COURTESY

COINCEDENTAL | FATE

i knew i had to do something about this boy but its not like i could stalk him, follow him to his room...no...i had to do this the more professional way. ill have to be patient and wait for another time that i see him again...pathetic? i know...but what else could i do? i will have to hang around the hotel, wait for him to enter or exit and ill figure something out then...but right now i feel so full~ after eating that delicious huge bowl of noodles and drinking a whole cup of tea, i needed to go to the bathroom. forgetting about him for a few minutes seemed somehow wierd. i walked through a large door with the toilet sign into a short hallway, searched for the female bathroom and entered wondering what i looked like. i realised i actually never checked myself before i left my hotel room. looking in the mirror i started thinking what he thought of me...was i pretty? beautiful? cute? ugly? lifeless? boring? well, i wanted to wear something comfortable for the plane ride, recalling this morning, throwing on my a rainbow heart decorated grey tee paired with skinny ripped black jeans, i never got the chance to get changed...boring...definitely agree that i look boring. sighing and walking out the female bathroom towards the hallway door, i had to step back because someone was opening the door from the restaurant, it was him. he saw me and smiled.

'hello~' he said in a cheery tone, 'we meet again~' showing his beautiful teeth, he added, 'im gikwang by the way, and sorry about spacing out before,' chuckling he kept the door open, even though he was wearing a jacket, i could somehow see his defined arms. he must work out i thought, but looking at the beautiful face of his, it seemed odd to picture it with a well built body.

focusing back on him again, i replied, 'oh.um.hi...im Gin...and thats okay~ i never really noticed before~' trying to come up with something to say, i gave up, said excuse me and then went around him to go back into the restaurant. while walking out i saw his family still talking to the chef and i decided that they must have been regular customers then.

--

its been around two hours after the whole phone and bathroom encounter with gikwang and im sitting outside the hotel in their picnic area. while sitting alone on the chair, under the striped umbrella, which was perfectly stuck into the clean wooden table, i faced the sea infront of me. there was a large distance between me and the sea and i liked it that way. though i love the sea, i did not want to be swimming in it, dont ask me why, because i dont really know. because i was back facing the hotel, i never noticed who was behind me. gikwang was just walking passed the glass hallway on the second floor and spotted me sitting by myself. a few minutes later a waitress came holding a tray near her ears and a colourful bright coloured drink in a glass. it had those nice fancy umbrellas and slices of orange mixed with ice cubes inside. she put the glass next to my arm as i asked, 'im sorry, but what is this? i never ordered this...'

'oh, this is courtesy of the hotel, its on the house. this drink is called tropical splash, there is no alchohol just juice and some soda. enjoy' she smiled, bowed and i watched her walked off.

i never touched the drink, what if it was a random person who ordered it and put something wierd inside? or what if that woman wasnt even working for the hotel? best to safe~ nodding and agreeing with myself and turned back to enjoy the view again. the beautiful blue sky, dotted with a few fluffy clouds, the calm waves crashing...this was the good life, as i made myself comfortable in the chair, i noticed another figure walk passed me and sit in the chair on the other side of my table. i hope its not that wierd person i was cautious about, is it? i quickly turned to see who it was, and to my relief, was gikwang.

'i couldnt help but spot you sitting here by yourself~ hehe' he commented leaning towards the space between the sea and me. 'you know you should drink that' he pointed to the sweating glass beside me, its been sitting under the sun too long causing the water droplets staining the wooden table. 'it tastes really nice, i got one when i arrived as well~'

looking at him, i felt the urge to do everything he said, grab the glass and gulping it to see if it really tasted that good but i just nodded, slowly picked up the glass and took one sip. wow, he was right, it was sweet yet slightly sour and refreshing. i looked back up at him and he was smiling at the sea.

'i love it~ its been a while since ive seen the sea.' he sighed

'oh? you dont live here?' i was curious...

'oh, no~ im just visiting for a while~' he chuckled, it was cute and cheeky sounding and me it made me smile. the drink was helping me cool down, ever since he came, ive been heating up and my hands have started sweating, something which i hated. 'what about you? how come youre here?'

i wanted to think about my response, whether i should tell him everything, or whether i should be more mysterious so he would stay a bit longer, but i couldnt, once he asked i just told him everything, not what i would normally do when im with a stranger, 'well, im here with my cousin who is working with a client here, so we are staying at the hotel until she is finished.'

looking at me, absorbing everything i just said, he was bobbing his head and aah-ing with his mouth slightly open. it looked dorky, but i liked it.

'im here sorta on a business relation as well~ how coincedental dont you think? keke' chuckling and laying back into his chair for a few seconds, all of a sudden he turned his head towards me and asked, 'ah! you want to see something? let me show you something~ finish your drink first and ill take you.'

responding with the speed of this conversation i quickly gulped down my drink and nodded at him. he stood up and took my hand leading me back into the hotel. i never noticed this but it was nearly dark already, you could see the sun slowly setting behind us as we entered the hotel. but somehow i didnt care about the beautiful colours of the sunset, or that i hadnt had dinner yet. what i cared about what that i just spent around four hours with him but most importantly that, at that moment, he was holding my hand.