Heaven is a Welcomed Place

Angels and Demons: Those with Wings

Kevin stared in shock at Lilith. Did she really expect him to cut up his childhood friend? His Guardian angel? He already looked to be in so much pain... Could Kevin cause more?

He just couldn't bring himself to open Allen up, to peek into his insides.

“No,” Kevin interrupted Lilith's spiel about the different knives and daggers you could use for different things, causing the woman to turn, with a strange smile dancing across her lips.

“No? Alright, so that one is not for you,” she said, turning back to the arsenal. She knew what he was talking about, and it wasn't weapons. But she hoped the he would lose the courage to resist if she pretended she didn't know what he was talking about, “How about--”

“That's not what I mean,” Kevin said very shortly, standing his ground firmly, “I won't do it,”

She scoffed, “Excuse me? I think you'll do as I say,” she shot a challenging look.

“I can't. It's Allen...” he trailed off, eyes downcast-ed in premature guilt.

“Oh, please. The faster you get rid of weaknesses the faster you can be the King of Hell,”

“What makes you think Allen is a weakness for me?” he asked, “He's saved my life a few more times than I can count. Without him, you wouldn't have me,” he spat.

“Anything the adversary can use against you is a weakness,” she said, “Allen is weak. He could very well give away your whereabouts, just to save his own skin,”

Kevin thought. Who was the adversary? It couldn't be the angels; they were trying to get him out of this life of hit and dodge. He was supposed to save the humans, so they probably wouldn't care either way. But the demons were the only ones doing anything he didn't like to him.

After all, isn't Lilith using Allen against him now?

I won't torture Allen!” Kevin exclaimed tears pricking up at his eyes.

Lilith pursed her lips, “Fine. Choose one. Allen, or Kiseop,” her smile grew wider as Kevin's eyes flicked between the two, hesitant. Obviously, he didn't want either.

“I could make you do it, you know. I created you,” she smiled threateningly.

Kevin turned to Kiseop, his final decision. As his eyes filled with tears, he whispered, “Sorry, Kiseoppie...” and suddenly, his body was not his own. Lilith had taken over and she meant to spill blood.

“Don't be so weak, Kevin honey. Tears mean you're attached. If you get attached to anyone else, I'll have to lock you away so no one is around you again,”

More words of twisted encouragement come from her as he slices into his servant. Kevin thought this would be the lesser of two evils; Kiseop is an angel. He can't die. But Allen was human, technically. Torturing him would kill him, and he didn't want to piss the angels off anymore than they already were.

Kiseop didn't really care. In fact, he was only shocked at the fact that Kevin seemed to have snapped out of it. Snapped out of being this creature who was so not like him. His eyes were no longer pitch black-- the poison had died down and was fading to a grayed color.

The knife slid across his cheek, drawing some amount of blood, but Kiseop could not feel anything. How peculiar, he thought this was. No matter how distracted, he was certain that he would feel the pain of his face being torn off.

He could feel it-- now digging into the bones that framed his face-- but no pain was registered.

“Kiseoppie,” Kevin breathed, realizing it, too. It was a rule, in Heaven, that Kiseop recalled. Even though none of the Academy's students were humans, or would never be human, they still taught that no pain was felt while being cleansed by an angel. After death, or otherwise.

Lilith had noticed, too, breaking Kevin from his trance. The knife dropped to the floor, splattering blood on the bare concrete walls, long since stripped of wallpaper and insulation.

“Show yourself, angel,” she growled, “Reaper! Messenger!”

Kiseop's eyes flicked in recognition, Reapers and Messengers could become invisible on Earth. Then he closed the lightening irises. It felt so good... This warm pure light shedding upon him. Is this what it's like to be a whole, pure angel. He had pure wings... It felt so good...

“Tsk, tsk.” a voice chided, “I thought you might know better. Try again, think outside of the box,”

Lilith's mouth hung open in disbelief, “Fallen...” she whispered.

“Ding, ding ding~ We have a winner!” he said in sing-song, keeping a tight hold on the Tainted before him. He didn't have much time... “Besides, Reapers and Messengers wouldn't be able to bear the burden of all this poison,”

Every so often, a feather would fall from his already bare wings. up all this poison from Hell was causing his degradation to quicken its pace. He had to last until both angels were pure, or he'd become a full-fledged demon himself.

The 29th just fell, yet Lilith did not notice it.

“Kyoungjae,” she said warningly, “If you do this, you'll go back to Heaven. You do know that right?”

Kyoungjae did not say anything as the 28th fell next to the others.

“Now, I know you wouldn't want that. Don't you remember how they treated you? They didn't believe you, even though daddy was the culprit all along?”

Three feathers that were already weak detached together. 25 left, and not even a quarter of the way done.

“How they locked you up in that nasty cell, no company, no interaction except when they came to break your wings, so you could fly? Giving you that dream, that hope, of flying properly, even though they did not plan to let you out?”

           23...

“How they pushed you to insanity, almost praying they could come up with a way to kill you so your scum would not filthy up their precious purity?”

22.

          21.

                      20.

“And, when you fell, do you think they cared? Why would they? You're a criminal, in their eyes. Having you gone is better for them. The only thing you're missed for is an example. An example to all angels how wrong Lucifer was. How twisted, how evil, how merciless,”

Down to 15 and falling quickly. Almost half way there.

