two.

Annoyance at First Sight

As I step out of our room, I went straight to the History class of my former Professor. It is on this day that he had asked me to discuss, of course, the history of our planet, its structure, and the purpose of the creatures (including me) living on it. Aisht! Really professor, ME??!! Why not choose Taemin instead! He loves being on the center spot anyway. But professor told me that he prefers me better than that hyperboy. So, I just accepted the request.

......

After walking a few blocks, I finally reached his classroom. I opened the door and he gestured me to come in. I politely nodded. "Just in time." He smiled at me. "Thanks." I stood beside his table. "Everyone, listen up. This is my former student, Minji. She's here to discuss everything you need to know about this planet." "Annyeong, Minji imnida." I bowed 90 degrees.

"Annyeong!" They all said in chorus. "Shall I start?" I saw the professor nod, and I took that as a Go signal.

............

 

"You're living in a planet called Rhunes. But it is not your typical circle-shaped or sphere-shaped planet that you see in your Science class. This planet is more of a .... building type, I guess. We also have our so called 'sister planet', Exo. Though the creatures there are somewhat similar to us. Centuries ago, the former heads of Rhunes have formed an alliance with Exo, so basically, we are on one team. ..... Back to Rhunes. In reality, what is a building without floors in it, right? This planet.. er.. building should I say, has 6 floors in it. SIX HUGE FLOORS." The students made an "O" face. I just giggled at their reaction.

"I'll describe them one by one. On the first floor, you can find lots of warriors. It is where they train themselves on how to fight enemies, just to be ready in case a war broke out. So, some of you will also be trained there,  two or three months from now. Second floor: you'll find different stores and shops that sell lots of food and clothes and all the necessities needed by us. Each store is being managed by people who have the ability to turn ... uhm.. air, I guess, into food or anything. And since they produce it with their powers, all are for free. Third floor: the classrooms for students and trainees like you. you will be taught and trained there about your duties on this planet and on how to control and develop your powers. Fourth floor: your personal rooms. In other words, Home. It is a room and you will be the one to decide how many rooms will be in it, depending on how many are you living in it." 

Suddenly, one student from the mid row raised his left hand, "uhm... Minji-ssi, I was wondering how did we manage to be alive, a few hours ago?" I raised a brow at him. "Well, your question will be answered by the next floor." I continued on with my discussion. 

"Fifth floor: the planet's area where the CRIERS worked at. These criers give you life. Well, actually not them, but the Gods. The criers simply think of a name.... Chaerin.. like that, then engrave it on a tiny stone tablet. The tablet will then be offered to the Gods who have sustained this planet for over a million years. The criers will then chant a sacred prayer. You will be given life once the tablet had vanished from the hands of a crier, a sign that the Gods had accepted their request for a new life. Oh, and no one is allowed to go to that floor except for the criers themselves. Actually we don't age at all. But due to wars breaking out, some of us have died. So, the criers will begin making out names to replace them.

And finally, on the sixth floor, THE MOST FORBIDDEN FLOOR, I should say. Even the criers are not allowed to go there for it is where the Gods stay once every decade, so basically it is a very sacred place. As for the Gods, they are very powerful spirits who wander around the universe."

"So, what do we do here in Rhunes?" A girl in the front row asked. "Good question. Here in Rhunes, our purpose is to protect it from invaders or any enemies. That's it. You will be trained on how to fight during wars and on how to use your powers wisely. You will be released from all these training stuff once you have shown your capability of being the planet's barrier."

"That's cool!" A boy at the back shouted which cause everyone to giggle. "Definitely." I smiled at him.

Professor then suddenly stood up. "I guess Minji have explained everything clearly. Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge with us." The professor then shook hands with me. "No problem. Be good to professor. Follow his rules and you will be a barrier of Rhune in no time." I warmly smiled at the students. "Yes." They answered in chorus then smiled at me too. I bowed once again and bid my goodbye to them. 

*Oh Minji, you have done another good deed! Way to go!*

I mentally praise myself as I rode down the escalator (a high-tech planet I guess! haha) to go grab some snack at the 2nd floor when suddenly, "NOOOOOONNNNAAAA!"