You're My One and Only Part I

I'm Your Love, Venus (Sequel to When I Met Him)

Your POV

The clock struck 3pm and all I did since morning was watching my favourite drama 'Spy MyungWol' that was airing on tv. My eyes were as if glued to the television screen. I was particularly starstruck by Eric of Shinhwa who was the leading actor in that particular drama. He looked cooler, much more dashing than ever before and being the fangirl that I was, I was starstruck every time I saw him in a scene. Woohoo! The sudden ring of my handphone made me jump in my seat. 'Damn you whoever texted me at this particular time of the day." I thought.

Hey girl! I'm heading  back to your place in half an hour's time so get ready. Wear something proper and decent since we're going out and stuff. It's gonna be just the two of us ^-^ See ya later sista! - Jenny

My eyes doubled in size as I read that Jenny was coming over to pick me up in half an hour's time. Why didn't she tell me earlier? I quickly sprawled off the couch and headed off to shower and get ready. I quickly dabbed some makeup over my eyelids and a little blush with a tint of colour on my lips. I put on my tailored jeans, a baggy t-shirt and a pair of high tops. In exactly half an hour, I was all set and not a moment too soon,  the doorbell rang.

"You ready?" Jenny asked as she beamed widely at me as I opened the door to my house. Jenny returned to my house to pick me up after meeting upu with Minhyuk.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Minhyuk?" I asked as I locked the doors to my house. No one was at home that day as mum told me that she was heading over to my aunt's that day.

"He's gone off somewhere," Jenny replied and instantly wrapped one of her arms around mine. "Let's go!" Jenny tugged me along with her, not knowing where we were going. I tried asking her a couple of times but she just would not spill whatever's on her mind. Speculations started running through my mind as we went further into the streets of the city. We passed by hoards of people, skilfully avoiding people who were in our way.  Something's definitely up.

Jaehyo's POV

I kept walking up and down the corridor as I waited for April. My heart was racing and bad thoughts were constantly encircling in my mind. I gripped the box that held the ring with both hands in case I misplaced it while waiting for her arrival. While I was mentally preparing myself, the six others came and assembled in front of me. They looked excited as they anticipated for April and Jenny's arrival.

"Hyung just keep calm," Pyo voiced as he draped an arm across my shoulders. "We'll be right here for you when you need us."

"Yeah, Jaehyo. Pyo's right," Kyung assured. "Don't worry. Everything's gonna work out fine."

"Hyung, hyung, hyung," Zico voiced as he took his place beside me. "Listen to Kyung and you'll be fine." Taeil and U-Kwon nodded in agreement. With that, I placed the box containing the ring into my front pocket. The boys never left my side since I arrived here at the movie theatre. The next thing we were eagerly waiting for was the arrival of the girl herself - April. Minhyuk put an arm across my shoulders, giving me courage to carry on and believe that the plan would go smoothly.


Your POV

"Jenny what're we doing here? At the movie theatre?" I asked out of curiousity. Out of all the wonderful places in Seoul and this was where she brought me to. Nonetheless, it has been a long time since I caught up with the current movies showing at the cinemas.

"I just.. ya know.. It has been a long time since we watched a movie together outside of your house," Jenny muttered. She was scanning through the crowd, hoping to find someone she was looking for. I too followed what she was doing but I did not really get the point of doing just that. "Ughh.. Where are they?" I heard Jenny mumbled to herself while holding on to her phone tightly. Her eyes continued scanning for someone, or some form of a signal that she should be seeing then. I would usually into the situation at that point of time but surprisingly, I just waited patiently till Jenny caught a glimpse of something that she was previously searching for.

4.30pm.
There were still hoards of people waiting in line to go inside the theatre. Little kids were beginning to run around, screaming, making a big fuss in the theater. I kept my irritation within me as I did not want to create a huge scene just before the movie started. I stretched out both of my hands and placed them onto Jenny's shoulders for support. My legs were killing me.

4.45pm.
"Yes, finally!" I exclaimed as they opened the doors to the theatre. Jenny and I managed to find our seats in no time at all. Right then, it was time to sit back and relax. Although there were no disruptions, I just could feel that somewhere, at a certain point of time, things and the atmosphere of the whole place would change.

Unusually, advertisements kept on being shown on the screen over the past 15 minutes. As the clock struck 5, something very, very, Very unsual happened.


"Sir, I came here today personally to get this special permission from you," a younger guy on the screen started. Only the bottom half of their bodies were shown on the screen. "I have a special request that involves your daughter, sir."

"Well, go on then," the voice of an older man replied. Those two voices sound awfully familiar, like those who were very close and dear to me. The voice of the older man was the voice that I had yearned to hear ever since he left Korea for a long business trip abroad, leaving mum and I behind.

"Well, sir," the yonger man voiced, his voice starting to tremble. "I.. would want to have your daughter, to be my lawfully wedded wife, sir." He sounded dead serious.

"You, young man. I believe that you would become the perfect man for her. Capable of protecting her from whatever harm that can come across at any time. I have faith in you and I am proud to have you... Ahn Jaehyo-ssi," the older man paused. AHN JAEHYO?? "As my daughter, April Lee's husband and my son-in-law."

Slowly, the camera became blurry as it slowly reached the two men's heights, revealing only their silhouettes. In a few minutes, the video became sharper. The two men who were previously hugging each other, broke apart as the video became much sharper. Finally, their faces were revealed.

"Appa." I voiced as I saw my dad's face on the screen. I gripped Jenny's hand tightly as soon as their faces becamen clear on the screen. Tears started forming at the edge of my eyes as I stared straight into the face of someone who has been there for me through thick and thin ever since we were together - Jaehyo.

What exactly was going on?


Next chapter? Coming right up! ;) - Admin M