Will you let me cling onto you forever?

When Cupid Strikes Again

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

 

And so there I was, alone sitting on a bench under a big tree with all thoughts of Lu Han hyung stuck in my head.

After my talk with Chanyeol, I did understand my feelings more. At the moment, I was 72.57% certain that I liked Lu Han hyung but that didn’t mean I accept those feelings. The thought of ever being in a romantic relationship with the same gender was still quite disturbing to me.

Chanyeol being in a relationship with Baekhyun was a different case. Chanyeol liked Baekhyun even before he found out he was a boy. He had already developed feelings for him even before he realized he was falling for someone of the same gender. He had fallen deep even before he could stop himself.

My situation was totally different from his. Lu Han hyung and I never really had the closest relationship in the world. He was smitten with my best friend and was irritated with me for ing them. He did not leave me with the best first impression. Everything was not going well between us until that magical moment we sang together. The moment when all I saw was him, all I heard was him and all I felt was him. The moment when I realized how beautiful Lu Han hyung looked whenever he sang. The moment when I saw the twinkle in his eyes as he sang wholeheartedly. The moment when I got blinded by his carefree smile. The moment when I envied Jongin for having Lu Han hyung’s doe eyes look at him lovingly. The moment when I longed for him to look at me with sparkles in his eyes instead of lasers. The moment when I realized…

“Do I like him?”

The words reluctantly came out of my mouth like it was the most painful words. Yet as I ask myself that question, it felt like a heavy weight was about to be lifted from my shoulders. I heaved a sigh yet it sounded as if it was out of relief.

“I do like him. I like Lu Han. Even before that duet, I liked him.” I admitted to myself.

I denied all thoughts of liking Lu Han hyung even before but now that I have said it aloud to myself, everything suddenly clicked in place. Realization hit me.

I tease Lu Han hyung every time because it was my way of hiding my feelings. I because I know I would always get a reaction from him. I because he would always look adorable with his furrowed eyebrows and puckered lips. I tease Lu Han hyung because I like him.

I Lu Han hyung and Jongin because deep inside of me, I was afraid Jongin would slowly come to like him. I agree on going with them every time because I know Lu Han hyung could not make a move whenever I was around. I agree on being the third wheel because it’s the only way I could spend time with Lu Han hyung without him suspecting.

“I like Lu Han.” I said for the last time before standing up and making my way back to the school building.

As I walk towards the school building, my eyes were filled with determination and my heart was overflowing with anticipation. Today, I have to make Lu Han hyung mine.

 

“Class dismissed.” The dance instructor clapped, signaling the end of classes. “Today, everyone did well especially you Sehun. Keep up the good work.”

I smiled bashfully at the instructor’s compliment. Jongin gave me a reassuring pat on the back as if he was agreeing with the instructor.

“You really did great today, Sehun. And you were so down just before lunch. Did something good happen?” Minseok hyung asked as he we gathered our bags at the corner.

“What did you and Chanyeol do at lunch, by the way? You two suddenly left us.” Lay hyung pouted.

“Hmm…” I deliberated on whether it was the right moment to confess to everyone. I decided though that it was not yet time. “Nothing, we just talked about his forever on-going obsession for Baekhyun.”

The two laughed and shook their heads. It was possible for Chanyeol to hold a conversation for four hours just talking about Baekhyun so I wasn’t surprised that they believed my alibi.

On the other hand, I could feel lasers shooting from the back of my head so I turned around only to be met by the apprehensive look on Jongin’s face.

“Really? That was it?” Jongin leaned closer to me, his arms crossed and his eyes furrowed.

I laughed nervously and pushed Jongin away from me. “Y-Yes, that was it. What else is there to talk about?”

“What else? Maybe you talked about that problem of yours… which you haven’t told me about.” I could see the disappointment in Jongin’s eyes and it took all my will not to just blurt out about me finally accepting my hidden feelings for our doe-eyed friend from the Applied Music Department.

“No, that’s not it.” I answered as calmly and as indifferently as possible. Jongin just shook his head and I smiled apologetically.

“Come on, it’s already 3:28. We’ll be late for last class.”

