ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER

COINCEDENTAL | FATE

ever since this morning with the whole escape attempt from the room, i never saw gikwang for the rest of the day. sitting on my bed with the tv on, i began to do what girls would do when they found a crush. squeal silently and giggle. after pigging out this morning on bacon and eggs, which i have to say was delicious. we headed over to her temporary office. nothing much happened, well nothing much happened for me. i just sat in her room, looking at her client and her go over swatches of fabrics, colours and organising layouts. though it was interesting watching her do what she does. i was seriouisly bored to death. it wasnt like i could join in and start giving advice, which the client really needed. he seemed so out of it, choosing odd colours and all that. he was lucky he hired my cousin for sure. afterwards we had a break, my cousin and i started talking about her life, then my life and how maybe i should just do what ever i want during this holiday instead of following her. after us both agreeing, we headed back to the office again. afterwards i couldnt really remember much because i fell asleep for 3 hours, got woken up by my cousin and then sent back to the hotel via taxi. ive been in my room for the past few hours just blankly staring at the tv screen because i was too busy fantasizing. above the giggling, silent squealing and random flinches, i heard my stomache begin to grumble. looking at the clock beside my bed i saw it was 7pm already. time to put fantasizing to rest and call for some room service. i have never in my life ordered food from the room and had it brought over so i was keen to try.


ring~ring~


'hello~ this is sandy from room service, how may i help you?' the lady greeted

'um...i was wondering what do you have for dinner tonight?' i was really unsure if this was how you ordered

'yes, miss, if you look in the drawer on your bedside table you can find a menu inside'

following her instructions i pulled out a little menu, observing it quickly because i didnt want her to wait, and i couldnt be bothered calling again, 'ill just have the steak sandwich, chips and a scoop of chocolate ice cream thanks'

'no problem, miss, it will be brought up to you in 20 minutes'

'thank you' i hung up. now in pain from hunger, i laid down, the ceiling was pretty. i never noticed the detailed patterns on it. well obviously since this time was the first time i laid down on this bed. my mind slowly drifted back to last night, to him.

ding~dong~

'wow, that was a bit too fast~' i commented, muting the tv and jumping off the bed. as i looked through the peep hole i didnt see anyone, 'it is one of those lame dorr tricks again?' sighing i opened the door just in case. looking left and right i saw nobody, but just as i was about to close the door, i saw a small wrapped box on the floor near my feet. picking it up and looking around one last time, i closed the door and sat back on the bed. the wrapper was dark blue, like a midnight deep blue and it was decorated with a shiny silver ribbon. no card, no note. 'i hope its not a bomb' i said chuckling to myself. i always have horrible humour when i was hungry. carefully untieing the ribbon and stripping the box i found that it was a phone package. on the package i saw that it was a new nokia slide phone. black. frozen for a good 5 minutes i opened it. it was beautiful. it was sleek and shiny like a brand new car. how did this person know i liked slide phones?

'wait....wait a minute....maybe they sent this to the wrong room, and i opened it! oh no!' i stopped for a second to think, 'or...could it be? from gikwang?' 

i recalling the phone incident from yesterday...


he bent down to pick up the pieces...and then handed them to me, with his head slightly bowed i saw his thick lips move, 'i promise i will buy you a new phone~ please forgive me....'  

i would have thought he wouldnt have since i told him not to. sighing, i took out the sim card i saved from my bag and inserted in into the slide phone. as it i began looking through the functions, getting to know how it works and what it could do when i saw a message in the drafts folder.

-start- hey gin~ i promised you that i would buy you a new phone so here it is! i hope you like it. this phone reminded me of you. it looked cool and stylish so i bought it. text me after you read this or you can cal me :] -end-

smiling i looked through the contact information, 'i hope he stored his number in here, or else how am i going to call him?' great. now im talking to myself. scrolling down i saw his name, Lee Gikwang.

i replied back to him, thinking through what i should say, but i just sat there. there were too many things i wanted to say, but then i didnt want to sound like an idiot. this reply is going to take a while to create. before i could start someone was at the door again, thinking it was gikwang, i rushed to open the door.

'room service' a guy smiled. slightly disappointed that it wasnt gikwang but this guy was surprisingly cute but i could only come up with a, hi. i couldnt really tell if he was a around my age or younger.

'you ordered the steak sandwich, chips and chocolate ice cream right?' the guy asked

'um...yes! i did, here' i opened the door wider, 'bring it in' i recovered my breath.

as he parked the trolley table he turned around, 'you know, i looove the ice cream here. you were smart to order it you know? hehe' the guy smiled again tilting his head to the right.

'im yoseob' he held out his hands which were atleast bigger than his small round face.

'er...im gin' i replied shaking his hand.

'im sorry, i just started working here for a few weeks. it quite exciting you know! today it the first day i start room service, ive been training, studying and then working in the kitchen. but now its my turn to do room service, i have to say.' he finally stopped to take a breath, 'the food smelt so good~' he bounced once then continuing, 'i know we we just met and all, but do you mind if i join you for dinner?'

i stood there, not knowing what to say and what to do, i just nodded. how could i reject this person when they were so cute, pouting slightly and arms hanging limplessly like a baby monkey.

happily he rushed to the door and before he disappeared he quickly said, 'ill be right back!!'

sighing i headed over to the bed and the food, ignoring the open door, i lifted the lid and looked at the sandwich.

grumble~

'yes, i know stomach. but we have to wait for yoseob...' as i unmuted the tv to distract myself, my hand automatically reached for the chips, once i started eating i didnt stop.

'okay~ im back~' yoseob rolled in another trolley table, using his foot to close the door, he rolled over to the couch and sat down, 'i got some more chips, salad, sushis and noodles,' he pointed at the lids, 'if you want any you can take some.' he looked upat me and smiled. there was something about that smile that made you smile as well. it was different to gikwangs, this yoseob had a ray of energy and happiness. it was hard to avoid.

we spent the rest of the night watching, Tangled, laughing out loud, giggling, falling off the bed. to be honest it was fun hanging out with him. we didnt need to worry about much. by the end of the night, we had practicallly finished all the food, lights turned off, curtains left open, and were lying on the bed looking at the ceiling as the moonlight shone through the windows.

'yoseob...' i kept my eyes on the ceiling

'huh?' he turned his head to me

avoiding his eye contact, 'just wondering but...how come you are so nice to me?'

he chuckled turning back to face the ceiling, 'oh~ i dunno. you seem nice, plus youre the only person who is around my age, so i thought why not? i dont have many friends here...'

'really? you seem very outgoing and fun!' i blurted out~

'haha~ the hyungs treat me like a child so that stops us from being close, well i only have dujun hyung here.'

dujun? that name sounded familiar, 'ah! the chef!' yoseob nodded, 'how old are you really? yoseob?'

'ive just turned 21' he beamed

'WHAT?!' as he laughed, i couldnt believe what i was hearing.

'how about you gin?'

'im only 18' sitting up i looked out the window, 'i never knew you were older, well you do look a bigger than me, but still-'

'yea, i know. i hear that alot' cutting me off, he continued, 'well...i have to go now, im sorry if i bothered you...' he stood up, shrugged and looked frowned.

'you were no way close to bothering me yoseob~ you should drop by next time!' i suggested following him to the exit. pushing both trolley tables out into the hallway he turned around to face me.

'it was really nice meeting you, gin~ im glad i have another friend here~' smiling and waving good-bye, i saw him turning into the elevator. for a moment it felt as though he took the energy and warmth with him leaving the whole atmosphere dull and boring. locking the door i began to feel tired. i knew i forgot to do something, but at this moment, i really could not remember.