Growing Stronger

Let's Make History!

 

              Days passed by with the girls being pushed harder and harder with practice, they were up from the early hours of five or six to the late hours of eleven or midnight; memorising things around the clock. Squeezing recording, music video prepping, teasers and all sorts of things. Everyday, they were even too tired to eat as they crashed onto bed. Their debut album and debut song with the same title would be, Your Karma, an electro-pop song with lyrics of a bitter sweet romance. It was a about a girl who's boyfriend had cheated on her and wants her back but the girl refuses, not wanting the same thing  to happen again; basically, telling him it's his karma for cheating on her as he is ridiculed by her friends. Their choreography, was quite tricky but fun to do as it involved a lot of foot work. The beat of the song and addictive lyrics, would have you humming and moving to the music. 
 
              SM Entertainment, was waiting for this moment, the day they would get to try their experiment. They had always wanted to try something new, since they have gone with the "feminine" and "chic" type of girl groups but now they wanted something new and unique, a sort of boy-ish matureness with hints of iness and chic. Like a cool kind of group, not the cutesy type. 
 
              "I'm lying here with thoughts of you clouding my mind.
              I miss you so much, that it hurts remembering.
              Memories of you won't fade away, as their safely tucked into my heart.
              I keep those memorable songs on replay.(Thinking of you again)
 
              The nostalgic places full of our memories together.
              It's like walking down memory lane.
              I bite my lip softly, as I surpress this cry.
              As I've said before, I love you and love you again.
 
              Saying 'goodbye' is never easy, as I say from experience.
              I never wanted to say my final goodbye to you who is now lost.
              I weep in sorrow, sitting by your side as I hold your hand tightly in mine.
              "Why?" questioned me, yes, why'd you leave me alone?" Misa rapped, her arms in fists as she felt the emotions, her face showing all kinds of facial expressions, her eyes closed. Singing the last line, 
               "Standing up, I put a small smile on my face.
              Wiping the tears on my red eyes from the wave of emotions.
              You wouldn't want me sad, I know you wouldn't want me crying.
              I'll grow stronger, I promise. " She breathed out before continuing on recording. Her eyes opening, as she picked up the bottle of water beside her, wiping her sweat with the back of her other hand. Exiting the room, she spotted the members sleeping as they leaned onto each other while on the couches, Chanhee had her head rested on Yeonju's shoulder, Yeonju having her head faced down with her small breaths escaping her parted mouth. Saomi was laying down, sprawled across the couch, hanging open while Mei lied her head on Saomi's thighs, her eyes tightly shut with her eyebrows furrowed. Misa sighed fondly, as she bent down to Mei's height and tucked her bangs behind her ear, since they were poking her eye. 
 
              Misa then stood up quietly, her expression soft, as she went to the vending machine to buy her member's some drinks; inserting the necessary amount of money into it. While waiting for them, she bowed her head in deep thought, as her right hand played with her piercings on her right ear, and the other just clutching onto the hem of her over sized shirt. The sound of the drinks falling into place made her snap out of her thoughts, as she bent down and picked them up, cradling them in her arms as she walked back to where her members lied. 
 
              Waking up the lighter sleeper, she ruffled Chanhee's hair, making the girl open her eyes and stare at the bottle of banana milk that Misa held out in front of her. Chanhee took the banana milk unsurely, glancing up at her leader, for permission who nodded with a smile. Taking out the straw, Chanhee then started to sip her banana milk happily as a smile formed onto her face.  Soon enough, everyone was awake except for Mei, Misa sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose after she took off her glasses for a moment, her eyes furrowed in thought as she poked Mei's cheek; after bending down to her.
 
              "Mei Xiang-ah, wake up." Misa said loudly, making the said girl stir in her sleep but still asleep. Misa then nudged her, shook her and finally used a little trick, "Oh look! Kai's coming~" she said plainly. Mei shot up, making Misa jump back in shock before she snickered and handed the dumb founded girl her coffee. 
 
              "Ughhh. That was mean, unnie!" Mei whined, her eye furrowed with a small glare as she pouted at the nonchalant leader. She sighed before opening her drink, and started to drink it quietly. Misa smiled and patted her on the head before going back to her drink, as she held the lyrics in one hand, seating herself in between Saomi and Mei on the couch. Saomi who was drinking some soybean drink, saying it was good for her health, leaned over and propped her chin onto Misa's right shoulder as she too started to memorise the lyrics. 
 
              Yeonju and Chanhee were also on their couch, reading the sheet of music with furrowed eyebrows. Their banana milk in their hands, sipping on their straws as they concentrated on their work. While Mei, who sat on Misa's left side, started to practice while still drinking her coffee in between. Her hand gestures, going along with her as Misa watched her from the corner of her eyes, through her lens. She was proud of the second maknae, who could rap so well at such a young age, but nonetheless, Misa was proud of everyone in her group. They were all pretty close after spending everyday together, though, secretly, they had already talked to each other way before through video chats, but they kept that a secret from the company; even going as far as too pretend they just met and so on so far.
 
              "So, tomorrow we finally debut, huh?" Yeonju softly said aloud, her head leaning back onto the couch, her expression a thoughtful one. Chanhee stared blankly with a nod, her head full of thoughts. Mei nodded excitedly, a wide grin on her face as her eyes slanted into half-crescents. Saomi smiled nervously, her grip on Misa's arm tightening, she was very, very nervous about tomorrow. Misa stayed silent, all sorts of things running through her.
 
              "Yeah, looks like it." She said with a small nod, "We'll do fine. I know we will." Misa said firmly, looking each member in the eye, as they inwardly relaxed a bit. Though, no one could shake off their uneasiness or the butterflies that caused havoc in their bellies.
 
