeks since the first time I met my newly found friends on that fateful day at lunch. And now, I have eleven amazing friends I could be comfortable with and depend on. To top it all off, the guy I’ve been crushing on is closer to me than ever. Jongin is really a sweet guy, always joining me whenever I want to go to the mall or to the bubble tea shop I frequent.

Ruining my fantastic reminiscence of my moments with Jongin, I saw Sehun behind Jongin rolling his eyes at me. I could sense that Sehun knows about my secret admiration for his best friend and since I don’t want my secret being revealed all of a sudden, I just shrugged and mentally cursed him. I really find Sehun weird sometimes, especially when he gives me these scrutinizing look every time I’m with him and Jongin. I really wonder from time to time how did Jongin and Sehun actually became best friends when they’re exact opposites of each other, Jongin being the bubbly and friendly person while Sehun being the reserved type of person. Oftentimes, my wondering leads to many speculations, though. Speculations I never want to become true. Like Jongin and Sehun actually having something for each other, that’s why they’re very close.

My curiosity got the best of me as my mouth suddenly blurted out, “Are you guys dating?”

I was expecting their reactions so I wasn’t surprised to see Sehun choking on the bubble tea he was just drinking then shooting daggers at me with his eyes after recovering from his near-death experience and Jongin laughing his off beside him.

After his hysterical laughing, Jongin wiped the tears that had formed in his eyes, “Of course not, we are just best friends. I would never date someone like this derp.”

I heaved a small sigh of relief, glad that Jongin had confirmed his relationship status with Sehun.

 

Time really flies fast when you’re with the person you like. That’s why after a few minutes of walking and chatting with Jongin plus Sehun at the side, we found ourselves saying our goodbyes for the day.

“Bye, Sehun!” I said, a little bit too happily. Sehun nodded in response without saying anything at all.

My heart skipped a bit as I felt Jongin’s warm hand resting on my shoulder. “Bye, hyung.”

“I wanted to spend more time with, Jongin. Can you not go home yet?” I whined, reluctant to let Jongin go home just yet. Jongin just laughed and ruffled my hair before walking away and waving a hand.

“Bye, hyung.” Jongin said for the last time. I would have waved back at him if it wasn’t for Sehun who was sticking a tongue out at me as they walk away from me. I replied with the same gesture, sticking my tongue out as far as possible. I could never get this kid Sehun… so cute yet so mischievous.

 

----------

 

“Hyung, Sehun and I can’t hang out with you for two weeks after school. We have to practice for the performance at the end of the month.” Jongin told me a week after our last hang-out to the bubble tea shop.

“Oh. Well, it’s okay. You do realize there are a lot of us in our circle of friends, right? I’ll just hang out with them while you’re practicing.” I tried to give off a bright smile but ended up failing, which Jongin noticed.

“Don’t be sad, hyung. Sehun and I will take you out to bubble tea again after our performance. And we’re inviting you to watch us, by the way. Lay hyung and Minseok hyung will be performing also. They’re such great dancers. You’ll enjoy watching us, I promise.” Jongin looked at me pleadingly.

You don’t have to beg me, Jongin. As long as you’ll be dancing, I’ll watch it wherever and whenever. I thought. I giggled at myself for thinking that. My admiration for Jongin is just too much, I cannot handle it.

 

So for the rest of two weeks, I spent my after school time with Baekhyun’s trio. Jongin had taken up too much of my time for me to actually hang out with classmates-slash-new-friends BaekKyungDae so I found this to be the opportunity to get to know them better. We spent our time either at the mall shopping for clothes and musical sheets or at the noraebang singing our hearts out. As the four of us sang together, the trio noticed how much better everything sounded with me as an addition so they invited me into their trio making us a quintet. A new name is still being discussed though since BaekKyungDae only represents the three of them.

 

“I miss Jongin.” I blurted out while we were on our way to the noraebang yet again for another concert-like performance.

“Hyung, you’ve been saying that for the last… I don’t know, five days?” Jongdae groaned.

Baekhyun just laughed and patted my back. “Don’t mind him, he’s just lacking love right now because he can’t seem to find any potential girl or boy in school.”

