FIRST MEETING

COINCEDENTAL | FATE

its the holidays and i've got nothing to do at all...my sister has been nagging me to make use of this 3 month vacation and do something productive and fun...but all i can think about is how i have absolutely no friends and no car, therefore how can i possibly have fun?


the next day my 21 year old cousin who is a successful interior designer and even has her own company called me and asked me if i wanted to go with her to this place to enjoy the out-of-home life, so i thought why not? i get to leave my ever nagging sister, enjoy a new environment and feel what its like to be a designer...i accepted the offer~

we arrived at the fancy, modern, scandinavian styled hotel, somewhat 30 storeys~ not only was the hotel amazing, this whole entire place was wonderful, the clean brick roads separated with garden islands decorated with tall palm trees...the hotel was next to the sea~ a shining, green blue, wide spread beach...i felt like i was in those movies where you feel like a billionaire or something...

my cousin booked two separate rooms next to each other because she said she might be working late at night so she wouldnt want to bother me and that she could also keep an eye on me~ it was good anyways...i'm person who likes to be alone, smothered in their own peace and quietness~ by the time i finished setting up my room, unpacking my pile of holiday clothing, which were just practically t-shirts, jeans and some skirts and dresses and some hygiene stuff then setting them perfectly where they belong, it was already lunch time. i headed out the door towards the elevator, recalling the information my cousin told me before we separated, 'meet me at the japanese restaurant on the 3rd floor'...while waiting in the elevator for the number 12 to turn to 3, i started thinking randomly, why is it that i have no motivation in my life, i have no goal or dreams...i feel like im missing something in my life...a certain aspect but i dont know what...still busy pondering i forgot that the i had already arrived on level 3 and that the elevator door was waiting for me to exit, i recieved a text from my sister asking whether i was okay, be good and to have fun, this was like her 100th reminder...i walked out, trying to come up with a good reply to stop her nagging again, i texted her my finalised reassurance. after walking down the hall, i automatically turned left towards the busy noise coming from the restaurant but before i knew it i walked into someone walking out from the other elevator...as i watched my phone slip from my hand and fall onto the tiled ground, scattering into 2 pieces, i swore under my breath~ i would totally understand that it broke, it was 6 years old for goodness sakes! i looked up to quickly apologise and saw a shocked yet somehow extremely handsome, pretty face...he had wide big eyes and a perfect nose, not those very slim european noses but a bold kind of nose...i dont know how to explain it, but it was-- wait~ what was l thinking?? i should be focused on apologising and leaving! shaking my head to relieve the unnecessary thoughts i heard him apologise, a husky sweet voice, 'im so sorry~ are you okay? are you hurt? oh, no, your phone...' i followed his gaze down to the sorry looking phone.

he bent down to pick up the pieces and handed them to me, with his head slightly bowed i saw his thick lips move promising that he will buy me a new phone...'a new phone?' i thought to myself...wow, this person is very kind~

'oh, no...really, its okay, it was my fault i should have watched where i was going' an awkward smile was all that my face could come up with as i looked into his deep brown eyes, i was frozen for a few seconds, but at the time it felt like minutes...his smile, his lips, his skin, his warmth...i took back my broken old phone and looked up to see him pondering, hands in pockets, he looked as though he was in another place. remembering my cousin, who was probably wondering what happened to me, i broke the silence, interrupting his deep thoughts and told him that i had to go, 'sorry again, but my cousin is waiting for me~'

he nodded and smiled this wide, adorable eye-smile, a smile which it could be admire for years and years...but i couldnt, not now, i wouldnt want to make my cousin late for her first appointment with her client. i walked off clenching my crappy phone and tried to keep my mind from further thinking about him, fantasizing about this random stranger i hardly know...what i never told him was i actually have another phone. yes. i carry two phones. one specifically for my friends, the other, for family. wierd i know~

i scanned the restaurant and saw the back of my cousin, she had already sat at a table and was digging into her healthy salad. my cousin was very stylish and independent. this kind, pretty, smart, capable woman, how could a man resist her charms?? i walked passed her seat and sat down opposite her...'sorry~ something happened on the way here' i shrugged, but to avoid her from asking what, i continued while opening up the menu, 'anyways, do you know whats good on the menu??'

she looked at me smiled and answered, 'well, lets just ask the owner shall we? sir!' she waved her hand at this tall, slim, well dressed chef who quickly looked up from his dish somewhat interrupted with a facial expression which looked quite familiar. wiping his hands on his apron he walked towards us smiling, a smile which also looked familiar...

'hello ladies, may i help you?' he bowed, as i looked at him i was suprised to find him quite young, and good looking, around twenties definitely, similar to my cousin. i spotted his name tag, Doojoon...hmmm not a bad name~

'well, i was wondering what would you recommend my cousin here to eat?' my cousin smiling back at me

'hmm, i would recommend the black sesame sauce noodle' he responded nodding. i think he would be a perfect match for my cousin, though she is kind and outgoing, she can be very serious, a perfectionist to every detail, you can see from the way she dresses, but this guy, though he may be a perfectionist with his work, he looks quite casual, and leaderlike and bad boy, something good to balance with my cousin maybe~

'okay then, we'll have one of that, thank you~' she took my menu and handed to him, he smiled again and headed back to the kitchen

as i got comfortable in my chair, i saw a figure walking in through the entrance, it took me till now to notice what he was wearing, the nice phone guy, i mean...he wore a grey jacket which was paired with simple baggy jeans and inside he wore a white shirt with the top buttons ed and you could see his white singlet underneath. very fashionable, very attractive.

he walked towards a table near the window where a man and a little girl waited and he sat down, greeting them...how can someone be so charismatic and handsome, this was the first time ever in my life where i realised that im looking at my ideal type of guy...everytime when we talk about the all aspect on guys and relationships, my schoolmates always say how im so picky, and that its impossible to find someone like your ideal...i persisted with my hope, that one day i WILL find him, but later on, after years and years of waiting and hope, i slowly gave up and sunk into the 'truth' those people said...i never thought i would have found him...until now. but it took me atleast 10 minutes to finally acknowledge and figure out that he is right here, right now, my ideal guy. of course i dont know his personality, but i had a knack of figuring it out by watching the way people talk to friends, to family, the way they move, the way they behave, their expressions, all that...and from my analysis so far from the last 10 minutes on the boy, he is perfect, atleast 85% of what i would deem as my ideal and let me tell you 80% is VERY good and if that is not convincing enough, all the guys ive ever seen in my life would have been a rating of 30-40%...now you know.

as i sat there staring at him converse with what seemed like his family, i never noticed that my lunch had already been placed infront of me...i only noticed the boy looking at me, and also his father? why is his father staring at my direction? what i didnt know what that the man was looking towards me, but not me...he was looking at the chef who, after placing my lunch, walked towards the family...i didnt care though, i only cared about him, the one who was looking straight AT me, though sympathetic still, probably because of the incident this morning, i see curiosity and a slight smile in his eyes. i felt my cheeks burn up but i couldnt turn away, until my cousin told me that it was time for her to leave and whether if im alright hanging alone today...i turned slowly towards her, but still keeping my eyes on him until the final second i ened up looking into my cousin's wide eyes...she was still waiting for my response...'oh~ umm yeah~ sure, ill be fine' i quickly nodded and smiled, a few seconds later she was out of sight and i was sitting alone.