D-7 to Wedding Day: A Day With Mom + An Unexpected Visitor

I'm Your Love, Venus (Sequel to When I Met Him)

After the constant search for wedding dresses, makeup, accessories, wedding rings and all the other things, it has finally come to a week's time till the greatest day of my life. That one day where a couple is officially wedded. The nervousness and the excitedness for the wedding day was too overwhelming for little me to handle. All emotions running at one go. The time has finally come after the constant preparation for the wedding day and now, it is only a week left till the wedding day. I'm going to get married!

"You ready, honey?" Mom shouted from the corridor. I was going to head out with mom for a spa day she had set aside specially for me prior to my wedding day. I was already starting to miss Jaehyo as it had been weeks since I last saw him. Mom said about not allowing me to meet my future husband while I prepare myself for the wedding and stuff like that.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I replied while checking my outfit once again before heading out. I'm going to be married soon kept on ringing in my head ever since the week started. The thought of me getting married with the man I loved and cherished was too good to be true, sometimes I even find it unbelievable (if I may add). 

The time passed quickly during the car ride as mom and I chatted about my feelings, how mom overcame all that I was facing when she was about to get married to my dad and about what Jaehyo and I were planning to do during the honeymoon. It was the first time in a very long time my mom and I had a heart to heart talk about ourselves. It was definitely comforting to hear mom giving me words of encouragement for my wedding. 

The both of us spent the whole day together, shopping and going for manicures. It was the very first time that I felt how close my mom and I could become despite all the constant quarrels we have almost everyday. 

"Psst psst"

"Yeah mom you rang?" I asked while turning around to face my mom. 

"What? I didn't say anything," she replied. Well that's odd. There was no one else near us that could have possibly-

"Psst psst" 

Urghh just where is that coming from?! 

"April, I'm going to shop for groceries in here for awhile. You wanna tag along or just wait for me here?" Mom asked as she was heading towards the grocery store just outside of the mall.

"No thanks, mom. I'm good. I'll just wander around the mall for abit and I'll wait for you outside once you're done." 

"Hmph, suit yourself. I'm going first!" She said as she waved goodbye. Guess I'm all alone now.

I wandered around the mall all by myself, window shopping, seeing the latest fashion trends and hoards of people just enjoying their time wandering around the mall with their group of friends. Even though all of my attention was on other things, those annoying sounds kept on repeating over and over again and the worst part - it got louder when my mom went away. 

"Wh-wh-who's there??" I whispered, just loud enough for the people who were around me to hear. My heart skipped a beat when a pair of hands crept up my back and onto my shoulders. HOYA!

"Ya, Hoya! It has been sooooo incredibly long since I last saw you!!" I exclaimed. Hoya used to be one of my best childhood friends. He and I were born and raised in Busan and Hoya (aka Howon, Hoya is technically his nickname since all of his friends call him Hoya) was my first ever best friend that I have ever had, although he's a few years older than I am. Hoya and I went everywhere together - arcade, snowboarding, kite flying and fishing - when we were little, even my family treats him like he's part of the family. We have lost contact since my family and I had moved to Seoul a few years back and we had never had the time to see each other ever again.

"Aigooo our April has grown up to become quite a charm eh?" he giggled. "I've missed you!" Automatically, his hands wrapped around my small frame, causing the heat from his body to surround little me. I was a little flustered when he suddenly hugged me as I was not used to having too much skin contact with guys - apart from Jaehyo - since little. "Didn't you see me around campus lately? One of my lecturers had transferred me here to Seoul as he believed that l deserved to be in Korea's number 1 university. Hey, I'm a little disappointed at you..."

"Oh? Why?"

"Cause.. You didn't invite me to your wedding..." Hoya confessed, "and your boyfriend caught me staring and observing you from afar in campus. He gave me a cold stare all of a sudden and he definitely doesn't seem that friendly at all...." His innocent eyes began to drop down, having the floor as his view after innocently revealing what was his disappointment. (Honestly, he didn't change a bit)

Quietly, I hooked onto his arms and slowly rested my head onto his shoulder, giving him a little more comfort after not being able to see and communicate with each other for ages. I did feel remorseful about leaving Hoya and some of my other friends there without even having to say goodbye to them. Truly regretted. "Sorry. I had no idea that you would still befriend me and forgive me after all that I'd done to you and the others." With that, a lone tear created a trail down my cheek. 

"I understand and I've already forgiven you since the beginning." His cheeks pinked a little while saying that, "So, are you going to invite me or not??"

Without a moment too soon, I quickly handed a spare invitation that was left in my bag previously  to Hoya. "Really hope you'll come, Hoya. I'd really appreciate it."

"No worries. I'll be sure to attend. Besides, how can I miss our April's big wedding right?" Hoya smirked.

"Thank you and sorry again, Hoya. Hope to see you at the wedding." I apologised another time. It hurt to leave him after meeting him for the first time in 10 years but unfortunately, because of my hectic schedules and busy wedding preparations, I had no extra time to spare. 

HOYA'S POV

It has been years since I last saw April. April has always been my one true friend and no one else could have ever taken her place - Thanks to Uncle Minwoo who had introduced me to her. Anger and sorrow filled my empty heart the moment I saw her leaving for Seoul in her dad's black sedan and I didn't get to see her ever since.

All this while I have tried my best to go out with other girls in my previous schools but none of them could replace April - the only one that had a special place in my heart. I tried dating a girl called Yuna a few years back but broke up with her soon after as I felt that she was not the right one for me. I felt bad for asking Yuna to break up with her previous boyfriend who had loved and adored her but apparently fell for me instead. I regretted my actions, I really did. 

My heart skipped a beat when I saw her from afar. My heart raced when she hooked her arm with mine. My heart shattered into bits and shreds everytime she said 'Sorry'. I yearned to hold her for long hours, spending days and nights with April but I guess she was already destined for another guy who is able to take care and look after her  with more care and sincerity than I can.

All I can do now - Give her support and wish her all the best for her wedding, ensure that she is happy with the one she loves and to not let her heart be broken by anyone at any point of time. I had no right to steal her love away from someone whom she loves and adores very much. Reality finally hit me. I'm already too late. 


Hey my dear readers! It has been a loooooong time since I last updated and I'm terribly sorry! TT-TT Well, in case you guys have forgotten (which I strongly believe that you have), Hoya is the mysterious guy that Jaehyo has been eyeing on in the first few chapters! Turns out that Hoya or Lee Howon was April's long lost childhood friend that has not been in contact for a decade long. The last wedding invitation WAS meant for Hoya but April had decided not to give him due to some complications they had with their friendship a few years ago - the quarrel between Hoya and Jaehyo. To April's surprise, Hoya wanted to be invited and the invitation is finally handed to him! However, if all of you are still curious, yes. HOYA DOES HAVE A CRUSH ON APRIL - ever since they were little. Hoya had decided to not confess his feelings to her as he found out that he was a little too late and as you know, April is now getting married to someone else. (And for those of you who don't remember chapter 4 - 5. Yes. Hoya, Jaehyo and April grew up in Busan together - Jaehyo was his schoolmate and April was his neighbourJaehyo did not know who April was as she had to leave Busan for Seoul before she started school. Thus, both of them know Hoya but they became best friends with Hoya through different people and at different places, making it almost impossible for Jaehyo and April to meet up since April had gone abroad since she was little. Minwoo oppa is indeed Hoya's uncle. *Recap*)

Hope this clears up your misunderstandings and complications for this chapter. Till we meet again! - Admin M.