PROXIMITY

COINCEDENTAL | FATE

i woke up face down on my bed, to the sound of a bird calling outside my window. i was tired and i felt violent. violent thoughts always pop up into my head everytime my beautiful sleep is interrupted. one thing i CAN NOT stand, be annoyed up. as my mind filled with violent acts to what i should do to the bird to shut it up. i turned around to face the ceiling and was suddenly calmed by the sun beaming in and filling the room with warm light. it was fresh, and energising. flipping the duvet and rolling out of bed, i hovered to the bathroom, eyes barely open. i saw something white under the door to my room. gliding over i picked up the piece of paper and opened it. it read:


hey cuz~ 
by the time you read this ill be out already...
look after yourself~ eat well, i dont think ill be seeing you today for dinner...
ill call you if there are any change of plans
btw i phoned your sister, she was spazzy~ did you forget to call her? it doesnt matter now, i told her youve been very busy helping me out ;]
love you~ Z

groaning as i remembered that i forgot to reply my sister since her last text, i slumped to the bathroom to clean up. as i brushed i realised i also forgot something else but i still couldnt quite grasp it. halfway through gurgling i suddenly remembered but it was too late because of the sudden reaction i had as the info popped into my head. as i looked at the mirror, water and bubbles were squirted all over from the water i had in my mouth. i forgot to reply gikwang. it isnt a big deal, but i suppose the thought of gikwang and forgetting about him made me giddy. frozen for a while i couldnt help but to burst out laughing. finally after casually wiping down the mirror i searched for my new phone.

'right...should i text back? or should i call?' talking to myself as i over analysed, i began to pro and con, 'if i text him, it would seem a bit too rude, but then i wouldnt really be bothering him. if i call him, he could hear how happy i am about the phone, but then it might be awkward because ive got nothing much to say.' sighing then falling back onto the bed i decided to text him.

-start- hey gikwang its gin...THANK SO MUCH FOR THE PHONE! i love it really much~ :D -end-

another fact about me? i completely at showing my feelings. avoiding hesitation or rereading it and editing it over and over again, i quickly pressed SEND but then i began to freak out a little because i didnt remember if i checked it for spelling errors. sighing as a sign that i had completely given up, i threw on a worn out blue and white striped tee and dark blue skinnies and headed out the door to go to the breakfast bar downstairs, but before i touched the door something in my pocket was vibrating.

'um...hello?' i fumbled at the mobile, realising it was a call.

a smooth husky voice was on the other end, 'hey, i got your text...'

'gikwang?'

'haha yes~' i could hear him smiling, 'anyways...are you busy today?'

'um, no. not really'

'okay then, ill come over to your room. see ya~'

processing what he just said, i didnt know how to reply until i fully realised what was happening i stuttered, 'n-now?' but it was too late, he hung up on me already. 'aigoo~'

look down at myself and realised that the clothes i was wearing wasnt meant for guys like him to see. oh well, he is only dropping by for a few seconds probably.

not before long i heard a knock on the door. my head flicked up as my heart fluttered.

'hi-yeum~' i looked at a familiar face, crescent eyes and an adorable wide smile.

'hi~' i couldnt help but to smile back. his presence was so comforting and it felt as though i was seeing my boyfriend for the first time since hes been away or something.

'come on~ let me take you out for brunch'

'brunch?' i looked at the clock, it was already 11:30am

'yeah~' he put his hands in his pockets, 'did you just eat?'

i felt bad when i saw him pout so i replied, 'more like i just woke up, heh heh' laughing sheepishly i walked out and locked the door. the truth was, i was starving. as we waited in the elevator i couldnt help but ask, 'so...what did you do yesterday?' not wanting to face him incase he thought i was being a bit too nosy. i saw him turn his head at an angle towards me, stare and then smile.

'nothing much. i was in my room for the first half of the day and then i went to help out my brother...'

'dujun?'

'yeap~ it was quite fun working with him in the kitchen'

'you know how to cook?' i asked as we walked out into corridor, he was walking abit too fast.

'hehe of course!....well not exactly, compared with dujun, but im getting better. the basics i know though' he stopped and thought for a moment. it was cute. you could obviously see that he was thinking through the techniques he knew of, his expressions showed everything. as i chuckled he looked at me puzzled as i approached him.

'so where are we gonna eat gikwang?'