 
 
 
              Today was the day. The day that would determine their future, here on Inkigayo. The girls of VOKA, sat in the waiting room as stylists and make-up artists attended to them. Their expressions obviously nervous, Misa sat in one of the stylists chairs as she stared blankly at her reflection in the mirror, watching the make-up artist put on her eye-liner, blush and etc. Her naturally brown hair was dyed orange (even her eyebrows) and waved lightly, making her light skin appear more white and her big eyes pop out. Mei's hair was the same as in the teaser unlike her long black hair, her expression grim as she bit her lip nervously. She played with hem of her dark sleeveless shirt, as she was being dressed by the stylist. Saomi was already prepped and sat on the couch at the side, watching the members as she played with her fingers, she pouted and had her head facing her lap. Maknae Chanhee, just sat quietly in her chair, while her black hair was being put in waves, giving her a sort of innocent look, her eyes glaring at her reflection as she frowned, uneasiness settling at the bottom of her stomach. Yeonju's hair was let staight down, dyed brown with red highlights and side swept to the left, she just had her usual trademark neutral expression, it was in between smiling and frowning.
 
              Suddenly, the door was opened revealing Tiffany, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Yunho, Changmin, Amber and some EXO-K members. The girls' eyes widened in awe as they scrambled to bow, they had bumped into some of the SM artists but never really had a conversation; it was touching for their sunbae's to cheer and give them advice. 
 
              "You guys must be so nervous right now, am I right?" Tiffany asked, with her bright smile as the girls nodded shyly. The girls giggled (except Amber) and gave them encouraging words, as they did the fighting gesture and left. 
 
              "Misa-ah, don't scold your members if they make a mistake and just help them through it, arasso?" Yunho said to Misa, patting her on the head with a small smile. She nodded with a firm nod, as she smiled back, though with she was still nervous. She knew that if any of them made a mistake, they'd help one another and move on to improve themself. Yunho-sunbae always gave her advice about being the leader, occasionally Victoria and Leeteuk as well.
 
              "Alright, bye girls. You'll do fine!" Changmin exclaimed with a grin as he waved goodbye, "Fighting!" he and Yunho said, pumping their fists as the girls nodded with a bow. Yunho and Changmin then left, leaving Amber and EXO-K.
 
              "You guys just have fun out there and you'll do great!" Amber said with an encouraging grin, as she patted Mei on the back, who was the closest one beside her. Mei stood frozen to her place as she stared at Amber as if there were stars in her eyes, left hanging open and her eyes staring deeply at Amber with admiration. Misa blinked, looking back and forth between Amber and Mei before something in her head clicked and she pinched Mei's arm. Amber stood, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Mei smiled brightly at her, as Misa sighed shaking her head.
 
              "Mei Xiang's a big fan of yours, sunbae." Misa said with a nervous laugh. Mei nodded enthusiastically, inwardly she was spazzing her head out, she then turned around and started squealing making her members cover their faces in embarrassment. Amber just chuckled, albeit a bit nervously, as she took a tentative step back. The boys of EXO-K, just stood at the side awkwardly before Amber bid everyone goodbye, making Mei sulk in a corner. 
 
              "You guys are nervous, I bet." Suho said, earning him looks of 'are-you-serious?'. It was VERY obvious that they were nervous and uneasiness. He laughed, before giving them some pointers and so on so far. Chanyeol flashed them his forever trademark wide grin as he patted Yeonju on the head encouragingly, she grinned back up at him, as she had to crane her neck just to look up at him. He was one tall guy.
 
              "Hyung, I think their beyond nervous!" D.O exclaimed, staring at his hyung with a shake of his head. The rest of the group, except Suho, chuckled with nods. 
 
              "Yeah, we were like that at first too." Baekhyun said with a small smile, making Yeonju blush lightly. Mei was at the side, basically, ogling Kai who stood at the side awkwardly. Sehun just stayed quiet in his place, thoughts running through him, his eyes trailing around the room until they landed on a fellow maknae who was frowning from nervousness. He slowly approached her, his hyungs not noticing, as he carefully ruffled her hair with a small blush on his cheeks as he faced the opposite way.
 
              Chanhee, blinked at the sudden weight on her head, she fixed her hair after he ruffled it a bit, as she peered up curiously at him; but she couldn't see his face since he was facing the other way. She shrugged and smiled at him, and mumbled a 'thank you'. The uneasiness, slowly fading away, as she smiled to herself. The two of them didn't notice the sharp eyes of a certain, female leader who chuckled at their actions, shaking her head. Poor maknae's gonna end up in a sticky situation, she thought. After the boys had help the girls nervousness fade away, Volume Karma was called, as they were the next to perform. 
 
              Panic struck their eyes, as they glanced at each other with worried expressions, the boys exclaimed 'fighting' before they left. "We can do this, Volume Karma," Misa said firmly, glancing at each member with a warm smile, "FIGHTING!" they said together. Now, it was the time to show Korea, that they weren't just some a girl group, they were the real deal and were ready to show what they got.
 
 
 

Author's Note:
 
Mianhe everyone for the sort of late update.
I was sort of too upset to update since I recently lost my seven year old cat.
Hopefully, my grammer, spelling and writing has improved a bit more?
And hopefully, this chapter is long enough. ^^

Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Are you getting hints at any possible pairings? *wiggles eyebrows*
But yeah...
Please do comment, it helps me update faster!
And I noticed how small my subscribers are... Huhuhuh... TT TT
 
Ciao~