oo9 ;

The Locket

n i n e

 

 

“Do you think you’ll ever forget me?”

“No, why do you say so?”

“I don’t know. Well...we don’t know the future right?”

“No...we don’t. But there’s one thing I’m pretty sure of.”

“What’s that?”

“...you.”

 

 

“Is everything okay here?”

Her clear, sweet voice brings me back to reality instantly. I look over his shoulders.

A young lady, not much older than I am, approaches us. Seeing how she easily slips her hand into his and giving it a gentle squeeze, it doesn’t take a genius to know that she’s probably his girlfriend.

But that isn’t what bothering me so much.

I inhale sharply, feeling my breath get stuck in my throat when my gaze falls upon her neck. That very familiar heart-shape necklace, which is hanging around her, bears an unmistakable resemblance to my own lost locket.

“I...uh well, not really,” he says, giving me another awkward glance. “I just...uh, sorry. We have to go now.”

I resist the urge of reaching out my hand to pull him back. I already lost him once.

I don’t want to lose him again.

But what if I had really gotten the wrong person?

What if...what if he actually doesn’t want to acknowledge my existence anymore?

I can only watch him walk away helplessly.

“Chorong.”

I’m not aware that I had been crying. At least, not until I feel Hoya’s thumb brushing off my tear lightly.

I sniff. “I’m sorry, but can we do this another time? I don’t feel too good all of a sudden.”

He takes my hand. “Chorong, if there’s anything – “

“I just want to go home,” I cut him off abruptly and then regretting it a second later. “I’m really sorry. My head hurts right now and – “

“It’s okay,” he says, giving me a small smile. “I understand. I’ll take you home now.”

I smile gratefully at him, even though my face hurts so much to even crack a decent smile.

At that moment, every single thing hurts.

 

After sending Bomi home after the movie, Joonmyun decides to go for a drive to clear his mind for awhile.

His headache had stopped hours ago, thankfully. But he still feels uncertain, like a certain part of his memory is missing. He doesn’t quite know how to put it in words, but he feels empty.

A part of him feels hollow.

And then, there was that weird encounter with that girl. What did she call him? Suho?

He has to admit, it actually triggered something in his mind. Something important.

But what exactly is it?

 

 

“Did Joonmyun have any injury before this?”

Mr and Mrs Kim exchange glances with each other.

“He did...” she said finally, taking a deep breath as she did so. “When he was 12, he fell down from a tree and hurt his head. We sent him for a check-up of course, but the doctor said he was fine.”

The present doctor, who attended to Joonmyun due to his car accident, nodded her head as she skimmed through some paperwork in front of her.

“That explains it. Mr and Mrs Kim, I hope you will stay calm to what I’m about to tell you.”

“W-what is it doctor? What’s wrong with my son?”

The doctor paused for a moment.

“Based on the tests we’ve done on him, it shows that he may suffer from temporary memory loss.”

Mrs Kim gasped. “What? B-but why? Will he remember us? Or – “

“Honey, let the doctor talk first,” her husband squeezed her hand gently.

“There’s a 50-50 chance that he’ll either remember of forget you,” the doctor continues. “In cases like this, a part of his brain may choose which memories he chooses to keep and which one he will forget temporarily.”

“Because of the accident, he hit his head hard, for the second time. It causes trauma in the brain and individuals react differently to it. I’m just telling you, there’s a chance he might forget bits and pieces of his memory.”

“In his case, it’s possible he might choose to forget the greatest ordeal that he has suffered recently. Loss, grievances, disappearance...it’s his way of coping with it...”

 

 

 

not much moment here, but i hope it clears up 

some things :)