'follow me~!' he nodded his head towards the exit of the hotel.

the weather was really nice. no clouds in sight. a wide blue sky and lit up by sun which didnt burn. it was a cool, a balance between wind and heat. we walked slowly under the palm trees on the bricked pathway opposite the beach. i looked around, this town looked very new and there were hardly any people.

from the corner of my eye, i looked to see what gikwang was doing beside me. he was so focused looking straight, i wanted to say something but i didnt know what. opening my mouth then shutting it i felt like i was a fish gasping for air. imagining what i may have looked like i couldnt help but giggle. gikwang shot me another one of his confused look, but he was smiling.

'what?' i asked, 'find something amusing?' i blushed a little.

'no. nothing. for a second i thought you knew what i was thinking. haha' he quickened his pace

'what do you mean?' he got me. i was curious.

'oh, nothing really.' he bobbed his head slowly left and right, making that face which says, not telling, written all over it

'what ever...~!' i punched his arm and giggled. then realising what i just did i began my power walk into a jog.ohmygosh~ why did i punch his arm? and then giggle?! did he think i was flirting with him? gosh gin! you NEVER giggle, its so girly and....*sigh~

'hey~! wait up! we're nearly there by the way~!' i heard gikwang shout behind me running to catch up to me. i halted to a stop and found myself standing outside a little shop. looking up i saw the sign, PASTA-RELLA.

cute. i thought. the store was painted yellow with decorations of sea blue, and coral pink. very beachy and bright like those vintage store. taking in the smell of a mix of pasta sauces and strong herb smells as gikwang swung open the door, he waited for me to enter first as he ducked his head around to check if there were any seats. i entered to a small figured girl who had the sweetest smile. she was probably around my age, but she look so innocent and tiny.

'table for two?' she asked in cute voice

gikwang brushed up behind me, standing a bit too close. i could feel him nod beside my head as his heat passed through our two layers of fabric. his sweet and delicious smell escaping from his skin. the walk and short run under the sun made him sweat a little and that just made his smell even stronger, even more luring.

'this way please.' the girl directed, never dropping the wide smile from her face.

confused and slightly dizzy from the sudden smells coming at me from all around, i felt a slight push on my lower back. gikwang was gently pushing me forward, turning around to look at him. his eyes was trained at the girl who was standing beside our table waiting for us. realising that i should be following her, i quickly glided over, sitting down where she directed me. the girl handed out the menus as gikwang sat opposite me in the booth. wanting to forget about my previous 'girly thing' and 'lostness', i began glaring at the menu, scanning through every single dish to avoid gikwang and the girls eyes. ive never been like that before, so i never really knew how to deal with it. im so used to being alone that when i do random things, i dont care because people arent watching. the close proximity that gikwang has managed to build made me a little uncomfortable...not really uncomfortable but...more like im trying to control myself from doing something that i should only keep in my head.

'hmm...' i heard gikwang think aloud, 'there is so many? hmm...what to have?' keeping my head down but peeking up, i saw him pout. i really couldnt help but smile, how could such a cute adorable face have such a manly yet, i have to admit, y figure? snickering i looked back down at my menu as i saw gikwang head flick up to look at me confused. a few minutes later the girl came back.

'so...what will it be that you're ording today?' the girl smiled at me and then turned her body slightly to face gikwang.

the girl was cute, sure, she was pretty, but you cant help but feel a bit of competition from her. the way she looks at me, all smiley, but you could see the hidden daggers in her eyes. the candy topped, pink DAGGERS. im used to this, from girls like her. fake. i just simply ignore them because they arent worth it. but why do i feel a tinge of jealousy? i mean when gikwang looks at her? but why should i care? gikwang and i are only friends...weve only met a few days for goodness sake! sighing as i got annoyed at myself for caring so much i whispered, 'why do i even bother?'

'gin?' gikwang looked at me puzzled like i answered his question but answered it wierdly.

'huh?'

'what are you going to order?' he lifted his eyebrows, jaw slightly dropped and opened his eyes wide as if it helped him see what i was thinking about.

'oh! um right...ill just have the macaroni and cheese with bacon thanks.' i randomly pointed at a dish on the menu, shut it a bit too loudly and handed it to the girl. i could see her shake her head a bit but she quickly stopped as gikwang looked up at her, smiled and said thanks.

i could tell that he wanted to know what was all that was, since he kept fiddling with his watch and playing around with his cup, 'are you okay?' he finally asked sighing. he looked scared to ask but also relieved that he got it out.

'um...i dunno...i just havent come out with people, you know, other than family before. and when i do im normally all composed and cool...i dunno what happened to me today' i side smiled and shrugged, trying to laugh it off because for starters, i never told anyone about my composed side and my clumsy side and secondly it was getting a bit too awkward.

