WITH PAIN COMES GAIN?

COINCEDENTAL | FATE

 

'where are we heading to?' weve been walking for the last 15 minutes

'im taking you to the beach' he smiled, swinging our hands and then pointing to the beach infront of us.

'hmm...' stopped walking, let loose our hands and announced, 'lets have a race, who ever gets there last will have to buy....'i scanned the area for something to inspire me, 'ah! ice cream! over there~' i pointed to a small stall near the benches.

'okay~ easy~' clapping his hands he turned to get ready, 'are you ready?' after seeing me nod, he began, 'ready....set.....GO!'

we started sprinting like hell, its been a very long time since i exercised, i only do walking. my heart was pounding like a machine. my breaths were short and fast, the wind brushing through my hair and on my face. my legs felt as though they were too slow for my mind. slowing down, incase i fell on my face i checked to see where gikwang was at. he was slighlty infront of me until he broke out. he was letting me in the beginning, but as soon as he saw me slow down a bit it was too late for him to do the same, so he flew like an angel, and won. resting on the bench, he was panting and leaning forward, but kept his eyes on me. as soon as i saw him reach the bench, i had stopped running. it was only a few steps to get to him, so i took my time catching my breath.

'youre fast' i complimented pursing my lips

'what? you didnt possibly think that you were going to win did you?' he joked, eye smiling, chuckling a bit as he panted still.

i saw a few droplets of sweat sliding down his forehead, and i couldnt help but wipe them just before they slid any further down. 'wait here~...ill go get the ice cream' i smiled and headed for the stall.

-----

'so...tell me about your family' i asked. i felt a bit guilty ruining the peace between us as we silently watched the waves crash onto the rocks infront of us. 

looking down at me, even though we sat on the same large rock he sat on the taller end, i could see he was picking his memories. he looked back to the horizon. 'well, as you can see, i have a brother...'

'dujun' nodding once as i said his name, looking at him so he could continue.

'yes, dujun, and also a little sister back at home.' he tilted his head sideways so he could glance at me from the corner of his eyes, pretending to look at the sea but in fact he was searching for my reaction.

'ok-ay' i said slowly, 'you have a sister...continue~'

'well...its sorta a lame story...' he shrugged, trying to brush it off so it was my turn to talk.

'lame or not, i still want to hear...im very interested gikwang' i stared at him, sincerely. there was something about gikwang, he always kept that aspect of his life so private. its not like he was doing it on purpose but it felt as though, he felt something negative towards it.

sighing, he agreed, 'okay then, if you REALLY want to hear...' glaring at me once, then turning back to face the sea. he seemed like he was in his own world now. 'i dont know where to begin...i suppose ill start from the beginning then...when i was small, my family would always take holiday trips here. that was how i know a lot about this place. even when my mother passed away, we continued to come...it became kind of like a tradition.'

i wanted to say something at the time, but when he said it, he made it like he didnt mind anymore, and that he didnt want me to feel sorry, he continued without any pauses.

'she left us when we were young. it hurt us very much, but weve moved on, knowing that she lived a very fulfilling life and that she was always happy.' smiling widely, he said, 'everytime, my mother was always smiled and laughed. she was so...beautiful and amazing. she worked well with my dad because he is so uptight and business-like. it was really hard for him to let her go after that which made him an even more hard working businessman now. anyways, well, he owns his own business back home, a very stable and strong company. he wants my brother to become like him, but because dujun is very stubborn with his passion for food and cooking, my father let him do a little bit of his thing and make it more reliable and full of potential, hence, the restaurant in a five star hotel. he started the ideas for dujun, and now he owns a restaurant. now he is focusing on me now. its my turn. we came here to visit dujun, but it was mainly for me, so i can know how the whole system works and so i can learn from my brother....'

'do you know what you want to become though? i mean, your brother, hes a chef....what about you?' i was so absorbed into his story, his life which was so much more interesting than mine.

'well, thats the problem.' he sighed and lowered his head, 'i dont know.'

realising his frustration i let out a silent, 'oh.'

looking around and then finally at me, he said, 'weve been here long enough' and slowly stood up, 'lets go~ i still have one more place to take you to today~'

looking at him as he stood tall, i was suprised, again, 'oh really? ok~' i tried standing up, but my shoes were nothing against the algae on the rock surface. gikwang he held out his hand for me, but i told him to go first, there wasnt a lot of space on the the rock.

'becareful, gin. the rocks are slippery.' he warned eyeing my every move from a distance

'yes, i got it-woah!' i slipped and using my left hand to stop the fall, the rock cut me deep across the palm, 'oow~' 

'gin!' gikwang ran towards me, leaning on the closest rock, 'are you okay??' he looked so worried, his eyes were wide open and his jaw was slightly dropped. he was frowning.