“No, it’s okay. I guess I’m being too obsessed with Jongin lately.” I laughed sheepishly to which Baekhyun nodded at. “I totally understand you. I was like that with Chanyeol, too.”

With the mention of Chanyeol’s name, I remembered their love story and couldn’t help but smile. Would I be like that with Jongin in the future?

I shrugged off the silly thought and turned to look at Kyungsoo. My smile turned to frown all of a sudden as I see the indifferent look on Kyungsoo’s face. He’s always like that whenever I mention Jongin. It had me wondering what was going on between Kyungsoo and Jongin. Were they enemies? Past lovers? Secret lovers?

“Anyways, have you seen Jongin dance yet?” Baekhyun asked and I shook my head in response. “What? You haven’t? Well, wait ‘til you see him dance. I think your admiration for him will level up ten times. He is such a talented dancer, he could be in a dance group by now.”

As Baekhyun raised my expectation for Jongin’s dance performance, I could not help but daydream how great of a dancer Jongin must be for Baekhyun to praise him like that. Only a few more days left and I’ll be having one of the best days in my college life, seeing Jongin perform for the first time.

 

----------

 

“Hurry up, Lu Han! The performance’s about to start. Everyone else is there already.” Kris groaned as we ran as fast as we can towards the auditorium.

I had started living with Kris, Tao and Yixing a few weeks after our first meeting. Tao, being the lovely person he was, wanted to get to know his newly found friends who speak the same language as him so he invited Yixing and me to live with them. He had to use his powerful aegyo at Kris to take us into their home which was a present given to them by their parents. Kris eventually did not mind about the additional people lurking around their house because we helped them with household chores, Lay being the cook and I the laundry boy.

“Where’s Tao? Isn’t he supposed to go with us?” I managed to ask as I try to catch my breath.

“Since you had no intention of waking up, I told Tao to go ahead with Lay to help him with his stuff.” Kris glared at me.

I smiled apologetically as we finally reached the auditorium.

 

As we open the door leading to the auditorium, loud music could be heard. The performance was already starting so we hastened our movements and finally found ourselves inside. I scanned the audience for familiar faces but suddenly a tall boy dancing gracefully on stage caught my attention.

His back was facing the audience so I could not exactly get a clear view of his face. All I could see was that he had pale skin that glowed as the spotlight hit him, dark auburn hair that looked like it was pushed back and lastly, a body that screams perfection. His body was moving like it had a mind of its own, following every beat of the music. I could feel my heart beating as fast as the music as I carefully watch his every movement. Every movement made by the boy was smooth and almost perfect. As I try to move my attention to the performance, I saw Jongin beside him. Jongin’s dancing, as Baekhyun said, was perfect. His movements were clean and powerful. He moved to the beat of the song like it was natural. I was in awe as I watched Jongin but then the glowing boy beside him had my breath caught onn my throat. Although I could not see his face, I was imagining how handsome he must be.

He must have small eyes, flawless face and… wait, why is his back so familiar? Like I’ve just seen it recently… Like I’ve been seeing his ba--- The music shifted to a different beat and the boy I’ve been marveling suddenly turned around, leaving me wide-eyed. Not because the boy was as handsome as I imagined. Though he did look handsome. But because the boy I’ve watching all this time was none other the person I felt so uncomfortable with… Sehun.

 

“---Han! Why are you staring off into space? The boys are waiting for us in front.” I felt my body being pulled by someone.

My brain was not in its proper state for me to know who was pulling me, even to care about actually being pulled. All it could comprehend was the image of Sehun dancing on-stage.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Okay, I know this chapter is crappy. I also know for a fact that it's been more than a week since I last updated so I want to sincerely say sorry to every subscriber for making you wait so long.

But on the brighter side, this is kind of what you're waiting for. I didn't want to delay the HunHan moments so here is the beginning. :D

Comments are very much welcomed. You can even complain about how I produced an unsatisfying chapter despite the long time I was gone. LOL.

Oh, and before I forget... THANK YOU to everyone who subscribed! This story currently has 100 subscribers!!! I hope all 100 subscribers enjoy reading this! <3