Make Me an Offer

Angels and Demons: Those with Wings

"Describe what it was like when you accessed them," Xander demanded gently, urging the boy to try to figure out which part he was.

Dongho thought for a moment. What did it feel like? "I was in a lot of pain. I felt like my head was literally splitting in two," he recalled.

"Yeah, that happened to me, too," Xander said, "What else?"

"Well, I don't know!" Dongho exclaimed, "What was I supposed to feel?"

Xander sighed, heavily, while running a hand through his hair, "For me, the Eye, I felt like it was going to burst. Like Lucifer's part was trying to stop me from seeing the memories,"

Dongho thought some more. He couldn't be the Brain, since there was no such thing. He supposed his nose and ear did bleed so he could be the Ear--but he also supposed the cause of the bleeding could very well be the strain of pushing past the blockade.

Then, he realized something. His chest got tighter. He couldn't breathe. It felt as though his heart would stop beating.

...Could he be the Heart?

"Xander, I--"

"Actually, don't say it out loud. I know what you are, now," he said, cutting Dongho off, "If you say it out loud, the angels might hear it," The younger demon simply nodded, and didn't say anything else on the subject.

Besides, what could he say?


 


 

Kevin slept the next day, and none of the angels could really blame him. Kiseop wasn't feeling well, either, so he decided to stay behind, too, in case Kevin woke up. He didn't want the poor human have to wake up to an empty house after what he'd just been through. And, no angel could really complain for Kiseop's staying home, either, since the demon poison was slowly spreading. Now, the only blonde that was spared was a few strands right at the fringe. And his right eye was completely black; along with a few flecks spreading to his left one.

While laying on his bed-- which he found very comfortable, by the way-- he started thinking. As of right now, the demons were winning. No one could know what Kevin would be like when he woke up. He could stay the same, or he could slowly change, the poison inside of him festering and growing more evil day by day.

Kiseop thought that he could be the indicator. He didn't really feel any different, other than the fact that his face still burned a little bit, and he couldn't really hear out of his right ear. Other than that, he was fine; still an angel.

But then again, Kevin was technically a demon now. Maybe this would wake up his true nature? Kiseop could only hope for the opposite.

He rolled over onto his side, his left ear straining to hear any signs of life from Kevin's room. He had to close his eyes to concentrate. Curse Lilith-- she made him half deaf! And now his whole sense of placement was off.

Hearing nothing, he turns back over. Only to run right into Kevin's face, peering over him.

Kiseop nearly jumped out of his skin, and shot up to a sitting position, "Kevin, you scared me!" he exclaimed, placing a hand to calm his erratic heartbeat.

Kevin's head tilted to the side, "Scared?" he smirked. His angelic smile was long gone-- now replaced with a demonic one. Kiseop's eyes widened in fright. He figured he was just imagining things. Kevin was still half asleep; that could be the only explanation.

"Yeah. Don't sneak up on me like that," he sighed, hanging his head.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, yet not sincere. There was that smirk again, "I should tell you beforehand, huh?"

Kiseop gulped, suddenly very nervous, "Y-yes..."

"Alright then!" Kevin exclaimed, a little too brightly and forced, "I'm going to strangle you now~" he sang. His hand shot out and tightly gripped the young angel's neck, cutting off all air flow.

Kiseop clawed his arm, trying to break free, but Kevin had a new found strength within him. He was not the same; he wasn't normal. He was a monster. A true demon. A fire flared behind his cold black eyes as Kiseop slowly slumped down, not dead, but definitely down for the count for a few hours.

Kevin seemed to frown in disappointment for a brief moment, until he found what he'd been trying to accomplish. Kiseop's eyes opened, quick as a lightening flash, and at the same moment, he pushed Kevin; sending him flying into a wall. The force left a good sized dent, and the person laying on the floor simply smiled.

"Ah, here you are," he greeted, as if encountering an old childhood friend. Kiseop felt strange. He felt good. He felt stronger. He felt--

Pain.

He screamed out, a terrible agony tearing through his flesh. His wings were growing in; stark black and raw. As soon as it started, though, it was over. Blood spilled everywhere, black feathers floating around in the dark liquid. Was he...

A demon now?


 

When Kiseop came to, a few hours later, all the other angels were in a lifeless pile beside the front door. Kevin stood over them, smiling in delight. Kiseop simply looked terrified.

'Oh, don't worry Kiseoppie," Kevin soothed in a sickly sweet voice, patting the angel's head, "They're just passed out. Should be awake by tomorrow,"

They stared for a while. Kevin stared at Kiseop's face, wondering why he hasn't said anything yet. Meanwhile, Kiseop stared at his friends, wondering how Kevin could have got so bad.

But, he supposed he was in for a worse fate.

