Prologue

Angels and Demons: Those with Wings

Demons. Scary. Evil. Corrupt. Satan's advocates.

Common misconceptions. First of all; most have no direct contact with the Man Downstairs. Sure, he's able to communicate through supernatural telepathy, but it barely reaches his children. Michael made sure that Lucifer's fall would be his last. Tied him up with barbs and sent him to the deepest parts of the unknown.

But they didn't think an entire colony would spur up. Lucifer's skin was regenerating, so when he got a few body parts lopped off by his brethren during his Fall, they grew back. But his old ones grew a whole new body. These are known as pure demons, Satan's first. His innocent wings were degrading in the hole, not used to the acidic environment in the depths of the universe. But these children, born in this world, grew wings pure black and had eyes with pupils so big, there were no whites.

There is no light in Hell.

 

Angels. Beautiful. Honest. Intelligent. God's warriors.

All truths. After all, angels can't lie. But no one ever mentions the coldness of the beings. They weren't made to feel human emotions. True warriors, they accept orders and carry them out. If a war happens to break out, so be it. Just protect the Humans at all costs. But why? They don't question the Man Upstairs.

But anyone could tell that Humans are flawed. They hardly believe or worship God anymore. Not like they used to. They bend His laws to fit their own lustful needs and wants, corrupting the rest of the planet along with them. In some eyes; it would be best if the humans were gone.

It's this kind of thinking that caused Lucifer to turn into Satan.

Rebellious angels will eventually fall to demonhood. At least, that's what they teach at the academy in Heaven. Though it is true, they will never have another War in Heaven on their hands ever again. God doesn't ask for the angels' opinions anymore. Lucifer killed it for them all.

After all, God made angels as practice for humans. He already didn't like them enough before. He lost trust in his children after some tried to kill his 'perfect' beings. Lucifer's followers were cast to live invisible lives on Earth for eternity.

 

Humans. Imperfect. Selfish. Self-destructing. Mortal.

Yet so important to both sides. After the first demons were created, they immediately went to the Afterlife; a sort of limbo between Heaven and Earth, recruiting new souls to bring with them to their corrupt world. Since they cannot grant wings, though, the humans had to be tortured vigorously. Sickening, bat-like wings-- instead of feathered-- resulted.

Satan was very pleased.

Lilith was the first. By then, the angels were aware of who they were and what they were doing. They wanted to stop the evil beings, but they could not lie. They continued to grant humans free agency, allowing them to choose where they wanted to go. Of course, most still choose Heaven over Hell, at least now. But every now and then demons are able to persuade well enough. Demons are born in the 'hole'. They are tortured there, corrupted. Sent off to do Lilith’s commands.

Every demon wants to get a hold of humans angels keep special watch over, the ones destined to save the human race from upcoming disasters.

Like Kevin Woo. The face of innocence. The perfect picture of an angel.

Can the demons contort soul to something impure, persuade well enough so he makes the wrong choices? Or will the angels get their way and grant him immediately his archangel wings? Will he lead the universe into The Last Days, where both Heaven and Hell would be destroyed to create a paradise on Earth?

No one knows; for the prophecy doesn't have an ending.

 

And this, my dear, is where our story begins.