Fast Food

Alien Bunnies' Invasion!

 

Walking on the streets after a hour, you find your patience being tested once again by the aliens behind you. It was not that bad at first, but as time passes and the weather gets hotter, you were beginning to feel frustrated with the aliens.

 

"Food food food." Zelo chanted continuously beside you. "Noona. FOOD."

You rolled your eyes. "Don't you feel sick of repeating yourself again?" You chided, trying hard to ignore the maknae and focus on getting back to the bus stop towards home. There is still 2 streets away.

 

"Nope." He pouted. "ZELO IS HUNGRY~"

"Yeah, us too." Himchan whined. "We need food."

You let out a sigh. *They're just like a giant babies.... *

 

Suddenly, Daehyun stopped. His eyes scanned around the proximity like an animal who was observing its environment. Carefully, he sniffed the air. His eyes enlarged twice it's original size. "Food!" 

The rest of BAP stopped too. They whirled around. "Food?" Suddenly, they spotted a little girl walking out of a shop with a hamburger in her hands. Jongup swallowed hard at the unknown edible object on her hands. The aroma was tempting.

Slowly, BAP approached her. You frowned. *What are they doing?*

 

Shocked by the few big oppas staring at her burger, the little girl quickly fled away. You face-palmed. “You guys are scaring her! Stop doing that!”

“What was that? C-Can we eat it?” Himchan asked curiously. But his expression had already given you an answer that even if you say no, he would want to have a go.

“It’s just a hamburger.” You did a face and ignored them. You continued your way but in a blink of an eye, Yongguk was standing right in front of you again.

 

You took a startled step back. “W-What?”

“We want to try this Earthling food.” Yongguk ordered. “Lead the way, Chaeri.”


You flashed the plastic bags on your hand and arched an eyebrow. “But we’ll going back home now… We’re eating dinner at home, remember?”

 

Youngjae came over and snatched the plastic bags away. “We can save that for next time. I want this ‘hampugle’ for dinner.”

 

“Hamburger, Mr Smartass.” You corrected. “Araso. Then we shall have Macdonalds for dinner then…”

“Yeah!” Without even waiting for you, Zelo had already dashed into the shop excitedly. Jongup smiled widely and followed behind the maknae. The rest went after them, unable to contain the smiles on their faces like little kids.

 

You pulled a face. *Seriously, what’s so great about Macdonalds? Tsk.*

 

Once you entered the restaurant, you found 2 empty tables and they sat down around you.

Zelo tilted his head to the table beside him. He saw a happy meal which the small kid was eating. The small transformer figurine on his hand caught his attention. “Chaeri Chaeri!” He tugged your sleeves. “I want that!”

 

You gave him a ‘WTH’ look. *You’ve gotta be kidding me…*

“You want a Happy Meal? You’re too old for that, Zelo.” *Considering you are an alien with maybe few hundred years old…* You quietly added in your heart.

 

Everyone in the restaurant started to glance your way. They were curious how such handsome guys surrounded you when you looked normal. And most interestingly, these guys behaved like children.

 

*Argh… All these attention…* You buried your face in your palms. You hated all these attention from everyone. And BAP was making it worse.

 

“I’m going to buy the food now. You guys just stay here, okay? Don’t do anything silly.” You reminded with a hiss.

Grabbing your wallet, you stood up from the seat and made your way to the counter.

BAP continued to stare intently at other people’s food and swallowing hard in their own saliva. The people who were enjoying their hamburgers, began feeling uncomfortable under their gazes.

 

One by one, they shifted further away from the table, leaving a big awkward gap away from BAP.

 

“What’s taking her so long?” Yongguk asked. He folded his arms and shut his eyes coolly.

 

Himchan looked up to watch you queuing up for your turn. “I think… she needs help. Those Earthlings are blocking her way.”

 

Yongguk frowned. He shot Daehyun a look. “Daehyun. Go help her out.”

 

“Yes, Captain!” He saluted and marched your way.

 

You blinked when Daehyun stepped in front of you. “Why are you here?” You automatically asked.

 

“Are these people blocking you?” He pointed at the queue in front of you.

 

“Eh?” Unable to understand his question, you stared at him blankly.

“Do you need me to clear them away?” Daehyun continued.

 

The people who were queuing in front of you whipped their heads back. “What are you saying Mr? Don’t you understand what is queuing? Get in the queue.” One ahjussi spoke up.

 

Your cheeks flamed up in embarrassment. For that moment, you almost wanted to strangle Daehyun. You did a bow to that ahjussi. “Anniyo! Sorry! My friend is a bit weird today. Please don’t mind him.”

That ahjussi coldly nodded before turning back to the counter. You heaved a sigh in relief.

 

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Why are you apologizing to him?”

“Ya!” You snapped. Daehyun stepped back in shock. His big eyes stared at you, bewildered.

 

“Jinjja! Argh. This is a QUEUE. Understand? Whoever comes first, buys first.” You gritted your teeth and ignored him.

 

Daehyun’s head lowered.

 

*…. Were my words too harsh? I mean… he’s an alien… and he doesn’t know anything about Earth..* You felt his silence and began to wonder.