'yeah...dont worry gikwang...im fine' pulling on a brave face to avoid seeing him frown, i gave him a grin.

as we walked, i felt something wierd on my left hand, observing it secretly incase something did happen. what he doesnt know and i didnt know before, was that my hand was bleeding like mad. the pain was getting stronger and my eyes started to water a bit as i looked down on the deep, red, cut. gikwang was wondering why i kept my head down the whole time, until he noticed what i was looking at.

'oh! youre bleeding gin!' he stopped abruptly and took out my hand, gently turning it over to look at the deep cut on my palm. sighing he kept his eyes on the cut, 'there is a convenience store here, well have to drop by to get some stuff.'

nodding, i tried to keep my tears from falling down, but two drops escaped.

'its okay, gin. just distract yourself so you wont focus on the pain.' he looked into my watery, red eyes so intensely that i had to look away after a few second. i keep it undercontrol, the pain was unbearable, but i didnt want him to worry too much. but when i saw so much care in stare it felt as if he blamed himself for me getting cut even though it had nothing to do with him. i slowly slid my left hand out of his to signal him to start walking, but i accidentally scrunched up my fist. a sharp pain shot through my hand and up my arm.

flinching i reflexed letting out a curse, 'shi-' but before i finished the word something pressed on my lips. it was soft and smooth. letting my arms flop, i stood there. as gikwang held me, one hand on my lower back, and the other on my neck, the pain began to fade. it was being replaced with pleasure and want. we continued kissing for what seemed like forever then moving back from the kiss, i felt his lips smile, they curved up as mine remained the same. moving his face away slowly, i opened my eyes and saw a content and relieved face.

'come on~ lets get you patched up~' he grabbed my un-injured hand and started jogging to the store.

-----

'this is going to hurt a bit' he looked at me face scrunched as he squatted on the floor in front of me.

'a bit?' i joked, trying to hide my fear. as soon as he wiped the cut with the sterilizer, i pressed my lips together hard, silently screaming inside.

'youre strong...' gikwang commented as he unwrapped the bandage and then started wrapping my hand, 'if this were to happen to me, i might have died...' pausing to wait for me to react, then began chuckling at his own joke.

i couldnt help but laugh along, his joke wasnt at all funny, but the way he found it funny, was cute.

'thank you gikwang~' i tried to look for his eyes, but he was so focused on wrapping my hand perfectly, he kept asking, 'is this too tight? does it hurt?' i had to thank him again.

'its alright~ as long as youre okay' he finally looked up, and smiled again, 'yeap were done!'  stretching as he stood up and deciding to sat down next to me when he saw that i was still burying the pain.

i observed his work nodding, while he opened the bottle of water, taking a huge gulp, he put it in my face, 'have some and afterwards, ill take you to that place i wanted to take you to~'

i drank and followed him obediently on the left.

as we walked in silence, the sun began to set, creating this beautiful purple, blue and green light. there were more and more people now since we were closer to the main central area. i had to dodge a few people here and there as they bustled past and out of nowhere gikwang grabbed my right hand with his left and moved me across to his right, holding my left hand carefully and gently.

i looked at him curious to why he did that since it was my injured hand and in response he stopped to face me eye-smiling sweetly, 'im worried that other people might run or bang into your hand, so it best that i hold it so its safe~' once he finished talking he blushed a little and then turned to start walking again.

'okay~' i answered, there was really nothing else i could say, plus i couldnt stop smiling. why is he so sweet?

'here we are~' he stopped us infront of this grand entrance, 'the is the most popular shopping mall here~'

i looked up to find the highest level of this building, and i literally had to tilt my head back. it was around 25 or more levels.

'wow~ its big and so modern and new~' i gasped out loud

'yes~ it has tonnes of labels from louis vuitton to streetwear labels and also other small brands with high quality but low prices' he chuckled, 'i saw it on the ad' shrugging he led us in.

'wait gikwang...' i pulled him aside

'what is it?'

'i think its best that you shop yours and ill shop mine....we can choose a place to meet and what time....' i side smiled when he looked at me confused.

'okay then...well meet here at 6:30...is that enough time?'

'yeap~ i dont buy much anyways...so ill see you later?'

'ok~'

we parted and went to the levels which sold the things we were interested in, but before i look for things myself, i had a plan. the plan to secretly follow gikwang. i wanted to buy something for him, and i didnt know what, so right now would be the perfect time to create a to buy list. walking back to where we separated, i saw him going up the escalator. keeping a comfortable and safe distance, i was in spy-mode.