Tinkerbell

Angels and Demons: Those with Wings

A bright light came into view; startling AJ. He had never seen anything quiet as bright before, except maybe in a hospital. Ah... For some reason... He was remembering his last night alive, as a human. Someone, he couldn't remember whom, had found him nearly dead in his room.

Looking down at his wrists; he still saw the scars.

Suddenly, another angel appeared before the pair. AJ thought that she held a high respect, judging by the way the Reaper that escorted him here looked shocked by her presence and immediately bowed.

“H-High Angel...” she said, her head low with respect. “What brings you here?”

She smiled softly, nodding to her Reaper that she could stand. “I'm here for him, of course.” simply said, yet confusion ensued.

“Him?”

The High Angel nodded, gesturing toward AJ. “The demon, of course. Thank you for bringing him here today, Maria. Your reward will be great.”

AJ suddenly jerked away from the reaper; eyes wide with shock.

Maria.

She simply glared at him and pulled on his shackles. “Come on. The High Angel is a busy woman.” she spat, as if sparing her words for him was a horrible offense.

However the older angel seemed to be greatly amused by the demon's reaction. “Don't you recognize her, Jaeseop?”

His head snapped toward the sound of his human name. “Don't you dare call me that.” he tried to lower his voice, he really did. But his eyes had become beady and his urges animalistic. “I'll tear your ing heart out.”

The silence that followed was eerily peaceful. Maria was quite shocked, while the High Angel simply smiled down at him. AJ's breathing had become sharp and uneven, and he leaned forward as if he were ready to pounce. And he might have; had his hands not been chained behind his back.

Maria pushed him harshly from behind, causing him to fall to his knees. The elder angel quickly whisked him, barely letting AJ spare a glance behind him. But when he did look back; he immediately wished he hadn't. Maria only glared at him, her hands balled up into fists at her sides and her long hair hiding some of her expression.

He didn't need to see all of her face to know of the pure hatred etched into it.

“You must not know exactly why you're here.” the angel next to him spoke, drawing his attention just in the slightest. “And why I'm treating you so well.” a soft laugh fluttered past her lips, practically making AJ sick to his stomach.

He just wanted to leave this place. He was never really into the whole 'pearly white gates' thing and he didn't see a reason to think otherwise. “No, I don't. Mind explaining why?” he silently scoffed, shuddering lightly as the angels they passed bowed to their 'Holy One'.

“You're connected to something great, whether you realize it or not. And we have a proposition for you.”

With those words, AJ became suddenly cooperative. He smirked, knowing he would soon get his own way. “Whatever you say, lady.”

She gave disapproving side glance to the demon, a small frown on her face. “I would appreciate kinder tones, demon. After all, we pretty much own you right now.”

AJ smiled forcefully at her, knowing her to be right. “Or course... miss.” although he spoke through gritted teeth; it sounded fairly genuine to be coming off a demon's tongue and intended for an angel's ears.

“Good.” she opened the door to a small, modest building and sat him down at a long table. “Now that there is a mutual respect established here, we can get down to business.” her smile failed to light up the room, in AJ's eyes, and only seemed to damper his mood even more.

However, he forced himself to be somewhat civil in his reply. “Why am I here, exactly?”

She smiled. “You're in relations with someone we need. Baligha, I believe her name is.”

AJ simply turned his head with confusion, not completely intrigued with her words. He didn't bother to be defensive anymore; curiosity overrode his sharp tongue. “Baligha? What does she have to do with any of this?”

The High Angel uncharacteristically sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. “Please don't make me explain the intentions of our race to yours.” a pointed stare was thrown to AJ. “We have something you want and you have something we want. Is there anything else to really work toward?”

AJ-- the smart and witty AJ-- didn't have a reply. He only nodded, signaling that he would tell them whatever they needed to know. After all, heaven granting any one wish you have is a pretty damn tempting offer.

“We need to know everything you know about her. But, most importantly; do you know where she is now?”


 

Bright lightening illuminated the sky for the third night in a row, signaling to those wandering the streets that they should find shelter-- the soft raindrops falling from the sky revealing that it wouldn't be too long before a downpour ensued. But the two demons, placed in an inconspicuous alley way, didn't seem to mind or even notice. Their hushed tones paid no heed to the booming thunder and certainly did nothing to delay their conversation.

“What do you mean?” Dongho asked critically, trying to discern her meaning and which parts were lies and which were truths.

“I mean,” she began, her voice slightly muffled behind the mask she wore, “Satan is pissed and he's convinced it's your fault. If I were you I'd hide.” she scoffed, picking at the underside of her fingernails.

Dongho glared slightly, wishing she would just get to the point. “Is this about Kyoungjae? Because I had nothing to do with that bastard.” he spat, fists clenching at his sides just from the thought of the now angel.

She scoffed yet again, accompanying it with a roll of her eyes. “Try telling that to him.” she dropped her hand, cocking her head to the side. “Look, kid, I'm just trying to help you out, here. Believe it or not, I do care about you.”

Dongho chose not to believe those words. After all-- she was the Tongue. Any words rolling past her lips could be fact or fiction. Trusting her was simply impossible-- or rather; stupid. “Okay, I believe you that Satan is after me, but why should I worry? There's no way of him ever getting up here to actually do something about it.”

Even though her lips were not in present sight, he could see the smirk on them as she leaned closer, the fabric of her black mask illuminating like a creaky blub with every open and close of . “Ahh, now that's where you're wrong.”