"Hey!" Kevin snapped in the young angel's face, making him look very frightened at the once gentle boy, "Are you listening to me? Get your head out of the clouds, boy," he cackled at his unfunny joke, standing straight up.

Kiseop frowned. Was he a Fallen now, too? He didn't ask for this. He was completely loyal to the angels; in fact, the only reason this happened to him was because of the angels. If they hadn't sent an inexperienced trainee on an important mission, Kiseop would have had a human to Guard by now. And his wings would have been pure.

He couldn't say anything. The poison must have affected his vocal chords. But, it's not the only thing it's infecting, Kiseop noticed. Now, his thoughts revolved around Kevin.

Killing Kevin.

For making him this way. For making him a demon, for being a stupid human that got himself into this mess. Why couldn't he fight off Lilith? Why did he pass out, the weakling, after his wings grew in?

Why did Kiseop care enough to let himself get sacrificed by Lilith, to get her off Kevin's back?

Kevin seemed to read his mind and he smiled, "That's it Kiseop. Kill me. You know you want to," he coaxed, standing wide open for Kiseop's murderous access.

He literally jumped at the offer. He tackled Kevin to the ground, hands at the ready to tear the human's head off. He straddled the submissive boy, glaring down at him with pure hatred. He lifted his hand, ready strike, but it never happened.

He couldn't do it.

He just couldn't. His hand wouldn't cooperate, his mind screamed 'No!'.

He couldn't kill his creator.

Kevin laughed out loud, "Go on, Kiseoppie! Do it," he was still giggling, as the attacker's arm shook, trying to move, but not having the strength. When he finally got it to close around the victim's neck, Kevin looked surprised.

"You could get this far? I'm impressed," though, he didn't seem too worried that his head was about to be ripped off, "Now, Kiseop. Get off me,"

The angel instantly obeyed, though he wasn't sure why. He wanted nothing more than to tear Kevin's head off at that moment, but now it was gone. Replaced by another order.

"I created you, so you're my servant. You have to do whatever I say," Kevin said, "Isn't that right, Kiseop?" Kevin smiled cutely, though the pure black in his eyes could not be mistaken as innocent.

"Yes, my Lord," the words came out of his mouth, and instantly, he knew this order. Only speak when spoken to.

These weren't just orders. They were commands.

Kiseop is now Kevin's puppet. He is not allowed to hurt or kill his master. But, it would seem that Kiseop is a good follower, as Kevin put it, since he almost succeeded in killing him.

"That's it, Kiseop," he smiled, "Now, let's go. We don't have all day, you know,"

Sauntering out the door, the young human-demon hybrid laughed once more before beckoning his servant once again, "Come on, then,"

Kiseop bowed deeply, after rising to his feet, "Yes... my Lord,"


 


 

Dongho looked around the small shop. Something was off about this whole town lately, and he was a little more than concerned. He suddenly became very suspicious of everyone he crossed, be it a male or female, old or young. Anyone could be an angel, coming to tell him that he was now part of their army.

Not that he didn't find it appealing-- he did. But if the angels lost this war, which was looking very likely, based on what Lilith has been reporting to Xander, then he wouldn't have a home to go to. Hell would shut it's gates to betrayers like him, and Heaven would be gone, anyway.

He had always wanted to be someone special, someone that the angels wanted to have on their side. Maybe then, he could have a good word put in for himself. He would be able to become the one of the creatures he so desired.

But now that it was an option, it scared the Hell out of him.

All of the 'what if's of his current situation floated around in his mind as he tried to decide on a good processed cheese for the demons to eat.

What if the only purpose of the Heart for the angels was to have just that; the Heart? What if they tore it out of his chest? What if they wanted nothing more than to kill him? The High Angel could find a way to kill him, that he is sure of.

But, then again, what if they turned him into an angel? His dreams and hopes would be answered. He could live where he's always wanted to live. The city of Heaven.

That is; if the angels win.

Actually; if the angels win; he'd live on a perfect Earth. Everyone would, even Satan. The realization hit Dongho very suddenly, very unexpectedly.

He'll never live in Heaven.

And, suddenly, he had nothing left to fight for.


 


 

Soohyun walked, unsure exactly where he was headed. Perhaps he was going to find Kevin. Or, perhaps, he was going nowhere at all. After all, the angel was still in a daze from the attack all the angels went through when they arrived at Kibum's house.

He tried to remember all the important events. Kibum's mom was missing, as well as both of Kevin's parents. Kibum said that his dad had never been around, and his brother was in college. So anyone that they could possibly turn to was gone. And they needed to find Kevin, before the poison spread through to his whole body.

Kiseop was with him. No one knew if the young angel could be saved. The last they checked; the poison showed no signs of stopping its pursuit into his bloodstream. Plus; his wings had already grown in impure. Kevin's were innocent, at first, then they got tainted.