I didn’t realize that Lay hyung and Minseok hyung were already by the door and were impatiently waiting for us to finish our little talk.

“Coming.” Jongin and I said in unison. We looked at each other and as soon as I saw that small smile showing on Jongin’s face, I knew I was forgiven.

 

The walk to next class was silent. No one spoke maybe because of exhaustion from the intensive dance lesson today. But I was thankful for the silence as it made me concentrated on planning how to talk to Lu Han hyung.

“Oh, it’s Lu Han hyung.”

With the mention of his name, my head snapped up to find those familiar doe eyes that could enthrall anyone in a second. It took me only five seconds to find Lu Han hyung amidst the mob of students around the hallway. His eyes were as sparkly as it is every time of the day but as he heard a familiar voice call out to him, his eyes just got brighter.

“Lu Han!” Minseok hyung waved at him and he waved back enthusiastically, a big smile plastered on his face.

He was about to walk towards us but as soon as my excited eyes met his enthusiastic ones, his smile soon faltered and he looked lost. He looked around, desperately looking for a hideout. Once he found one, he gave a quick wave of goodbye towards our direction and ran for his life.

I sighed and face palmed as I saw how Lu Han hyung was so anxious to get away from me.

Lay hyung and Minseok hyung could only look at each other in confusion.

“You really got hyung scared of you. What did you do?” Jongin whispered as we continued to walk.

“I don’t know.” I answered almost inaudibly. My will to go to class slowly weakened until the point where I found going to class today useless. I stopped on my tracks and announced, “I’m not going to class. See you later.”

Without giving them any moment to react, I turned around and sprinted towards the school park.

 

When I found my favorite spot empty as usual, I smiled and let my body collapse on the bench.

Today was a very stressful day, physically and mentally, so I allowed myself to slowly drift to sleep. But as my vision started to blur and my sense started to numb, a familiar sunshine-colored hair was right in front of me.

“Lu Han hyung…” I groggily called out. As if it really is Lu Han hyung in front of me.

I smiled at the thought of Lu Han hyung watching me sleep. I could not stop myself from reaching out and touching that soft, fluffy hair of my imaginary Lu Han. Wow. It feels so fluffy in my dream. Wonder how it feels like in re---

A squeak coming from my imaginary Lu Han had my eyes fluttering open and to my surprise, a pair of eyes I know perfectly well was staring straight at me. It was the real Lu Han… maybe.

“Hyung…” I hesitantly called.

“Se-Sehun… I-I… Uh… I have to go.” Lu Han was quickly standing up to make his escape once more. It was now or never.

“Hyung!” I quickly sat up and grabbed him by the wrist to prevent him from running away and it took all my strength just to make him stay. Where did all his strength come from?

“Hyung, stop fidgeting.” I pulled him and he ended up sitting beside me. His eyes were glued to the ground, avoiding any eye contact with me.

“Sehun, I really have to go. I have classes.” He complained.

“I have classes, too.” I said nonchalantly.

“What?” His head snapped up and he looked at me. “Sehun-ah, you know it’s not good to cut class. Let’s go back now, okay?

I looked at him and I realized his eyes were not filled with annoyance or nervousness as before, it was simply filled with worry.

“I’ll go back if you stop avoiding me.” I leaned closer to Lu Han who was suddenly shifting uncomfortably. He brought his gaze back to the floor before answering me, “I’m not avoiding you.”

“Hyung, you seriously think I would fall for that?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Honestly, I’m not. Can we just go back to class now?”

He was about to stand up when he realized I still had a strong grip on his wrist. He gave up and heaved a sigh. “What do you want, Sehun?”

“I want you to stop ignoring me.” I tried saying as manly as I could but it only ended up as a whine.

“Sehun-ah, you’re only making things complicated. I’m already trying to avoid getting on your nerves and now you ask me to stop ignoring you.” He lifted his gaze from the floor and looked at me seriously.

“Hyung, who told you that you’re getting on my nerves?” I shook his hand that I have been holding on to for quite some time now.

“As if your cold rejection wasn’t proof enough, you couldn’t even stay at the same table with me for just a few minutes.” His voice was laced with dejection.

