Chapter 6

The Girl I Love

Chapter 6

Taemin’s POV


I’m still at the classroom doing my assignments and outline the important details that we’ve discussed earlier. I’m so upset, because I thought Rin and I would do our homework together but she said she have to edit her novels.

I asked Hyunki to do our assignments together but she said she just finished it up before she came out from the room. Hyunki asked me earlier if she can join me here while doing my homework but I refused it.

Taemin, you are so stupid! Why did you just done that? You just said yes and then there you are with Hyunki. That was your chance! Aish!

Suddenly, my phone beeped I just received a text message from Hyunki! I grinned while reading her message for me.

From: Hyunki ♡
To: Taeminnie Oppa

Taemin oppa, r u through? Come on let’s go home. I think there’s only two of us who’s gonna walk 2gther Palli! I’m at the hallway.

I replied to her with a big smile on my face. As you can see, I’m so excited to walk with her, just the two of us.

Alone.

To: Hyunki♡
From: Taeminnie Oppa =)

Okay, I’ll b ryt der! W8 4 me ok?

I can’t describe my feelings right now. Happy? I think more than that. I kept all my books and notes in my bag then I sling my bag over my shoulder. I ran as fast as I can.

I turned left and saw Hyunki waiting for me at the bench with an earphone in her ears. I tiptoed to her thinking if I could startle her but I change my mind.

I went to her back then I put my palm over her eyes. She then took her earphones off.

“Who’s this?” she asked immediately. I tilted and whisper in her ears.

“Guess who,” and she smiled.

“It’s Taemin oppa!”

I smiled. I was going to take off my hand from her eyes but she suddenly held it then she took them off. I felt that an electricity came up to my nerves and I felt my face was turning so red now. I don’t know what to do. I stood there like a statue and didn't move at all.

She kept her phone into her pocket then grabbed her bag and went outside. I watched her walked away while wind hit on her face and on her hair.

I muttered “Wow,” behind my breath. She is indeed beautiful. I feel like I’m going to faint.

She stopped then, she glanced around. I think she’s looking for me? She turned around our eyes met then she smiled. I swear I was going to pass out very soon.

“Oppa!!! Why are you still standing there? Come on, let’s go home!” she shouted.

I came back to my senses, shook my head and came towards her with a silly smile on my face.

Hyunki stared at me weirdly.

“What? Is there something on my face?” I asked.

“Nothing, silly! It’s just... your smile just now was creeping me out what’s with you today? Huh?” she starts to walk and I followed her.

“Earlier, you’re like a statue there. You froze! Then, now you have that silly smile. And, I really don’t like it,” she chuckled. Did she say that my smile earlier was silly? Is it too silly?

                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We start to talk to random things, we laughed so hard. Then we laughed again like a crazy person who got out from the mental ward. Suddenly, we passed at the ice cream stand. She dragged me then we run towards the stand.

“Whoa~ ice cream! I’m craving for it,” she smiled. She took out her wallet and buy one vanilla and one chocolate flavor.

“My treat! So don’t worry, here.”

She hand me the chocolate ice cream, I took the ice cream from her then I slightly bow down to her. She paid the boy then thanked him.

“Let’s sit there,” I pointed at the empty bench.

“Ne!” she walked happily with her vanilla ice cream. She took a and a satisfied smile formed on her face.

“Thank you again for the ice cream,” I spoke.

“No problem, I am craving for ice cream today,” she smiled cheekily.

I start to eat the ice cream and I was thinking if I should confess to her, now? Well, we’re all alone there’s no one going to stop me, or disturb this wonderful moment!

I clear my throat trying to speak again.

“Hyunki-ah?” I spoke.

“Yes?” she answered. She’s concentrating on the ice cream, eating it happily.

“I’m going to tell you something,” she looked at me then starts to eat her ice cream again.

“What is it Taemin oppa?” she stops eating and her eyes were fixed at me, waiting for me to tell something.

“Uhm... it’s like this... we’ve known very well, ne?”

She nods.

“We’ve met when we were kids, right?”

“Uh-huh,” she nods again.

“Wait! What’s with these kids and met thingy? Just say it. I want to know what you’re trying to say,” she said with a irritating tone.

“Okay, fine! Hyunki-ah I like-“

“HYUNKI-AH!!!!!!”

Someone cut my sentence. I saw Rinrin with Minho hyung running towards us. Hyunki stood up with a smile on her smile.

They hugged then Hyunki whisper something to Rinrin’s ears, I and Minho high fived

“What are you two doing here?” Rin asked.

“Oh, actually we’re heading home but we passed by an ice cream stand. So we stopped here for moment-“

“To buy ice cream? Aigoo, Hyunki you’re obsessed with ice cream these past few days. How many times should I tell you that you have to stop eating that it’s not good to your health....” Rin starts to nag Hyunki.

Minho hyung and I looked at each other then smiled all of a sudden. Hyunki was trying to say something but she can’t talk because Rin won’t stopped from nagging.

Minho hyung nudge me then he whispered.

“Are they like that all the time? or just now?” I shook my head.

“Nope, Rin was always like that to Hyunki, when Hyunki was doing something that Rin doesn’t like. Then, Rin will scolds and nags at Hyunki... wait, does scold and nag was the same? Or they have different meaning?” I wondered.

