eight.

Annoyance at First Sight

 

I stared at the lady in front of the mirror. I can’t believe that this dress suits me well. Hey, it’s not that bad to praise yourself once in a while.

 

I straightened up my dress a bit when the door swung open. “Hyungs are wai-woah!“ Kyuhyun gazed at me from head to toe. “What? I’m pretty good at picking dresses huh.” I . “Yeah, exactly my point. You’re pretty….stupid. Now make it fast. They’re waiting for us!” He yelled then went out of my room. *This guy, really!!* I glanced back at the mirror then quickly went out.

 

 

“So, what do you think of the dress?” I asked Minho as he eyed me. “Uhm..good choice. Pretty.” He smiled at me. Then, one by one, they commented on me.

Leeteuk: “Gorgeous.”

Donghae: “Fascinating.”

Eunhyuk: “Elegant.”

Kyuhyun: (no anwer)

Taemin: “I love you noonaaaa!!”

I blushed at the maknae’s comment. “So, are we leaving yet?” I turned to Leeteuk oppa. “Yeah. The party’s gonna start soon.” “Hey Taemin. Wanna me?” I playfully punched his arm. “I’m afraid I can’t, noona. Sorry. Besides, hyung’s your tonight.” I followed the direction to where Taemin is pointing.

 

*I AM ONE LUCKY GIRL!!!!!* “Why him??!!” I whined. “Because I said so. You guys get along and BEHAVE. Let’s go now.” Leeteuk motioned us to get out.

 

“Yeah, get along….then KILL each other afterwards!!” I rolled my eyes. “Aren’t you going to cling onto me? The others are leaving..” “Might as well cling onto air..” “Shut up and be a good girl!” With that, Kyuhyun held my hand then slung it on his. He smiled wildly at me. I just stood there, glaring at him. “Start walking, sister.”

 

……………………………………………………….

 

“OH.OUR.GODS.” I stood at the entrance door, speechless. “Since when did we have a HUGE hall like this?!” “A while ago.” Kyuhyun muttered. My jaws dropped as I fancied those colorful wirings hanging on the ceiling. There was even this huge silver ball hanging on top. Then, here and there were round tables about the height of my waist. People were all on their semi-formal clothes, some were eating while others talk. The background music’s kinda loud so I talked to Kyuhyun mentally. “Who made all of this?” “Some creatures, I guess. Probably the criers asked them to do so.” Oppas have vanished in the crowd, while Kyuhyun and I continued to walk.

 

I almost fell when the floor beneath us suddenly trembled. Fortunately, Kyuhyun wasn’t ignorant enough to let me stumble. “Who did-“ “Hey!” We turned around to find two guys smiling at us. “Did you like it?” The shorter one asked. “Like what?” Kyuhyun raised a brow at him. “My greeting! I stomped my foot awhile ago, so that the floor trembled, causing you to turn around..” D.O. pointed at his foot. *Stupid!* “Oh really. THANK YOU then. I really APPRECIATE it!” He just chuckled at my sarcasm. “Woah! You can use that tremble thing on my sister every morning so that she’ll wake up early!” Kyuhyun hi-fived D.O. “Shut up, will ya?!” I rolled my eyes at them.

 

“You’re dress perfectly suits you..” The taller guy complimented then grinned at me like HELL. *Oh not again!* I just smiled at him then mentally whined at Kyuhyun. “This guy always scares the crap out of me! He grins like a creeper from space!” “You like it, don’t you?! Might as well I paralyze that face of him!!” Kyuhyun was about to lift his hand but then I stomped on his foot with my heels. “Ow!!!” He yelped in pain. *Serves you right, jerk!* “What’s the matter?” D.O. asked.

 

To get myself out of trouble, I quickly excused myself, and told them that I wanted food. I bowed to the two men then glanced at my frowning brother then walked away. “I do love my sister as hell!” Kyuhyun slowly went on because of his aching foot. D.O. and Chanyeol were left dumbfounded, shrugged it off, then went to find their brothers.