“It’s not what you think.” I denied.

“Sehun, I know when my presence is not wanted. I’m not as clingy as you thought I was.”

The crestfallen look on Lu Han hyung’s usually luminous face had my heart twitching from pain.

“Hyung…” I began. “Seriously, you are not being a bother at all. I like how clingy you are and I would want it if it was me you were desperately clinging to and not my best friend who, by the way, was foolishly oblivious of your advances.”

With that said, Lu Han’s head slowly lifted and a small smile was beginning to betray the stern look on his eyes.

Since Lu Han hyung was still tongue-tied, I continued with my confession. “Hyung, I canceled our little trip to the bubble tea café because I was confused. My mind was constantly filled with images of you that I could not concentrate with dance classes. For days, I have been in own little train of thoughts with you on board. Then Chanyeol came and hit me straight in the face with his unusual words of wisdom today. I’ve be---”

Everything stopped. The world was like in a slow motion as I saw a stream of tears falling down on Lu Han hyung’s eyes. . What did I do?

“You didn’t do anything.” He said as he quickly wiped the tears that escaped from his eyes. Oops, did I just say that aloud?

“Hyung, I’m sorry for making you cry.”

“I’m not crying.” He denied though the evidence was on his hands.

“Hyung…” I trailed off as I tried to find the appropriate words to say at this moment.

“Sehun-ah…” I looked at Lu Han hyung and I was suddenly caught breathless as I saw that blinding smile of his once again. “Sehun-ah, did you just confessed your feelings for me now? Or was it all just a misunderstanding on my part?”

“Yes.” I looked down to hide the blush that was slowly creeping up to my face.

“Yes what? Yes, “I just confessed to you”? Or yes, “It was all a misunderstanding so get out of my life”? Which one is it?” He asked.

I hastily look back at him and shook my head frantically, not wanting him to misunderstand me once again.

“You could actually speak, you know?” He tilted his head and waited for my answer.

I groaned, too embarrassed to have to say those three words.

“Ilikeyou.” I said everything in a slur.

He understood though because his face suddenly turned red as a tomato and his mouth was hanging open.

“Hyung?” I started. “Do you like me, too? Or is it all just in my head?”

His mouth finally closed but it never opened again. I felt my face burning hot from the embarrassment that was about to come. Oh no, everything was a mistake. Lu Han likes Jongin, not me. Oh n---

“Will you let me cling onto you forever?”

That was all it took for me to fall deeper into the trap that was Lu Han.

I grinned and anxiously nodded in response. Lu Han hyung gave me one of his signature smiles. The smile he always flashed for Jongin. The smile he would soon show only to me. The smile that was filled with love and care.

I could not say that what we both feel now is love but one thing’s for sure, I wouldn’t mind taking this feelings up to the next level.

 

By the thought of taking things to the next level, an idea popped in my head. I smiled playfully at Lu Han hyung, earning a questioning look from him.

“Hyung, what do you say about cutting class with the gang and going to noraebang?” I put on my best puppy expressions, complete with the puppy ears and wagging tail.

“But Sehu--- Oh, what the hell. A day of cutting class wouldn’t kill us. Text the guys to meet up at the school entrance ASAP.”

 

And that’s where our blossoming love story started.

Cupid may have struck Lu Han hyung at the wrong time but I’m sure even his arrows weren’t that strong enough to have Lu Han hyung forever captivated by Jongin. Not when I was around.

 

 

 

A/N: Yes, I was finally able to finish yet another story. I'm not satisfied with the ending though~ But my head is just aching so much right now that this was all my brain could produce~
I do hope you had fun reading this, though~ And I hope you would take some time to read the Kaisoo sequel I'll be posting soon. ^.^

It has been a fruitful summer for me and I'm hoping my writing hobby continues even when I'm busy with school~ Writing and sharing my stories has been a fun experience for me. I may not be the best writer out there but I'm glad that I could get readers that enthusiastically read every update of mine and shout out their opinions and feels through comments~ <3<3<3
This is not yet goodbye so...

 

'Til next time guys~! <3
I so love you all~ I will reply to all comments tomorrow when I get back from school~ <3<3<3