“It’s so different Taemin. They have different meanings,” hyung chuckled.

“I think so, I think it’s because of the P.E class earlier. So, how’s Rinrin?” I bluntly asked. He smiled at me.

“What?” I waited for his answer.

“She’s great! She’s funny, cute, jolly, caring, and cute, oh! Did I already mention cute?” he blushed.

“Yes, you mentioned cute already. Why you two came here? Is it just an accident or you just passed by? Aish, I didn’t make my confession to-“ I stopped from talking. Did I just say confession?

“Confession? What confession?” he startled a bit.

“Oh, nothing. It’s nothing. Did I say confession? That’s nothing,” he stared at me for a long time now. And it’s quite irritating.

“What?? Stop that, okay?” he chuckled then pats my back.

“Aigoo, okay I will stop now. I’ll take Rin home now...”

“So, that you can continue to confess to her,” he continued and whispered to my ears. I stiffed in my place.

“Good luck, ne? Fighting! You can do it,” he ruffles my hair then he stood up and came towards to Rin.

“Ah, Rin-ah. I thought you’re gonna buy something,” Rin jumps and then she get her bag and drag Minho hyung.

“Aigoo, aigoo I forgot!! Hyunki, I'll call you later, ne? Go home safe!” she waved at us then we wave in return.

Hyunki turned to me with a smile on her face.

“So, you were saying earlier? You like what?” my mind went blank. I thought she forget about it.

“Oh! That? uhmmm ... I said that I like .... I like y--,” she raise a brow at me.

“Like what?” she asked irritatingly.

“I like y--- I like STEAK! You know that, right?”

Aish, darn! If it’s just Rin didn’t come along I think I should have said it. She tries to hold back her laugh but then she can’t hold it anymore. So, she burst into laugh.

“Aigoo... oppa... I know that you like steak! Not just like it, you love it! I thought you’re going to say something else,” she’s still laughing holding her tummy.

“So, cooked for me, I want steak for dinner tonight,” she suddenly stopped from laughing. Her face turns into a serious face.

“Pardon? Cooked for you? Ask your Key umma to cook some for you. He will definitely cook it for his only son,” she playfully pinched my cheeks.

Seriously, that serious face of her is scary.

“Aish, I wish that appa won’t let umma cook chicken for him,” I pouted my lips.

“Appa? Chicken? Does your appa hate chicken? And your appa is not even here in korea,” she raise a brow at me.

“Not my appa! The other appa,” she’s still raising a brow at me. She’s confused.

“Since when you have two fathers, you didn’t tell me that you have a step-father. But, your mom and dad haven’t divorce, ne?” I burst out laughing.

“First, my mom and dad weren’t divorced! And why should they divorce? Second, I don’t have a step-father and I don’t want to have one. Third, my “appa” is Onew hyung don’t you know that?” we stopped at the front gate of my house, trying to unlock the gate.

“Okay, you’re freaking me out. So, that sangtae boy was your appa? And your umma is Key oppa? Whoa~ omo, since when? Why Key oppa didn’t tell me about this?” she’s pretending that she’s sad, pouting her lips out. But I ride along to it.

“But, it has been 4 years ago now. He didn’t even told you that he had a son, a cute son that looks like an angel that came from heaven, a gift for them? Omo, I won’t talk to him ever again!” Hyunki burst to laugh and wipe the tears from her eyes.

“Can we please stop this already? I want to go home to cook that steak for you. You better change, then go to our house for dinner your mom is not there after all,” I’m shocked about the steak. I’m only just kidding, I didn’t mean that.

She patted my shoulder and go away.

“Yah, come to our house okay? For dinner! Don’t forget it, I’ll kill you if you don’t come!” she warned me.

“Yeah, yeah I will! Don’t worry!” I wave to her and went inside. I scratch the back of my head feeling unsatisfied.

That was the chance to confront her about my feelings and then someone appeared out of the blue who interrupted my wonderful moment with her.

I can’t believe this! I have the guts to tell her what I felt for her. Where did I get that brave aura earlier?

I collapsed to my bed feeling stressed out. I immediately get up and change my clothes because I just remember that Hyunki’s waiting for me. If I didn’t come she might kill me.

I rushed to my cabinet to get some clothes, trying to put on the clothes as soon as possible.

I reached for my phone that was at my bag. I unlocked it and I saw three messages just now.

From: Mom
To: Taeminnie

Baby~ I’ll be home late tonight. There’s food at the fridge, I cooked your favourite dish the steak =) Eat early, okay? I love you~

I think I’ll bring that steak to Hyunkis’ then, and it’s only one big steak. I grab the steak out from the fridge and then I put it at the table then wrap it.

I close the message that my mom sent me. I opened the next message it’s from my Key Umma.

From: Key-umma ♡
To: My Baby

Taeminnie-ah! Are you at home now? Palli! Come here and eat dinner here. Hyunki is cooking steaks. I know you love steaks =) I’ll wait for you. =)

After I read Ummas’ message I opened the last message. It’s from Hyunki!

From: Hyunki ♡
To: Taeminnie oppa

Yah! You better arrive soon or I’m going to kill you! Peace =)

I smiled at her message, she really make me smile. I grab the steak from the table and off I go to Hyunkis’ house.