Kevin!

Angels and Demons: Those with Wings

Soohyun is about to meet the famous Kevin Woo. To say he was bouncing on the balls of his feet with excitement and impatience would be an understatement.

“What's he like, Kibum?” Soohyun's question seemed to bubble past his lips; coming out sickly sweet and with to much inflection at the end.

Kibum, however, looked extremely annoyed, “I don't know,” he sighed, exasperated, “He's just... normal,”

“Normal? But he's not normal,” Soohyun said, “He's very special. Anyway, is is harder to be a Guardian on Earth than in Heaven? Because I could see the pros and cons of--”

“I don't know!” Kibum nearly shouted, to get the older angel to be quiet, “Soohyun, I was born human. I didn't even have a clue what I was until I was eight,” he said, “They hardly tell me anything. I didn't know you guys would be here until you showed up,”

Soohyun said nothing.

“Where are we going to stay, anyway?” Hoon asked, breaking the tense silence.

Kibum ran a hand through his hair, “Holy beings or not, it's illegal for you to not be in school. You'll go to my high school,” he sighed heavily, “And my mom is a saint, so she'll most likely keep you guys until you have to go back to Heaven, or whatever,”

“A Saint?” Kiseop asked, eyes wide in amazement. The other two were wondering the same thing; a Saint on Earth today? Such a thing hasn't happened in over a century.

Kibum stopped to think for a moment, before laughing out loud, “Figuratively,” he explains, “Sorry. I should watch what I say around you guys,” still laughing, he led the trio down a street with row by row of identical houses.

They seemed to have passed a great many before Kibum decided on one. He walked up the steps, opened the door, and kicked off his shoes.

Sensing the others weren't behind him anymore, he turns to see them standing at the foot of the stairs. Kiseop stood at the front of the group, pouting at the bottom step as if it were someone who just took his favorite candy away from him. The two behind him looked skeptically at the house, as if they werewondering if it would grow legs and start walking.

“What are you guys doing? Come in,” Kibum said.

The three returned their gazes toward the invitation, eyes wide with questions for the host of the house.

“Why do all the houses look the same?” Soohyun asked, “How do you remember which one's yours?”

“I don't know,” Kibum answered, “I guess they just bulk ordered material? And mine is the fifth one down after the third turn,” he said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“What's up in that window? It has color on it?” Hoon said, still staring at the stained glass in Kibum's attic window.

“It's an angel. My mom put it in to watch over us,” He chuckled, “Ironic, right?”

“What's this thing on your step?” Kiseop asked curiously, bending down to get a closer look.

Kibum returned to take a look at whatever was offending the youngest angel, meeting him at eye level.

“That's just a millipede. Now come inside,”

Even though all questions had not been answered, the three obliged, hesitantly climbing the steps into the threshold of the home. Kiseop avoided the bug that upset him. Hoon carelessly stepped on it.

“Mom! I'm back from work!” Kibum shouted up the stairs. Following by example, the trio behind him put their shoes in the neat row, just as Kibum had.

“Okay, honey!” she shouted, from elsewhere in the house. Footsteps could be heard as she made her way to the group, “How was your da--” her words were cut off, as she took in the sight of her son, and three others behind him.

“You sure have a lot of friends, don't you Allen?” she smiles, after a small falter of silence.

“Allen?” Soohyun repeated questioningly.

“Yeah... That's my name,” Kibum explained, slightly assertive, so the other would know not to press it any farther.

“Oh! Right, right...” he covered awkwardly. Kibum's eyebrow twitched.

The woman gave her son a quizzical look, to which he eased with, “Ignore him. It's the blond hair,” and whisked her down the hallway.

“Do you guys want a snack, though? I was just about to make dinner, it should be ready in about forty-five minutes,” she rambled.

“No, that's okay mom. We were actually going to go over to Kevin's. I just wanted to change out of my work clothes first,”

“Oh, do they work with you?” she asked, referring to Soohyun, Kiseop, and Hoon.

The question was directed at anyone, really, so Hoon was going to answer it negatively. Just as he was about to part his lips, though, Kibum beat him to it.

“Yeah. We just recruited new trainees,” he lied, “They know Kevin and wanted to visit him,”

The other angels, scattered about the foyer, gawked at the young teen. He could lie so easily like that? For them, it never even crosses their minds to speak untruths, let alone carry out the action.

Well, if the liar was asking for back-up in his fib, he wasn't going to find it. All three mouths were sealed shut, lest their tongues be cut off like Lucifer's had.

“Well, we'll be going now,” Kibum stated awkwardly, heading back out the door without actually changing his clothes.


 

Kibum suspected that, if Soohyun were a normal human teenager, he would have been shifting from foot to foot going, “OMG, OMG, OMG,” repeatedly (possible fanning himself with his hands) as he rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer the door to Kevin's house.

But; the angel stayed silent, though excitement was clear on his face. After all, it was like meeting a celebrity to them, and one look at Hoon and Kiseop would tell you they had similar rouses.

Kibum didn't see anything super special about Kevin. He was just normal-- albeit, a little more kind and gentle than most of his age and gender. Whatever the angels have in store for him, it's likely to be big and great.