A sudden pang ran through his chest, causing him to fall to his knees; the female soon following; clutching and gasping. Though, she actually laughed. Laughed! She laughed and cackled, tearing off her mask as the light in grew dimmer.

“It's here! It's happening!” she shook Dongho's shoulders in delight, pulling him into a hug. Dongho's heart felt like it was going to burst. “The final ten, what we've all waited for!”

“What the are you talking about!” Dongho nearly shouted, in pain as his heartbeat sped quicker.

“Until the last feather falls, Dongho.” she giggled, replacing her mask and outstretching her wings for flight, despite the now pouring rainfall.

Dongho, still confused on why he hurt this much, passed out from the pain.


 

When Kevin came to, there was a light throbbing behind his eyes. He could hear the rainfall on the roof and a light snoring sound beside him. He looked up, smiling when he saw Kiseop. But he immediately frowned when he remembered what he did to him.

Allen!

He immediately shot up; eyes searching around the room for his friend. He immediately spotted him, wounds healed but not gone, sleeping soundly behind him. There was a kink in his neck and he began to work it out with the pads of his fingertips.

He stood, walking about the room and examining his surroundings. He noticed several gray feathers littering the floor, and he bent down to pick up a rather long, whispy one. He dragged his finger across the length of it, feeling the soft texture of it and smiling; recognizing it as Eli's feather.

Slowly, he started remembering everything that happened before he passed out. Looking back behind him; he noticed that he had two wings. One pure, snow white, and the other a deep gray. He frowned a little, upset that they didn't match, but he figured it was better than being fully demon.

But... He supposed that's exactly what he was.

“You're wrong.” an unfamiliar voice spoke behind him. He immediately turned to the sound, meeting eyes with a tall woman, dark hair, dark eyes, and dark wings contrasting her soft, gentle features. Her smile was strained, as if she were dealing with a certain amount of pain.

“What?” was all Kevin could muster. He hadn't been thinking out loud, had he? And even if he had; what had he been thinking that was wrong?

The woman chuckled slightly, feeling the feathers of Kevin's wings gently. “You're not a demon. Not really, anyway.” this enticed quite a bit of confusion from the smaller male.

“Then what am I?” he tilted his head.

She shook her head. “That's an unimportant technicality; what's more important is that you won't waste away with the rise of Satan.”

Kevin furrowed his brow. Oh, how he was tired of always being the confused, clueless one. He sighed. “Please explain... But start with telling me who you are.”

She laughed out loud, throwing her head back. “Oh, sorry for my bad manners! I'm Veda.” she smiled, “But you may know me as the Ear of Satan.”

Kevin nodded slowly. So this made sense; black, feathered wings. He didn't know what he was thinking before, but it was clear now. “Veda..?” he recalled hearing the name, or word, before, but he didn't quite know where.

She nodded. “Like the Hindu scriptures, yes. It means 'wise'. Satan named me.” Veda suddenly shook her head and laughed. “And you're Kevin; the Wing.”

He nodded pleasantly. “Yes. It's good to meet you.” so far, Veda was the only one he met of his own kind; the only pure demon. But, according to her he wasn't a demon...?

She smiled. “You're the only one that can defeat Satan, now.” she stated simply. “You're the only one of us left unaffected.”

Kevin furrowed his brow and tilted his head. “Why? What's going on?”

“Lucifer is about to complete his fall. We're all the way down to the last ten feathers.” she seemed to frown, before continuing. “But you... You were not formed in Hell. The Wing fell to the gray area between Hell and Earth. That makes you a faerie.”

Kevin paused-- trying to hold in his laughter and failing miserably. “A... A faerie?” he chortled, throwing his head back

She did not share his humor. “Most faerie are evil little tricksters, and they vary in size. But some are kind and thoughtful.”

“Like Tinkerbell.” a snigger escaped his lips.

Allen, who had just awoke and hadn't bothered to make the fact known; sighed and shook his head. “You do realize you're calling yourself Tinkerbell, right?”

Kevin snapped his head toward Allen, who stretched lazily on the floor. He frowned. “I always liked her... What's wrong with that?”

“Should I get you the outfit?” Allen laughed out loud, standing slowly; not before waking the young angel beside him. Kiseop hummed groggily and rubbed his eye.

Veda could only spare confused glance back and forth between the two bickering humans.

“What's Tinkerbell?” Kiseop asked suddenly, breaking all three from their revere. The young angel sported a small pout and wide, confused eyes. “Is that a profession?”

Kevin laughed again, clutching his stomach. “N-no, Kiseop...” he stuttered out. “It--” he couldn't finish his sentence.

Allen clapped a hand on his shoulder and shook lightly, chuckling a bit himself. “Don't worry about it, Kiseop.”

Veda, deciding to ignore the outstretched outburst, shook her head and continued. “At any rate; the Wing is free from Satan's temptations and influence this way. And since the parts of Lucifer have already started turning as they regenerate on Satan's body; you're the only one that has hope of saving humanity.”

The young winged human-- or, faerie, he supposed-- paused at the sudden severity of the statement.

“Lucifer is completing the transformation to Satan; a full demon.”

Kevin gulped nervously.


 

A/N: Ahh, sorry for the lame ending.... I didn't know how to go on Dx 

Anyway, thanks for reading and staying with me after so long!! You guys are the best~