남잔 없이 잘 살아.. 그건 아니야! (I Don't Need A Man.. That's not it!)

I'm Your Love, Venus (Sequel to When I Met Him)

After hours and hours spent trying on dresses, time had soon run out and it was already time for me to head home. Jenny had decided to drive me home in her mercedes since she was on her way to some place else after the dress-trying routine. 

"Is it okay if I drop you here? But I'm afraid that something will happen to you if I were to drop you off here since you have to walk a little further in. It's getting dark out too." Jenny asked as she was already late for her meeting with one of my wedding organisers. 

"It's fine, I can manage. I'm a big girl, so please don't treat me like I am still little." I grumbled, assuring her that I could manage walking home myself.

"Well, suit yourself and don't say I didn't warn you, April. If there is someone who disturbs you on your way home, don't forget to use you secret weapon!" exclaimed Jenny.

"You mean my shoe?"

"Woah it's not just any shoe and your not just any ordinary person wearing a shoe. Your an athlete at throwing! Hai-ya!"

"Don't you have to go someplace else? And stop it with all your nonsense talk it's giving me a headache for crying out loud! Anyway, thank you for your kind(?) warning." I winked.

"No problem. Be careful when heading home! Love you!"

"Love you too babe." I said as I waved her goodbye. Although I was confident that nothing was going to happen to me that night, I somehow felt... Insecure. 

Street lights were brightly lit and there was absolutely no one there other than tiny little me. All I could hear was the sound of my heels hitting the hard cement as I strutted down the street all alone. See, I was confident that I was able to return home without getting into any type of danger. With that, I continued my journey back home.

A few hundred metres more and I will be home but all of a sudden, an eerie feeling started to develop within me. Why was I feeling like that all of a sudden? I started to hear footsteps approaching me from behind. I heard rumours that a couple of guys were going around in my neighbourhood, preying on women who were going around the neighbourhood alone. Like I said, I was confident that no one was going to hurt me in any way but I decided to walk at a slightly faster pace just to ensure that no ome was following me.

As I sped up my walking pace, I could hear faster footsteps approaching me from behind. Turned around and I did not see a thing. I was getting really frustrated and scared at the same time. Paranoia striked as I continuously looked behind to check and see if there was anyone following me. I continued to walk faster but I ended up in the hands of an unknown and mysterious looking guy. He was about in his mid-40s and I could see the evil smirk on his face as I timidly took a look at his face. So the rumours were true! I tried running the opposite way and unfortunately a friend of his stopped me in my tracks. Crap!

I became panic-striken. I was in a blur state of mind at that point of time and I had no idea what to do to free myself from the hands of these horrid guys. 

"Oh don't worry young lady. You can go home some time soon as long as you listen and do whatever we tell you to," the man whom I bumped into, the fatter one. "We'll just go real slow on you and you won't feel a tint of pain at all, I guarantee."

"Who are you and what are you going to do to me?!" I barked at them. All they did was chuckle and insulted me amongst themselves. "You better hurry and tell me who you guys are if not I'll go all taekwondo with you!"

"Woah taekwondo! I'm so scared! Boohoo!" The fat one mocked. I was starting to shiver in place and I could not get myself to get in my stance to prepare myself for battle. In a blink, the other guy had headlocked me, disrupting my movements. Someone please help me!

I stared at the fatter one as he approached me while cracking his knuckles. He brushed the tip of his index finger against my chin and used his hand to caress my hand. At that moment, I shouted for help as loud as I could, at the top of my lungs. I bit the hand of the guy who headlocked me each time he tried covering my mouth. "Someone please help me!!! Help me!!!" I shouted desperately consecutively. 

As the bigger-sized guy was beginning to my blouse, all of a sudden it felt like my prayers were answered. 

"Take this you sick old men!" a guy exclaimed as he threw punches at the both of them. Up, down, left and right. Straight in the gut and up the chin. Double jabs all over and consecutive kickings. My saviour!

My saviour had successfully sent the two bad guys on their way while receiving cusses and swears that were thrown to him. The curses definitely had no effect on him and at that point of time, it was my turn to approach him.

"Err.. Excuse me my good man. I just want to say thank you for your help. I really appreciated it," I said to my saviour that night. 

"Who ever gave you permission to go back home all alone at this late hour?!" He hissed. Awe-struck, I stood rooted to the ground, not believing that he had said all of that to me. To me! "If I wasn't here, you'd be in big trouble you babo!"

I continued to look upon him in disbelief, even though I was looking at only his back view. It was a shame I was unable to see his face while the brawl was happening. My saviour immediately turned around and hugged me while I was slowly approaching him from behind. The smell. His scent. His warm embrace. Jaehyo?!

"YA! What are you doing here?!" I barked at him while in his embrace.

"I secretly planned an ambush on you at your house but all of a sudden I see you getting hogged by those two guys a moment ago."

"I'm glad it was you, Ahn Jaehyo." I said and hugged him tighter and gripped onto his waist a little tighter. I missed the scent of him every time I embrace him. I took in a deep breath, smelling his manly scent as he embraced me in those manly arms of his. I just wanted to stay in that position longer, the whole night if he let me. 

"Thank you again Jaehyo. Love you."

"Don't mention it. Guess you do need men in your life huh April-sshi?" Jaehyo chuckled under his breath. "Love you too Miss April, soon-to-be Mrs Ahn Jaehyo."

Hey people! I have updated a chapter today~! Hope you guys liked it ^^ Keep an eye out for any updates soon as I may be updating another chapter later today. See you! - Admin M