Pilgrim's Kiss.

Unrequited Love

"Romeo and Juliet!" The English teacher had just announced the famous play that your class would be performing next Saturday evening. You groaned at the fact that everybody had to audition for which part they wanted. You just didn't want the part of Juliet, or any part that required talking. However, you had to audition since this was apparently a big portion of your entire grade.

"Let's all take a five minute break before reading the final act of the play!" You looked out the window and fantasized that you were Juliet and Woohyun was Romeo.
 

"O Woohyun, Woohyun! Wherefore art thou Woohyun?" 

"My lady, ~~~! You are the cheek of night, like a jewel. May I take your lips?"

"Certainly Woohyun." You and Woohyun were approximately one centimeter away from each other from kissing each other's lips when suddenly you heard, "~~~! ~~~!"
 

"~~~!" You opened your eyes while your lips still puckered and you found your English teacher shouting at you to pay attention. Your whole face turned a crimson pink since now half the class was trying to keep their laughs coming out. You made a face as you put your head down and waited for the bell to ring. As if on cue, the bell rang and you released a sigh as you made your way to the library.

----

You smirked like a madman as you sat in the corner of the school's library, thinking of ways to sabotage your own audition. On the other hand, Woohyun was with Infinite in the field getting surrounded by fan girls. 

"Woohyun oppa! I heard you're going to audition for a play! You could be my Romeo!" 
"Oppa! I wish you could rehearse with me for the audition!" 
"Woohyun oppa oppa oppa! I love you!"

The girls were driving Woohyun insane as he got the same remarks every time he was with Infinite. The minute they stepped in as the new seniors for Daegu High School, girls have been driving them nuts. Woohyun thought about the play and grinned to himself as girls started to faint when they saw his smile.

----

"Hehehehe." You were now insanely giggling to yourself while cutting out tissue paper and construction paper, preparing to fall off the stage and "getting hurt and bleed to death." Woohyun was in the front section of the library, looking for books based on Romeo and Juliet. Yes, he was going to audition for Benvolio, who was the peacemaker in the whole entire play. He wouldn't dare audition for Romeo since girls would be piling up the "Juliet pending list" so they could kiss him.

Woohyun was on his way to the Shakespeare aisle when suddenly he saw you cutting up bits of poster paper alone. He smiled to himself before making his way to you. On the other hand, you kept smirking on how your plan was going to be awesome. Get hurt while auditioning, get a good grade for participating and offering to be a judge, and pass the class easily.

"~~~ sshi." You turned your head around and you saw Woohyun leaning on a bookcase, looking over at what you were doing. You gasped under your breath and quickly took off the poster board that was temporarily glued onto you for whatever reason. You bowed as he nodded his head in return.

"Yes, Woohyun sshi?" You quietly asked.

"Whatcha doing?" You glanced at him and he was looking into your eyes, like the other day. You turned crimson pink again as you replied, "Nothing."

Woohyun nodded at your fake answer and suddenly came close to you. Your immediate reaction was to back away, but he kept coming closer to you. You finally came in contact with the wall and you gasped. "Woohyun sshi...what are you doing?"

"Hey ~~~?" You tilted your head as a response and he chuckled. You could smell his minty breath as he continued to speak. "About the English play, I'm auditioning for Romeo. I would like it if you would rehearse with me, with you being as Juliet."

Your eyes widened and you couldn't believe it. Should you be sad that Woohyun was auditioning for Romeo so the future Juliet can kiss him? Or should you be happy that Woohyun was asking you to rehearse with him?

"Um, uh. But I'm not auditioning for Juliet." Woohyun laughed as he finally leaned away from you. You let out a sigh when he started to fix his hair. "I'm asking you to help me practice, like you being Juliet and me being Romeo so I can ace the audition." 

"Erm, um. Why me though?" Woohyun broke out in a grin and replied, "Because you owe me for last time at the stadium."

----

You weren't sure what you owed Woohyun since you have never asked him to help you off the floor that time in the stadium nor have you asked him to clean your hoodie but you still agreed to help him rehearse his lines. You were actually in Woohyun's room while he was getting water, fanning yourself with the paper with lines since nobody was home except you two. 

"Calm down. Calm down ~~~. Just a rehearsal. Just practice." Woohyun opened his bedroom door and asked if you were ready to rehearse.

Woohyun cleared his throat as he began to get into actor mode. "Let's start from line 100."
 

Romeo: Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?
Juliet: 
Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.
Romeo: They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.
Juliet: Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.
Romeo: Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take.

 

Your eyes widened at the next line since the line said, "Romeo kisses Juliet on the lips." Before you could ask Woohyun if you can rehearse another section since it was getting awkward, Woohyun had placed his soft, pink lips on yours.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Author's Note: Eh, really wasn't feeling the beginning of this chapter. Some of you may think this story is not about one sided love but it will be soon. Please be patient. Please check out my newest fic, "Welcome to Utopia." starring you and Kim Myungsoo. Click here to read! The first two chapters are already up! I have exams this whole week, but I updated a chapter for ya'll ~ Thanks for the 45 subscribers. <3 And check out Infinite's new variety show on my tumblr!