“Daehyun... I-“

 

“You really look like Milo when you’re mad.” He suddenly interrupted. Daehyun looked up again with his eyes squinted to a half moon shape. He was smiling all along.

 

That moment, you felt like stabbing yourself for even feeling guilty for a second. *OMG… I’m such a pabo to think that aliens will think like human…*

 

Daehyun grinned widely. His hand went up to your head and patted it. Just like how he patted his pet rabbit.

 

You stiffened at his touch. It felt warm and comfortable. But suddenly, something came into your mind. *Wait, he isn’t really treating me like his Milo… is he?*

 

With a red face, you shoved his hand off your head and faked a cough. "Stop it, it's our turn now." You looked away.


Daehyun stared at you innocently, not knowing what did he do wrong.

 

 

Finally, it was your turn and you ordered 6 hamburger meals with a happy meal for Zelo. Fortunately, Daehyun was there to help and he helped you with carrying the food back to the tables.

 

“Food!” Zelo’s eyes sparkled at the happy meal in front of him. He picked up the transformer toy and studied the toy curiously.

 

You shook your head and smiled slightly. If it wasn’t for Zelo’s built, you would have thought he was just a baby. “Let’s eat.”

 

“So how to we eat this Earthling hamburger?” Youngjae warily asked, not wanting to do anything stupid beforehand.

You smirked. *Mr Smartass asking for my opinion?*

You then straightened up and put on a fake ‘professional’ pretense. “You need to tear open the box, grab this burger with both hands and bite it like this.” You demonstrated it once and bit onto your burger. “Mmmm. There. Try it.”

 

“Oh, that’s easy.” Himchan commented. The rest nodded in agreement and joined in. Carefully, the members took out their burgers and have their first bite of Earthling’s hamburger.

Yongguk chewed the burger with an emotionless face. After a few seconds, he froze. His eyes widened.

The rest of BAP had the same astonished expression on their faces. They gaped at the hamburger.

 

“This taste heavenly!” Youngjae gasped. The rest nodded eagerly.

 

You chuckled. “Heavenly? Serious?” However, looking at how they enjoyed their food, you realized that the hamburger in your hand seemed to taste better than usual.  “Oh Jongup, there’s sauce at the corner of your lips.”

 

Jongup paused. He looked up with a confused face. “Yes?”

 

 “Sauce. Here.” You pointed at the corner of your lips. “Wipe it.”

“Huh?” He tilted his head.

 

“Aish.” You took a napkin and wiped it for him. Jongup froze in shock. His eyes rounded.

“There. All clean. You aliens really need to take care of yourself.” You blew a raspberry.

 

Jongup felt his cheeks heating up. Your action had caught him by surprise, making his heartbeat quickened unknowingly. He lowered his head and tried to focus eating his burger while peeking at you occasionally.

 

“I’m thirsty from all these food.” Himchan complained. “Do you have some water to drink?”

“Try this.” You pushed the cup to him. “It’s coke.”

 

“Coke?” Youngjae took the cup and sniffed it. “Is this even drinkable?”

 

“Of course.” You took your cup and sipped from the straw. “Mmmm. See, no poison. Haha.”

 

“Good! I’m thirsty!” Himchan quickly snatched the cup and in a big mouthful of coke.

 

His face turned pale when he swallowed the drink down. He went stiff with his eyes almost popping out.

 

BAP noticed his reaction and all of them panicked, thinking that Himchan must have been poisoned. Everyone immediately crowded around him.

 

“What’s wrong with Himchan?” Yongguk grabbed your wrist and yelled. “What did you feed him?!”

 

“What?! It’s just a cup of coke!” You could not understand what happened. “You won’t die from drinking coke.”

 

“You are gonna be dead if anything happens to him.” Yongguk muttered as he let go of your wrist.

 

You rubbed your aching wrist and bit your lips, feeling a bit worried. *Aliens can’t drink coke?*

All of a sudden, Himchan sat up. He looked energized, a total transformation from his pale state just a moment ago. Everyone jumped back.

 

Zelo curiously leaned towards Himchan, trying to check if there was anything different. “Hyung, are you alright?”

Himchan stared at you wide-eyed. “What is this drink?”

 

“Coke?” You took a step back, feeling a bit frightened. *Why is he staring at me like that? So scary…*

 

Yongguk could not understand it too. “Himchan, why are you like this?”

“Captain!” Himchan smiled widely. “This drink is amazing! It just shoot up to my brain with chills and I feel so refreshed now.”

“Really?” Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows in suspicion.

“Yes! Try it!” Himchan pushed his cup to Yongguk.

 

Carefully, Yongguk took a small sip. Suddenly, just like what happened to Himchan, Yongguk went still and his pupil enlarged. Seconds later, he blinked and shook his head to clear his mind. His smile grew, up to the extent that you thought he must have hurt his mind. Weirdly, Yongguk was looking a bit too excited. “Woah. This is… amazing.” He gasped.

 

And the same thing happened to the rest of BAP. All of them became lively and excited. As if they were high on drugs.

 

You frowned. *Don’t tell me…. Is this called, sugar-rush?*