'aigoo~' gikwang chuckled, 'its okay!! im like that too sometimes heh heh' he clapped twice, 'you dont need to worry about being slow, clumsy, dorky or whatever infront of me. i find it actually quite cute...' he whispered the last part while putting his hands together on the table and continued, 'not everyone is perfect....' he wasnt looking at me anymore, it seemed as though he was in another space, looking at something that was floating above my head. after a few seconds of silence he began talking again, 'anyways, your personality is very interesting' he stared at me smiling, but you could see he was searching for something in my eyes.

'oh~ thank you. youre not bad yourself' you are perfect, but i couldnt tell him that, i dont even know for sure if he really WAS perfect, but the feeling i get when im with him its never happened to me before.

'what was it that you were thinking about before?' i asked him, referring back to pre the whole 'girly thing'.

'oh' he stared at me, trying to script what he was going to say next. 'well...i was planning on asking you how long you are staying here.'

'im staying for two weeks,' i quickly answered so he could continue.

'oh. well. um. heh heh. its actually nothing really....i was just thinking that if you are staying here for a while and have nothing much to do, we could hang out everyday.' he looked at me cautiously and quickly added, 'that is IF you want, and if youre not busy.' i saw his cheeks go pink.

'haha sure! no problem. i actually have nothing to do since my cousin is too busy and i dont want to bother her at work.' i smiled, so happy with what he said.

'good. i know a few great places that would be a pity if we dont go together.' together. my heart stopped a beat and fluttered as i heard him say this word.

'oh. um. yes. sure. okay' i responded, taken aback with all the fantasies that played through my head. him taking me to a quiet, beautiful spot somewhere in this town. as the buildings light up the view while teh sun sets. sitting in the cinema watching movies, laughing and joking around. people watching. food booth tasting. playing a few rounds of sports and games.

'im sorry, to interupt, but here are your orders.' the girl shoved the bowls in between gikwang and me, as i realised weve been staring into each others eyes. somewhat irritated but thankful since because i was slightly blushing. i recalled staring into his liquid brown eyes which were so deep. they you right in to a place where you feel its only you and him, a private yet open space. the desire. the want. the need. the happiness. like the holes in your soul and heart have been filled while looking into those beautiful eyes. clearing my throat i gestured to him to start eating. the whole time, we exchanged small histories, recent stories, likes and dislikes, relationships and short longing stares which were often cut even shorter by the other because it was getting too strong.

we spent two hours in the restaurant enjoying each others company.

'to tell the truth,' he leaned towards me, arms crossed on the table, 'its been a while since ive talked to a girl like this' then he tilted his head to right and smiled.

nodding, i told him, 'to tell the truth, ive NEVER talked to a guy like this...'

chuckling he took out a few bills from his wallet and stood up, 'come on~ lets go~ ill take you somewhere....' holding out his hand as he stood beside my chair, i took it happily and he led us towards the door, straight passed the girl who was leaning against the counter giving him flirty glances. he smiled at her and then waved using our hands. as soon as she saw that he was holding my hand comfortably and also his emphasis, which actually didnt mean anything in reality because we both knew we werent in THAT kind of relationship, she scoffed and turned her back towards us. chuckling again gikwang opened the door, as i stepped out, he released my hand, to let me take in the wash of fresh smells from the sea and sun.

closing my eyes to clear out the past memories that resurfaced in our discussion before, and the crazy herb smells from inside the pasta-rella, i heard him say as he stepped beside me, 'you feel better?'

i nodded finally opening my eyes, turning to look at him and grinned. just as i was about to start walking i felt something hold my hand. looking down i saw my hand intertwined with another. shocked i flicked my head up to see who it belonged to.

'our hands seem to fit perfectly' the husky voice sounded both, suprised and relieved. his eyes hidden behind two crescents which were curved so sweetly, matched with a brilliant wide smile showing his perfect little teeth. heating up a little, i tried to pull my hand away as i said yeah, but instead he squeezed my hand holding it tightly and started walking.

'oh~! wait, but my hands are getting sweaty!' i blurted, then feeling like an idiot, groaning as he pulled me behind him. all i recieved was a loud hearty laugh. the kind that made you feel like you did something dorky but also made you feel alright and reassured that it was okay. catching up to his pace, i walked next to him, keeping a slight distance between us. but the longer we walked like this, the more i realisedthe separation line between our bodies was getting smaller and smaller, until our arms were brushing against our bodies as we swung them. for that one moment, it felt so good. the kind of good that cannot be imagined or described. the kind of feeling that makes you want to hug him. grab him and kiss him. yet you have to restrain yourself because you dont want this moment to end. even though it was for a few minutes, i already feel as though his hand WAS a missing piece to mine. like a lock and key. he was right. our hands did fit perfectly.