Soohyun, mourning the possible loss of one angel, stepped into a grocery store for no particular reason. It was a quaint, pleasant, little shop, with organic foods and homemade recipes. Soohyun decided that it would be okay to stay here for a little while, just to clear the haze in his brain.

Whilst browsing selections, he heard an almost jovial tune run through his brain. It was recognizable, and definitely familiar to the young angel. A song they used to play in Heaven to small children, in order to calm them.

It rose to a crescendo, something Soohyun did not recognize. In fact, the tune changed completely, up to a point where Soohyun thought he had imagined the nostalgic song from his younger years.

He looked around, and saw that other shoppers heard it, too. It was coming on over the PA system; and others looked confused at the speakers hanging from the ceiling.

Suddenly, he knew what the song meant.

The High Angel is coming.

The building shook, and the lights flickered from on to off; the only thing that remained consistent was the song playing overhead. Soohyun screamed, falling to his knees, and covered his ears as a voice interrupted his brainwaves, and his wings sprung out from his back in response to it.

"Find the Heart. He's here,"

Eyes wide, he got up shakily and searched. A picture flashed through his mind, one he knew well. He smiled, and went to find that demon. The one he first met.

Dongho.

The music was playing a game of 'Hot, Cold' in his head as he walked around. The closer he got to Dongho, the louder it got. If he took a wrong turn, it grew significantly softer. The windows burst, showering glass everywhere, when Dongho was in his sight. Some of it cut the parts of Soohyun that were uncovered, but he couldn't care less.

The demon was lying on the floor, overwhelmed by the celestial presence. Glass covered his back, cuts appeared on his arms and face.

Now crawling, Soohyun's ears were bleeding from the sheer volume of the hints given to him. Any human here would be deaf by now.

"Dongho," Soohyun's voice could not be heard, no matter how he screamed. He touched the demon's leg, in an attempt to wake him. As soon as his hand came in contact, the noise stopped, replaced by a ringing in both their ears.

Soohyun sighed in relief, but wondered what he was to do, now that he had whom he was looking for. Dongho was passed out, too, so it would be even more troublesome if he had to bring him somewhere.

"Good job. Stay there, I'll come soon,"

Soohyun could only lay his head down and wait for the High Angel to make her appearance.


 

A hand touched his forehead, rousing him from a dreamless slumber. His eyes fluttered open to rest upon a very beautiful woman, albeit a little aged. She looked to be about sixty in human years.

"Soohyun, you've done your job. You may go home now," she smiled, "Only, don't tell anyone what you've experienced here. They must not know whom the Heart is,"

Soohyun blinked groggily, trying to comprehend the words being thrown into his eardrums. Home? As in Heaven? Does he get to go back to Heaven?

She laughed, almost heartily, and shook her head, "I'm afraid not dearest. Heaven is not ready for you, yet. Go back to Allen's house. I'm sure you'll find everything back in its proper place,"

Kevin? Was Kevin back to normal again?

Reading his thoughts once more, she shook her head sadly, "No. Kevin is beyond our reach, as of now. As well as Kiseop,"

Soohyun nodded and slowly rose to his feet. He would leave the store. Obviously, she wants to have a private talk with Dongho.

As soon as the slightly beat-up angel was out of ear shot, the High Angel placed a hand on the demon's forehead. His eyes opened, pure black and wide. He was glaring defensively at the old angel.

“Now, now. Don't feel threatened,” she sighed, “Put your demon eyes away. I'm here to help,”

In one blink, they were gone, replaced by his deep brown irises, that were slowly lightening into a gray. She smiled confidently down at Dongho, observing the change he was going through.

“Well... Just as I thought,”

He looked questioningly at her, “What do you mean?”

“You're becoming pure in my presence,” she explained, “Your hair and eyes are becoming lighter, just as a angel's,”

The demon furrowed his brow, letting his confusion show. She sighed heftily at him.

“You don't honestly think that's normal, right?” he didn't say anything, “When you stepped into Heaven that first time, you were purified. You are the Heart, Dongho, as I'm sure you found out,”

“What does that have to do with anything?” he asked, sitting up to become eye level with her.

She explained how, if a normal demon stepped into Heaven, it would stay the same. Nothing, she said, could touch the impurities of a demon. But Dongho, when he did, he started to purify. That isn't normal, apparently.

“The Heart of Lucifer was truly and unconditionally loyal to the angels. So much so that he would kill any threat. He saw humans as a threat,”

Suddenly, everything made sense to Dongho. If he was the last loyal part of Lucifer, Satan wouldn't want to go back to Heaven. That's why he hasn't. His heart hasn't grown back, and even if it did, it wouldn't be loyal any longer.

And, it also explained why he had always secretly wanted to be an angel. The Lucifer part of him wanted it. His heart wanted it.

Now, that beating in his chest meant something different to him.

“I'm here to make you an offer,” she smiled.

And Dongho was all ears.