I find out stuffs.

The Experiment

 THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME EVERYONE :D I love you so much *sobs* I know this isn't the best story, but I'm glad I gave it a try XD I actually managed to get 40 subscribers which is already an accomplishment LOL. It's more than what I ever hoped for... so thank you! I looked at everyone's accounts and checked out all your stories, for those who wrote any. To some of them I already subscribed, others I still have to look at XD You're really all amazing, I'm so glad to have readers like you <3 It seems a bit short but the story will have probably about 20 chapters? Idk ha ha. Here's an update, don't be shy and comment ;D btw didn't have time to spell check and stuff so... yeah XD have patience :P

As much as I was hoping to see a face that belonged to one of my friends, instead I was forced to look into the beady eyes of Dr. Kim, yet again. He survived my attack, but something about him changed. I don't think it was a physical change - he had no scars, as if the whole incident I caused never happened. However, his attitude towards me was different. He wasn't smiling anymore, not even in his usual, creepy smirking kind of way. His expression was serious and beyond evil. As if he was practically ready to kill me on the spot.

As he came in, the blonde boy followed him into the cell, shining his flashlight at me. It blinded me, so I looked away. Dr. Kim grabbed the flashlight and asked the boy to leave. He nodded and sent me a short emotionless glance before closing the door behind him.

Now I'm screwed.

Dr. Kim knelt down in front of me and grabbed my jaw, twisting my head to both sides while shining the light in my face. I squinted and tried to pull away, but it was a pointless battle. I was exhausted. He scoffed at me.

"You're a real monster, you know that?"

"You asked me," I mumbled. "You asked me to show you."

His hand twitched as if he was stopping himself from slapping me across the face.
"I didn't ask you to destroy every bit of information I've gathered in the past week," he snarled. "My notes, gone. My computer, gone. And we can't get electricity until someone comes down from the city to fix things up here. And we're in the middle of nowhere, darling. It will take forever."

I couldn't figure out why he was telling me all this - wouldn't he rather lie to me? Or maybe he was? Was he trying to put a false sense of hope in me? Because it was definitely working. Despite the situation, I couldn't help but feel somehow proud. No electricity meant no live cameras footage from the mansion to the ranch house.
"This," he pulled something out of his pocket and shone the light on it. My eyes grew. He was holding a small, black ball. "What is it?"
Crap. He must have gotten hold of it while I was unconscious. No wonder I feel so tired. My powers are sure as hell weaker without the marble on me.
"A gift," I lied. "From my mom. I got it a long time ago."
I didn't bother asking him to give it back. He'd obviously suspect it was something more important.
"So I can just toss it out, then?" he asked.

"I'd prefer it if you didn't," I growled. "It was a gift, after all. It's the only piece of her that I have right now."

"Doesn't matter. You do know you're not going to live much longer anyway, don't you?"
I forced a gulp. Suddenly my throat felt even dryer and my heartbeat sped up. I was panicking.
"What will you do to me?" I asked. Even with fear obvious on my face, there was no amusement dancing in the doctor's eyes. He must have been really pissed off at me. All I could see was hatred.
"If you turn out useless, get rid of you. If you help out, we'll consider using you."

"What can I do?" I groaned. He raised the marble to my eye level.

"Do the others have these too?" he whispered.

"No!" I said automatically. "I told you, it's a gift from..."

"Cut the crap, kid," he growled. "I know what this is. And I honestly doubt that you'd be the only one in the possession of this marble. If you have it, the others most likely do too."

"If you won't listen to me, why ask the questions?" I mumbled. He frowned.

"I was hoping you'd cooperate."

"I'd like to, really. But you're kind of threatening me every minute and treating me like crap."
He stood up.
"I'll be going now, to inspect your so-called friends. I saw them earlier. They're already awake. You know they didn't even ask about you?" he smirked coldly - a smile that didn't even reach his eyes. He his heel and left the cell. In came the masked blonde boy, with a tray of food in his hand. As if on cue, my stomach let out a loud rumble, but I could barely feel it.
So the guys are okay. They're awake and breathing and hopefully in the castle, where it's comfortable and safe, to a certain extent. That means that their health check-up must have gone well. I exhaled in relief, before it hit me.

