o12;

The Locket

t w e l v e ;

 

 

It was late, but he didn’t care. He hadn’t called or left a message after their date the other day, but he didn’t care about that either. In his mind, he only wanted the truth and he was set on finding it.

 

And he knew where to start.

 

Bomi herself pulled open the front door to her home at 10pm that night. She simply had a silky pale pink nightgown on, her wavy chestnut hair let loose down her back and any other time – he would’ve been awed by her natural appearance. But at that moment, he was too distracted to even cast a second glance.

 

“Joonmyun!” her eyes widened in shock at the sight of him on her doorstep late at night. She threw a quick glance over her shoulder, before quietly stepping out and pulling the door behind her. “What are you doing here?”

 

He noticed how she had her arms wrapped around her petite frame, shivering slightly in the autumn’s cold breeze. It made him feel guilty.

 

“I’m sorry,” he sincerely apologised. “I know it’s a pretty bad timing – “ she gave him a pointed look, before a small smile appeared on her bare face. “ – but I have something really important I need to ask you.”

 

Bomi’s two brows creased in concerned as she reached out a hand to touch his arm. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah…yeah, I’m fine. Or at least I’ll be after you tell me where you got the necklace the other day.”

 

“Neck – oh, the one I wore when we went out that night?” At his nod, she carefully said, “Like I told you, it was among my things – “

 

“From the plane crash, right?” Joonmyun intercepted excitedly. He could feel it, he was getting somewhere. “But it’s not yours?”

 

Her two cheeks turned a shade of crimson red, ashamed that he had somewhat accused her of taking something which wasn’t rightfully hers. Joonmyun, realising what he might’ve just done, quickly shook his hands.

 

“No…no Bomi, that’s not what I meant. I am not blaming you or anything, I just need to know if it’s really yours or someone else’s?”

 

“I guess…it isn’t mine,” she finally admitted. “Why? Do you know who it belongs to?”

 

His thoughts were already elsewhere. He knew where he could get the answers he’s looking for.

 

“Thanks,” he quickly leaned forward to plant a quick peck on her left cheek. “Sorry once again and goodnight.”

 

Bomi smiled half-heartedly as she waved him goodbye. She felt troubled by Joonmyun’s sudden actions, but she couldn’t quite put her finger to it. She could only hope for the best.

 

 

 

 

He was off-duty for that night, so the staff nurses and his other colleagues were surprised to see him at the hospital all of a sudden. Joonmyun could only reply with personal stuff when asked, and he swiftly dodged the last person as he slipped in the special room where they kept records of all the patients which had been treated in their hospital before.

 

He backtracked to 9 months ago – the day the plane crash happened, the day he treated Yoon Bomi.

 

If he remembered correctly, 5 victims had been brought in, one dying just before the operation took place; leaving Bomi herself, with two other males and another woman.

 

He pushed aside the males’ files and slid out the other female case file.

 

Slowly, he set himself down on the edge of the long table in the room and turned over the cover page with a racing heart. This is it – this file contains all the information he needed to find the person who holds the key to his memory. The only one who could possibly answer all the questions he has in his mind, all the memory he has yet to recover, all the times he had forgotten.

 

Park Cho Rong – was the name listed on the top of her particulars; followed by her contact number and home address. He went on to read the rest of her doctor’s notes; nothing indicating that she has lingering effects from the crash or sustained any life-threatening injuries. That was good.

 

Joonmyun took out his phone hastily, eager to call her but at the very last second, decided against it. It would be better to talk to her in person, and look at the face which he has no memory of.

 

Tomorrow. He’ll pay her a visit tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N sorry this took such a long time! Initially, I was planning on abandoning this story but then decided I just couldn't.

Sorry too, this isn't that much of an update, but hey - thank you for still being here :)) Really.