“But, you know different now, don't you? Lucifer is kind, gentle. He'd do anything for you, and you know that,”

          14.

“His little servant, cymbal monkey, drummer boy,”

13.

“He loves you, you know. Why would he hurt you? Keep this up, you'll be a demon. I see your feathers falling,”

           12,          11.

“Soon, you will be his son.” she sighed, tears forming in her eyes, “Is that not a dream come true?”

10.

             9.

                         8.

“K-Kyoungjae...” Kevin moaned, now pure. He slumped out of his grasp an down to the floor, white wings crunching beneath him.

                                         7.

                                                        6.

Kiseop had a bit more poison, set in deeper.

Lilith lunged for Kevin, no doubt meaning to taint him some more.

                                                                                  5...

                                                                                                4...

“See this, Fallen? Your efforts were futile,” she cackled, thinking she had won.

3.

“Kevin will be ours, and you will be a demon now, too.”

Kiseop slumped, as well, blood flow now returning to his injured cheek.

With 2 feathers left, he accomplished his mission.

He smirked, showing himself to the demon.

Stop talking.”

Windows shattered, the ground shook as a blinding light manifested around the building. Lilith screamed. Her eye sockets exploded with light as her back arched and a scream escaped her.

She writhed, a celestial presence killing her. Twitching, , thrashing. Blood spilled from as her insides were liquified.

Demons cannot live in the presence of God.

Kyoungjae closed his eyes, being purified instantly himself.

Come home, Eli.” the soft voice filled his head.

For once, he obeyed without a question or doubt in his mind.


 

Dongho came home, quite late, to a silent house. He thought this strange, since even at this hour, Kyoungjae and AJ would usually be up bickering over something. He closed the door very lightly, so as to not wake anyone that might be sleeping.

He hadn't come home much later than he thought, right? Where is everyone?

AJ was not in his room, nor was Kyoungjae. Xander was asleep, peacefully, on the couch. He sighed, walking back up the stairs to his own room. It was slightly eerie, to be in this home alone.

Help us, and we'll help you,” the voice was still fresh in his mind, “We've seen your heart's deepest desires. Join us, you'll be an angel,”

He wanted to agree instantly. But, if he did, who would be there for Xander? He had grown quite close with the older demon, always going to him with his troubles about Lucifer's memories. He had learned quite a few things, about Xander.

While in Hell, they thought Xander could have been the Heart. So they broke his wings, so he couldn't escape, and tried to cut the organ out of his body. Dongho had not been formed at this time, so he knew nothing of this. All others did, though, even Lilith. She helped.

When they reached his heart, though, and tore it out, they knew it was not him. The heart of Lucifer is made of light, much like his tongue. All they could see in Xander's chest was a pitch, black, nothing.

So they left him there to bleed. He could not move, and spent almost a whole century lying there while he healed. Satan tortured him the entire time; he had nothing else to distract himself with. Satan knew exactly what part he was, and still allowed them to do that.

Xander does not like Satan.

Dongho opened the door to his room, thinking of ways Xander could be useful to the angels, when he saw something shift in the hallway. In a split second, he was eye-to-eye with a short, slender woman. She smiled, pupils expanding the width of her whole eyeball, and opened to speak.

A white light blinded him, “Hello, brother,” she said.

The only thought he could muster was;

The Tongue is a woman?


 

You will be punished for your crimes,” the angel scolded. AJ scoffed.

Yeah? Okay, then. Torture me. Heaven doesn't have weapons like Hell does. Nothing you could do could touch me,” he spat.

What do you mean? No, that is not it. We will not inflict pain on you, demon,” she smiled, “We've seen your thoughts, your fears. We will strike you right here,” she tapped his forehead.

We will mess with your brain. We will take what you hate the very most, and make you live with it. In a strained harmony,”

They tried that. Now, there's nothing I'm afraid of,” he laughed, “You think you know fear, do you? You haven't even heard the word,”

She just kept on smiling, “You took my assignment. I was supposed to kill her differently,” the Reaper said, “We'll have Heaven decide what to do with you,”

AJ's brow shot up in surprise. They were taking him to Heaven? He did not expect that. He had to hide a smirk at this knowledge. Maybe he'd get what he'd wanted all along.

He'd always dreamed, as a human, that ghosts were real. He wanted to stay on Earth, but not be in it. He did like Earth; it's just that people .

So, maybe they'd cast him off, too, just like they did with Lucifer's army after his Fall. Maybe he could be a 'ghost' after all.

Well, he'd just have to negotiate well, if he wanted to get his way.

Fine, then. Let's go.”


 

A/N: OH, MAH GAH. It was hard to close up all the loose ends and not leave any >.> So, in the next chapter, I will mainly explain what happens with AJ. Since everything else, you can probably guess.

KISSME!!! VOTE FOR U-KISS HERE: http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/kpopcharts/u-kiss-believe/ It's our last chance TT^TT Hopefully, we will win! Just a few more hours...

Anyway, thanks for all your support ♥ This may not be the most popular fic out there, but my readers are just fantastic. I could not ask for anything better. I would rather have a not-well-known fic with tons of nice, supportive comments, than a featured fic with just 'update soon's. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (8 hearts for symmetry, lol)