Trapped 11

Trapped In A Gangster's Love

 

“Zico killed his girlfriend.” U-Kwon said.

“What do you mean Zico killed Jaehyo’s girlfriend? I have known Zico oppa for years now, I know that he may be mean and a jerk but I know for sure that he is not someone who would do that. I have known him ever since I was a little girl, he was from the same orphanage as I grew up in so I know what’s he is like. He will never do that, especially to a girl.” She defended.

“I didn’t say he killed her okay? I mean, yes, maybe he did. I don’t know. No need to get all defensive.” U-Kwon said in an annoyed tone, jealous of how the way Hye Ri talks about Zico.

“Tell me what really happened?” She asked, not sensing U-Kwon’s annoyed tone.

“I don’t know. I wasn’t there. Ask Zico himself since he’s the one with her at the time she died. No one else knows what actually happened except him.” U-Kwon glared. “Can we please not talk about this anymore?”

“Does Jaehyo know about what really happened?” She asked, ignoring what he had just said.

“No.”

“Then how can you blame an innocent person for killing someone when you don’t even know the truth?”

“Zico? Innocent? Since when was that guy innocent?” He almost let out a chuckle.

“Why are you so, I don’t know, so hard to talk to today?” Hye Ri noticed that his laugh wasn’t really a laugh but more of a mocking laugh. “I didn’t know guys had days when they are totally annoyed in every single thing.”

“Nothing.” U-Kwon sighed. “God. You are so dense.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She shot a glare at him but he just ignored her comment.

He suddenly grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the room. “Where are we going?” She asked.

“To investigate.” He said.

“Investigate what?” She asked completely confused as to what he was saying.

He lead her to the hallway where Jaehyo’s study was located and turned left, making them end up in the odd looking door that Hye Ri wandered around the other day, the room that belonged to a girl named Sojin.

Just then she realized that the girl was probably Jaehyo’s girlfriend, that is probably why U-Kwon told her not to ever go to this room and the reason why Jaehyo suddenly got mad at her for no reason when she brought the name up.

“Sojin, she’s Jaehyo’s girlfriend.” U-Kwon said and was just about to open the door when she stopped him.

“I thought you said never to go in this room?” She asked.

“I know.”

“Wouldn’t Jaehyo get mad at you if he finds out you brought me here?” She told him but he just ignored her and finally pushed the door open.

She was greeted with the same surroundings when she first saw the room. It was still the same, nothing changed and it seemed like the room was never touched ever since the owner left.

“Jaehyo never went in here after she died. He couldn’t bare the pain that he was taking so he blamed Zico. He blamed for her death. That’s what I think.”

“What are we doing here exactly?” Hye Ri asked, curious as to why U-Kwon brought her there.

U-Kwon didn’t answer her and just sat down on the bed. Hye Ri walked towards the table and found pictures inserted in the glass of the table. One picture was a picture of Sojin and Jaehyo. And the rest was her and everyone, including her brother Taeil, Zico, and Kyung. But one picture was different from all the group pictures, they were all laughing as if the photo was a candid shot. Zico was laughing out loud and the rest except her, she was looking right at Zico with a shy smile.

Hye Ri then wondered if Sojin secretly likes Zico ever since or if Sojin liked Jaehyo first and couldn’t help herself falling for Zico instead.

Hye Ri opened one of the table drawers and found a notebook, she took it out of the drawer and scanned through its contents.

“I think I found her diary.” She said and showed it to U-Kwon as she walked towards him.

She sat down on the bed and opened it, U-Kwon inched his face closer to take a peek. She read through the pages and most of them were about her dates with Jaehyo. She flipped through the next page.

 

Dear Diary,

I don’t know why.. but I suddenly started having feelings for Jiho.. I know it’s wrong and unfair for Jaehyo but I couldn’t help it. I just suddenly started liking him. He’s always good to me.. he’s always there when I need someone to count on. Why do I suddenly like him..? I’ve never see Jiho as a man other than just a brother.

Maybe it’s because I don’t trust Jaehyo anymore.. Maybe it’s because he started giving less time for us.. Maybe it’s because he’s always on his phone and not even giving any time for his girlfriend.. Maybe it’s because I feel like he’s cheating on me with another girl.. Maybe it’s because I just don’t love him anymore..

 

She turned to the next page and there it was written that she had confessed her feelings for Zico but he turned her down, saying that he didn’t want his friendship with Jaehyo to break just because of her and he also told her that he didn’t have any feelings for her since he liked another girl. There, Sojin expressed in her diary how embarrassed and how heartbroken she felt.

Hye Ri flipped to the next page, curious as to what really happened between the three.

 

Dear Diary

It’s my birthday today.. but Jaehyo seems to have forgotten such an important day again.. He even forgot our two year anniversary last week.. We were supposed to go and see the waterfalls..

He called me a while ago saying that we couldn’t get to hang out today either saying he was busy with some things.

Maybe he’s sick of me already..

Maybe everyone is sick of me already..

Should I really just leave this world..?

 

Hye Ri quickly flipped through the next page but there was nothing more in the next few pages.

“What is it?” U-Kwon asked, seeing her scanning the pages.

She finally looked up to him and said, “I think Sojin killed herself..”