They didn't even ask about you.

I don't think they were fooling me with all that teamwork stuff. I think they really wanted to work with me. So why would they act like they didn't care about me being part of their escape group? Wouldn't pretending like they didn't care make the scientists only more suspicious of us?
Unless.
They actually didn't want me back.
I could actually think of a couple of reasons for that. I was a bit annoying sometimes. I did things on my own while they always told each other everything. It made me seem like I could betray them at any moment, like I wasn't meant to work in groups. On top of all that, I just destroyed half the ranch house.
Speaking of which, if the cameras weren't working, escape should be easier for them now. Unless Dr. Kim had them strapped to the wall somewhere else, they could just walk out through the huge gate, and take the road along the forest to the nearest city. That is, if they weren't caught before they reached it. But they wouldn't run without me, would they?
"Do I really that much?" I blurted out unconsciously. The blonde boy in front of me froze with a spoonful of soup halfway toward my mouth. I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed him sitting right in front of me.
"Oh. Hi," I said. He nodded and moved the spoon closer to my mouth. I hesitated, but he eyed me pleadingly. I wasn't sure if it meant,
Please eat, I don't want you to die, or Please eat, or they'll kill me if you starve. Knowing that the doctors probably didn't care whether I ate or not, I assumed it was the first one, in which case I swallowed the food. He fed me the soup silently, then broke off little pieces of bread. I sighed at the dry substance in my mouth. In the castle, we were given various ingredients to make all sorts of healthy meals, as well as plenty of snacks, and here I was treated like some kind of a prisoner. So not fair.
I scowled at the boy. He avoided eye contact with me now, as if knowing that I would take my anger out on him if we dared start any sort of a conversation. But he probably wouldn't even talk to me - the mask must have been covering his mouth for a reason.

That boy was the only person I saw for the next two days. He would come in every so often to feed me, and several times I tried talking to him - asking about the boys, about him, about the weather,
anything - but he would ignore me, feed me, give me an apologetic look, then leave. One time I asked for his name, and he wrote it down on the dusty ground - Daehyun. Then, he erased it and ran away, scared to get caught socializing with a prisoner. Every once in a while two men would come in and lead me to the restroom, but I lost any will to do my business when they wouldn't allow me to enter by myself. They had to keep watch on me all the time, afraid that the moment I cup my hands together, the whole freaking building will cease to exist.

I couldn't tell which time I already asked him this, but the moment the door opened to my cell, I yelled out the same question again, "Daehyun! How are they?! Did you see them?! Are they safe?!" I knew he wouldn't answer, but I was desperate. The guys were my only chance of surviving - in fact, I wasn't sure why the doctor didn't kill me yet. Plus, I didn't want them to get hurt. I couldn't accept defeat in any form, and having a single one of my friends lose their life was close enough to the psychotic scientists winning.

"Answer me, please," I croaked out as he hastily walked to my side and placed the tray on the ground. I looked at him sadly. "Hey... did you change your hair?" His mask and his clothes remained the same throughout the days, but all of a sudden his hair wasn't bleach-blonde anymore. You'd think it's weird to ask my kidnappers' slave something so trivial, but I couldn't hold back my curiosity. After all, I couldn't exactly imagine this cowardly and quiet boy taking one of the scientists' car and going to town to buy some hair dye. I also couldn't come up with a reason why he'd want to die his hair at all. It's not like there was anyone around who cared about his appearance. Much like most of the aliens here were males, so were the scientists. I actually couldn't remember seeing a single woman here yet.
The boy looked me in the eyes and I gulped. There was something different about them. If I didn't know better, I'd think he was a completely different person. If I thought that was weird, his next action was completely astounding. He pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked my handcuffs. My hands fell to the ground with a thud. He grabbed one of them and hauled me up to a standing position.
"Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor," I said slowly. "Not that I'm complaining, but why exactly did you do that?"

He rolled his eyes, still holding my hand. With his free hand, he grabbed the mask and pulled it down from his face.
"D-D.O.?!"