 

……..

 

I was having a hard time, deciding what to eat. All sorts of food were laid on a long wooden table. I was about to grab this cup-sized cake when I felt a tap on my shoulder. There stood in front of me four ladies on their black dresses.

 

“Minji-ah! Good to see you here!” Jessica exclaimed with a twinkle in her eyes. “Same to you, unnies.” I smiled at them. “Your dress is so pretty! Can I borrow it sometimes?” Yoona squealed, causing us to laugh at her. “We got our dresses at the same shop, so we all look gorgeous!” Yuri proudly announced. “Here she goes…” Seohyun chuckled at her. (Yoona has the power of speed while Jessica is a doppelganger.)

 

“Oh, by the way, have you met the visitors from Exo? I heard that they’re extremely gorgeous!” Yoona clapped in excitement. *Don’t include that bastard Sehun!!* “Yeah, I haven’t seen any handsome faces for a while, except Minji’s oppas.” Seohyun glanced at me. “Aren’t they supposed to introduce themselves by now?” Yuri then looked through the crowd, probably hoping to see the guys.. “Oooh…someone’s being impatient.” I . “Do you want me to multiply to look for them?” Jessica laughed out. Then, a familiar voice shut the entire hall.

 

“Welcome everyone! I hope you’re having a good time right now, but if you may, I would like to ask for your attention. In behalf of Rhunes’ criers, I would like you to welcome our dear visitors from Exo.” The Exo guys went on stage, one by one, while everyone happily clapped their hands. “Looks like your prayer awhile ago has been answered.” Jessica playfully hit Yuri. The girls kept on clapping and eagerly listened to the guys’ speech. Leeteuk mumbled something to Suho then left the stage on them.

 

“Thank you for the warm welcome. Shall we introduce ourselves?” Suho smiled at the crowd. Then the introductions went on. They just stated the same thing back at the white room. “I’m this and that…I control this and that…and blah blah blah.” The people once again clapped after their speech.

 

“Taeyeon unnie is calling for you guys.” Hyoyeon told the girls then glanced at me. “Oh hi there, Minji!” She smiled at me and I waved at her. “uhm..guess we’ll be seeing each other at the dance floor later. Unnie’s calling us.” They waved at me then went on the other side of the hall. I was about to search for my oppas when I felt a tight grip on my wrist..

 

 

 

“Found ya!” *not again!* “So what if you did?!” I rolled my eyes at the stupid creature smiling at me. “I had a hard time looking for you through all these creatures so I asked hyungs if they have seen you. Baekhyun hyung is the only one who answered me since the others didn’t seem to hear me at all and Sehun didn’t even give a damn. Hyung said that I should go look for the most beautiful girl here then I’ll be able to find you. At first, I didn’t believe him but now that I’ve found you…..Nah! I still don’t believe him!” Kai laughed out. *I admit I blushed upon hearing the word ‘beautiful’* “Okay, thanks for the speech! See you around.” I tried to let go from his grip but he tightened it instead. “What now?!” “Would you mind going with me to our table?” he asked. I was waiting for him to laugh, thinking that I will fall at his prank but seriousness was plastered on his face. “Why would I?” I raised a brow at him.

 

“Uhm..get to know each other?” “Play games on me, you mean!” I glared at him. “Please..” Kai pouted. *So the cocky bastard back at the white room is now acting cute and all just for me to say yes?!!* “Whatever.” “Is.. that a yes?” “Uuuu…” I pretended to think and stare at the ceiling. “I saw your brothers busy talking to the other guests, so might as well come with me or.. die here alone.” He smirked again. *So no one’s here to take me away from this idiot?!!* I sighed. Guess I have no choice. “Start walking, idiot.” I walked off first, hearing him smirked at me. *I know you would give in. I’m Jong In after all. No one can resist my charms.* Kai mentally praised himself then went on to follow Minji.