oo5 ;

The Locket

f i v e

 

 

Chorongie,

This locket is probably my last birthday present for you. I’m sorry that we won’t be able to celebrate our birthdays together again after this. But you know, this doesn’t change anything between us. I will never forget you Park Chorong. You’re my one and only best friend in the whole wide world.

Take good care of this locket okay? (I used up every last bit of my savings for this you know :P) Because when we meet again someday (I promise you, we will) I will know it’s you.

I will know it’s my beautiful, sweet, little Chorong.

I love you bestie.

Joonmyun a.k.a Suho (your guardian)

 

 

 

3 months later

Kim Joonmyun is at the peak of his career. The accident that everyone thought would bring catastrophe to his life actually opens a whole new world for him.

Instead of achieving his dream as a singer, Joonmyun chose to save people lives instead. Being so close to death opened up his eyes to another option. Being so driven by the doctor who had done everything in his power to help him, Joonmyun decided he wanted to bring that kind of happiness to other people’s lives too.

So when this particular patient was rushed through the emergency doors, with nurses shouting orders in panic, Joonmyun knew that he had to do what he does best.

Save her.

He’s never had a plane crash victim before. Her cuts were deep, the burns on her hands and legs were really bad, and he didn’t need a machine to tell that she was furiously fighting for her life.

He had to try his best for her.

Judging from her outer appearance that he was able to make out, the victim was probably around his age.

Which means, she is still young and she still has a bright life ahead of her.

He was not going to let that be taken away from her.

With that as a motivation in mind, Joonmyun fought like he has never fight before.

 

Yoon Bomi is definitely a fighter.

Because if she wasn’t, she wouldn’t be able to stand in front of him right now, looking entirely beautiful in a simple midnight blue dress which reaches just above her knees.

She wouldn’t be wearing her radiant smile which curves up all the way to her ears.

Complete with her middle-length chestnut hair which she had gotten curled just recently, she looks beyond stunning.

Joonmyun stares at her in awe.

“You look beautiful.”

Bomi grins even wider. Leaning forward, she gives him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Why, thank you Dr Kim. Guess all the efforts of finding the perfect dress actually pays off.”

Joonmyun chuckles. “Definitely.”

“So, ready to take me out for our first official date?”

He nods. “Of course...wait, is that a new necklace as well?”

Bomi glances down and fingers the heart-shape locket which hangs around her neck. “Actually, I found it while I was rummaging through my things which were retrieved during the plane crash. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.”

Joonmyun stares at it in suspicion. He feels as if he had seen the locket somewhere before this, but he couldn’t quite put his finger to it.

Seeing how he has eyebrows furrowed together, Bomi places a hand on his shoulder.

“Are you okay?”

Joonmyun takes a moment to compose himself back together. “I-I’m okay,” he smiles. Holding out his arm to her, he asks, “Shall we?”

Bomi gladly slips her arm into his.

“Let’s go.”