Cohabitation

Alien Bunnies' Invasion!

 

It was a typical hot day. And the aliens are lazing around your huge air-conditioned living room, leaving you alone at the balcony, hanging the clothes under the glaring sun.

 

“HAHAHA. Humans are so stupid!” Laughter exploded in the living room as they watched a weekend variety show on the TV. 

 

You threw them a glare from outside and pressed your mouth into a firm line.

 

Despite it was your habit to do the household chores in the house as usual, you felt unfair to be the only one doing all of it. Even though the aliens named you as their slaves, you will never acknowledge to it. Even if it means you will die. *I am not gonna live like this forever!* You tossed the shirt back into the laundry basket and picked the basket up.

 

“Ya, you aliens!” You stormed in and shouted at them.

 

They all whipped their heads at your way, startled.

 

Yongguk was the first one to react to your usual ‘disrespectful’ behaviors. He furrowed his eyebrows. “What.”

 

“Why are you guys able to sit there and watch TV while I do all the house chores?!” You snapped. “This is unfair, ok? You’re living in my house and couldn’t you guys have the courtesy to help me out?”

 

“No.” He simply replied. “First, I guess you have forgotten that we had already took over your house. So this house is now ours. Second, you are supposed to work for us.”

 

“Oh yeah?” You gritted your teeth. “Then fine. Since you guys won’t work, I shall not cook tonight.”

 

“What?” Zelo gasped. “Andwae! I want to eat my omurice! Chaeri, you said you will make it for us tonight!”

 

“No. If I do all the chores myself, my arms will be so tired that I can’t cook anymore.” You faked. "Zelo, will you help me out?" 

 

 “Okok! I’ll help you!” Zelo quickly offered. He had been waiting to try out omurice since the day he saw it on the television cooking programme.

 

“I'll help you too, Chaeri.” Jongup joined in. He was feeling a bit bad because he thought his hyungs were really mean to you.

 

*Aha! Gotcha!* You hid your smirk behind your innocent face. “Great! Come help me with the clothes then.”

 

“Ok!” The two of them immediately took the basket of clothes from your hand and headed out to the balcony.

 

You lifted your chin at Yongguk and smirked cockily.

 

Yongguk narrowed his eyes. *This woman.* Suddenly, within a flash, he appeared right in front of you.

 

You got a shock and took a step back towards the wall. Yongguk seized the chance and cornered you with his arm.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” You put on a false front and stared at him straight.

 

“Nothing.” He grinned when he sensed that you still fear him.

 

“If nothing… Please move away.” You mumbled. It felt uncomfortable to be so close to his face. You could almost feel his breath sweeping on your face. You turned away.

 

However, Yongguk did not know what was wrong. He was just beginning to feel it fun to be teasing you because he had never seen this side of you before. You seemed afraid, yet not. He wanted to know what kind of ‘human’ reactions would you give if he continued with his small prank on you. “What if I don’t?”

 

“Then…” You shut your eyes.

 

 

 “YAH!”

 

 

Suddenly, what you did, caught everyone off guard.

 

 

You, without warning, banged your head against his.

 

 

“OUCH!” He jumped back and cupped his wound. He stared at you, bewildered. “Why did you just do that?”

 

“Ouch…” You rubbed your aching forehead and glanced at him. “I’ve warned you already. Don’t think that I am that weak a girl.”

 

“You earthling…”

 

“STOP CALLING ME EARTHLING!” You complained.

 

Yongguk blinked, a bit startled.

 

Youngjae and Himchan giggled at the side. It was quite refreshing to see their captain being like this.

 

*Looks like this Chaeri could be quite a warrior character.* They both thought at the same time.

 

***

 

After dinner, it was time for your regular TV series on the TV. Leaving the dirty utensils on the basin, you rushed to the living room and changed the channel.

 

“Noooo.” Himchan and Zelo cried when you switched their sport channel.

 

“It’s my turn now.” You reminded and sat down on the couch between Daehyun and Youngjae.

 

In the drama that you were always watching, this episode was about the male lead having a car accident while on his way to propose to his girlfriend.

 

“Noo….” You sobbed as you watched the girlfriend rushed out to the road and to her bleeding boyfriend.

 

You wiped your tears, feeling so sad. “Why… He should have been more careful. Why didn’t he look at the coming car? Don’t die….” You cried.

 

Meanwhile, everyone else in the living room was staring at you as you were absorbed into your own drama world.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Youngjae frowned. “Why is she even crying over a TV show?”

 

Daehyun had no idea. “She is crying because that guy died? Does she know him?”

 

“Earthlings are just weak.” Yongguk commented.

 

Jongup saw your tears still rolling down, he felt upset too. He did not like to see you cry. He quickly handed you another piece of tissue.

 

“Thank you.” You gave him a grateful look. 

 

"Why are you crying, Chaeri?" Zelo shifted closer, curious what made you cry. 

 

"Because it's sad. They were lovers but they got separated now... Isn't it sad?"

 

The aliens stared at you, clueless. Human emotions were far too complexed for them to comprehend. Back in TS planet, marriage was betothed by the King. As long as the males and females reached their legal age, they will be paired up by the King. Love was just through ual needs, and the males were often away from home due to war.

 

To these aliens, nothing is more important than making sure their planet thrive.

 

"What's so sad about separation?" Yongguk scoffed. "These are just useless feelings. The girl is just too weak. In our planet, none of our females would cry when the males leave the planet."

 

 

“I’m sleepy.” Zelo yawned, feeling bored watching soap dramas. “I shall go off to bed first. Good night.”

 

Slowly, one by one, everyone left the living room to retire to bed. Only you and Jongup remained watching television.

 

Just then, a kiss scene happened in another drama which you were also watching.

 

The scene caught you off guard and you immediately stole glance at Jongup beside you. Knowing that there was only both of you in the room, you felt even more embarrassed. Your face grew red but Jongup was oblivious. He was confused with the actions between the male and female.

 

“What are they doing, Chaeri? Are they fighting or something?”

 

Being the underage in TS Planet, Jongup was not taught with anything about male and female relationship.

 

“Huh!” You avoided his innocent eyes. “N-No… They are… erm… showing their love for each other.”

 

“Love?” Jongup tilted his head and stared at the 2 main leads kissing.

 

Feeling awkward with Jongup all of a sudden, you stood up and turned off the TV.

 

“We should sleep.” You mumbled and hurried back into your room.

 

Jongup watched you left and pondered to himself. *Love? What is it?*