Hello, prison.

The Experiment

 This chapter is a bit short, but I finally have some sort of a plan to go along with XD sooo, it might get a bit better. Thanks for sticking around :P I really love the comments. Feedback in any form is always helpful :D

I cupped my hands together. When I pulled them back apart, a pitch-black orb appeared between them. My own personal black hole.

"Power of the Void," Dr. Kim smiled creepily. "Probably one of the most dangerous powers found, and most definitely the hardest to control. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have a difficult path before you," he told me. I gritted my teeth.

"I don't think you should be feeling sorry for me," I growled. "Considering that you'll be the one doing everything in your power to fill my path with obstacles."

"True that," he nodded calmly. "Well, Yang Romi. Are you going to show me anything else? What can you do?"

My eyes narrowed into little slits. I looked at him and noticed a pen in the chest pocket of his green suit. I mentally pulled the pen towards me, and my powers did the rest. The gravity of my black hole pulled the pen right out of his pocket and it sailed through the air, eventually getting into the orb. The pen disappeared forever, stretched into a million bits inside my orb.
"Hm, interesting," Dr. Kim jotted some notes down into his notebook. "You're capable of pulling objects that aren't entirely in your field of view. So I assume you'd be able to pull those glasses on the table behind me without them smashing into my head?" he challenged.

I'd like to smash the whole table into your head, I thought, but did as he asked. The glasses flew up and sailed around him, landing right between my hands, in the void.
"Not too bad. I say you have pretty good control over your powers."

I sighed in relief, but hid it with a cough.

"Well, obviously," I told him.

"What else can you move? Anything bigger? Heavier?" he asked. I scowled.

"Why does it matter? You already saw I have plenty of self-control. Just let me go."

He smirked.

"I'd like to see more. I'm very curious about you, Yang Romi."

Is he playing with me? I thought. This is taking much longer than the guys' tests...

Dr. Kim took a few steps towards me.

"Come on, Romi," he put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you scared? I thought you were braver than that. Just try killing something larger than a pen and a pair of glasses."

Killing. The way he said that made it seem like he was talking about a living creature. I looked at him with eyes wide open. His eyebrows were raised expectantly. I pushed him away from me.

"What the hell?! You want me to fight you?!"
"Well, you and your friends seemed to have no problem with threatening me earlier. And how were you planning to escape here, if not through battle anyway? I'm sure you don't have enough patience to wait until we discharge you on our own," he said.

He was provoking me, I knew it. But I still couldn't help but get angry. Because, unfortunately, he was right. I didn't have any patience left. It was unfair that we were stuck here in the first place, how could I possibly be considerate enough to not attack him? Most of the boys seemed to be handling it pretty well, but I wasn't the type of person to wait. I shouldn't have to. I couldn't. I didn't.

Rage flowing through me, I stretched me arms apart. The orb between my hands grew to the size of my torso. My furious eyes landed on the notebook in Dr. Kim's hands, and it flew out of his grasp, landing in the hole. It was shredded to tiny bits, and disappeared forever. Knowing all his notes were in there made me incredibly happy. I laughed out loud, and almost jumped at the sound. It didn't sound like my voice at all. The laugh was short, but maniacal, worthy of a criminal. Worthy of a freak. One by one, I started pulling in other things. The doctor's stethoscope, a phone, a bunch of books, and a whole bunch of things hopped off the furniture and flew in my direction. The black hole everything in, and I could feel myself grow even stronger and more confident with each feed.
Dr. Kim stood there for a moment, staring at me in disbelief. He soon snapped out of the trance though, and before I could even blink at him, everything turned black.

 

Did I go too far? Did he die? Did the whole house fall apart? Did I... did I get into my own power? Why is it so dark here?

I opened my eyes, but nothing felt different. It was completely black, all around me. My body lost all senses and I couldn't move- or if I was moving, I absolutely could not feel it. I didn't know if I was sitting up or lying down. I attempted moving my fingers, but couldn't touch anything. If I was still alive, then my whole body had gone completely numb. Panic rose in me and I swallowed my tears. What if I really did kill myself by accident? So much for self-control. What was I thinking? I couldn't possibly handle a void that large. I had seen everything around me getting pulled into the black orb, getting ripped to pieces. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened to me.

So is this what happens when you die?

I lay there, I don't know for how long. Maybe seconds, maybe days. All I could think was that I was dead. I managed to convince myself that that was the reason I couldn't feel anything. I would never see my mom again. I would never see the guys again. Hell, I probably screwed it up for all of them. The moment that thought hit me, I lost all hope.
 

I opened my eyes again. I must have fallen asleep - how else could I have woken up? But if I did fall asleep, didn't that mean I was still alive?

As if on cue, a bright light hit my eyes.

Hello, Heaven... or is it Hell?

It took over a minute for my eyes to adjust. Someone was standing in front of me - a boy with bleached hair. He was wearing a black mask over his face, covering his nose and mouth. I could only see his expressionless eyes.

I could see.

Hope returned to me as I saw the boy put down his flashlight. I couldn't move, as my body was still paralyzed, but I could see him picking me up and propping me against a wall. I was watching him in a sitting position, as he played around with something around my waist. I couldn't see what it is, until he stood up with a thick rope in his hand. So I had been tied up. He threw the rope back and picked up my arms to the sides. I didn't know what was happening. I tried to let out a sound, to say something, or encourage him to say something, but I couldn't. No sound came out of me. Finally, when he was done with my arms, he pulled out a syringe and titled my head up with his hand, then injected the liquid into my neck. In a split second, a wave of warmth spread through my body. I could suddenly feel the rough wall behind me, the thick metal around my wrists, handcuffing me to the wall. And then, as fast as the warmth came, it disappeared. I started shivering. The room was cold. I slowly turned my head, feeling shivers go down my spine with each twitch. I felt like I hadn't been able to move for years. I looked around. The room was basically like a prison cell, except there was nothing here. No bed, no toilet, nothing. Just a door left ajar, me handcuffed to the wall, and the masked boy in front of me. He was standing still, looking at me. Staring.
"W-who are you?" I tried to sound threatening. My voice sounded hoarse and came out more like a whimper than a threat, but it was enough to make him snap back into reality. He looked away, then slowly turned around and left, shutting the door behind him, and leaving me in the darkness again.

"Wait!" I called weakly, but of course, he was long gone. I sat there for some time, trying not to cry. I'm not scared. I'm not scared. I know what I'm capable of doing, and I am not scared. I kept telling myself these things, but of course they were all false. I was completely freaked out. Where did all my friends disappear to? Hell, where did I disappear to? Who was that blonde boy? I heard my stomach grumble in hunger, but I ignored it. What bothered me more were the handcuffs. They tore into my skin and burned my wrists. Why did I have to stay in this position? Oh, right. Because the moment my hands meet, this whole place and its contents might get into a black hole and ground into tiny molecules by an invisible gravitational force.
So this must be the cellar Dr. Kim was talking about earlier. And the fact that I was here could only mean that I was officially marked as one of the dangerous aliens that was unable to control her powers.
That's it, I thought. There's no way out of this. I can't go back in time. They'll kill me.

Just then, the door opened again.