“Ah! Allen!” None other than Kevin Woo answered the door, hugging his best, childhood friend.

The 'Soohyun as a Teenage Fangirl' theater played in Kibum's mind once again, this time featuring a scream and fainting spell.

Kiseop was the first to speak, when addressed to by the gentle male, “Hello. I'm Kiseop,”

“Hi, Kiseop!” Kevin bubbled, “Where are you from? New students?”

Knowing that, if left unattended by skillful tongues, the question would be answered with, “I came from Heaven. I'm a Guardian Angel in training,”, Kibum answered for them.

“Yeah, they're starting school soon,” he interjected, “They're all cousins from-- err-- New Jersey,”

“New Jersey? That's far away,” Kevin said. The trio blinked. What was 'New Jersey'? Some kind of clothing shop? What did that have to do with where they were supposedly from?

“What brings you guys to California?” Kevin smiled, once again, to keep the conversation going, as he ushered them into the living room.

“We were sent on a very important mission here,” Kiseop said, “The archang--”

Kibum slapped a hand over the young angel's mouth, “What he means is that, uh... They're parents got a job here. Ha ha ha, isn't that great?”

Kevin looked at his best friend oddly, wondering what had gotten into him. “So, how do you know them, Allen?”

“Their parents used to live here, and were best friends with mine. I just met them recently,”

“I know you're lying, Allen. Tell me the truth,” Kevin said, forcefully.

Kibum sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“We'd have to start from the very beginning,” he said.


 


 

“Is this a good idea?” Hoon interjected, “I mean, the first rule of being a Guardian on Earth is to not let your human know what you are,”

“Leeteuk came to visit me, when I was eight. He said the time would come when Kevin would have to know, and that time would be when he demands to 'know the truth',” Kibum said, “And he's never asked for it before,”

“Really?” Soohyun asked, “I mean, this seems risky. Not only will he know of us but-- the adversary too. That could be dangerous,”

“Maybe that's better, though,” Kiseop said, “The more he knows, the better prepared he is,”

“Would you please stop talking about me like I'm not here and tell me the darned truth!” Kevin shouted, over the hushed voices of the quartet sitting on his couch.

“Okay,” Kibum sighed, “Firstly, my true name is Kibum,” he confessed, “Allen is my human name,”

“What do you mean 'human name'?” Kevin asked.

“I was originally an angel, Kevin,” he explained, “And these three are, as well. Only they weren't born human. I was sent down here to protect you, and only you,”

Kevin sat, shocked. Angels? Sure, he believed in them. But he never thought one would have been beside him literally his entire life. Allen was a year older than him; there wasn't a moment Kevin could remember where they hadn't been near each other. Their families had Christmas and went on vacations together. Allen was pretty much like a bigger brother to Kevin.

“We should explain a few other things, first, before we go into that,” Hoon said, “Demons exist, as well. I'm sure you've heard the legend of Lucifer, and his Fall, correct?”

Kevin simply nodded, too dumbfounded to speak.

“Well, humans have it censored, a bit,” Soohyun took over, “When Michael banished him to Hell; he cut off a few pieces along with it. The most famous, in the celestial world, are his Ear, Eye, Wing, Tongue, and Heart,”

“There are others, but most knowledge of those pieces have been forgotten,” Kiseop said, “When these pieces fell to Hell, though, they grew into the first demons known to our universe. And because of the harsh environment of Hell; they bodies their grew were corrupted into nasty beings; save for their 'Angel' part.

“After that, humans were allowed to choose where they went after death. Lilith was the first human soul to be tortured into demonhood,”

“Wait, wait wait,” Kevin stalled, “Back to the pieces thing. He can live without a heart?”

“There is speculation that, without being on celestial grounds, he wasn't able to recover his missing body parts. But angels are immortal; so he still lives. It is also said that Satan can still use the parts, even in the demons,”

Kevin cringed at the last part, and stayed silent for a small moment. But, as if anger were building up inside him, he exploded, “I don't get why I'm special, though! Why do I get a Guardian angel?” Kevin sighed, exasperated.

“We'll get to that!” Kibum exclaimed, laughing, “Have patience,”

They continued explaining; about how there are billions of Guardians in Heaven, each assigned to a human. They explained how Kibum had been born as a human, and how he had come to know he was, indeed, an angel.

But, last of all, and most important, they explained why the angels wanted him, and why the demons wanted to keep him.

“It is said that the Wing, when cut from Lucifer, fell to Earth instead of Hell,” Kiseop said, “And that it took many, many centuries to form, not having the rapid growth factor in Hell,”

“And the Archangels think that it might be you, Kevin. They think you may have been formed from Lucifer's last truly pure body part,”

“And that is very special,”


 

A/N: God, sorry this >.< But at least it was useful, right? It was mainly dialogue, and I think I rushed it :/ Ah, well.

DoraDora was awesome, right? I loved the MV! Plus the tracks 4U and Tick Tock were AMAZING. I don't know why people didn't like Tick Tock... I like it just as much as Tick Tack...

Anyway. Thanks for reading :D Please comment and subscribe~