Summer.

Unrequited Love

 

“OOF!” You blurted out as you took out the last bag of garbage into the dumpster.

You dusted off your hands and began to take your morning walk. Yes, you wake up at seven in the morning during the summer time to exercise. You didn’t have your iPod this time since your dog continued to bite it yesterday night and eventually shattered the screen, even though you scolded him.  

You were jogging down the block of your neighborhood with a bored expression. You decided to look around the neighborhood for once since you always concentrated on looking forward when running. Colorful bloomed flowers, tall and skinny trees, and the smell of a family BBQ aroused you. Your neighborhood was actually a nice neighborhood, compared to other parts of Seoul.

You continued running, still looking at people’s houses. You smiled when you saw little children chasing each other with a Frisbee. You might have looked stupid to them though. You were running while your head was turned fully to the right instead of the front to watch out for anything that gets in your way when running.

And boom. You just ran into a person holding 3 boxes at once. You got up from the sidewalk, rubbing your in the process since the boxes knocked you out after you ran into them.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was going!” you quickly said while bowing ninety degrees a couple of times.

You finally looked up and saw a guy who to you, seemed like he was in college. He was handsome. Do you think this was love at first sight? Your eyes gradually widened when you saw that he had the perfect jawline, the perfect nose, his soft looking hair and the fact that he was looking at you with a scary glare. You got taken back so you bowed once more and said, “Sorry please don’t yell at me. I didn’t mean for your drop your boxes. If you want, I’ll help you pick up everything.”

The guy finally responded back, “its okay.” You expected him to pick up back everything, but he was just standing there in front of you, staring at you. You took a step back and looked around you. You realized that you were standing right in front of your house.

“Well, I guess I’ll be going now. Once again, I’m very sorry!” you quickly said. Then you frantically opened your door and slammed it shut behind you with a bang, breathing in and out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

That same night, you were solving math problems in your practice SAT book in your bedroom. You didn’t get anything the book was asking you to solve. It was almost eleven o clock so you got up with a sigh and headed to the kitchen.

“Eat well.” You said to your dog as you handed him the bowl of dog food. Your dog pounced on the food like it was gold and you sighed, again.

You were living alone in your house that your parents paid for. They didn’t abandon you; they just didn’t care about you since they’ve given up on you. Your parents just pay the house for you. You started to get dressed to go to the 24 hour deli (whats up deli boy) that was near your house but something caught your eye. You looked through your bedroom window and saw a house where all the lights were on. You peeked to look at what was going on since their houses lights were beaming your eyes.

You didn’t see anybody so you just shrugged and took off your pajama shirt to put on a ‘I <3 NY’ sweatshirt. Right as you took off your pajama shirt and only your bra was showing, you were faced towards the window again and this time, you saw a person in the brightly lit up house. Your eyes widened and you immediately tackled the floor so the person didn’t see you half .

“Relax ~~~, relax. They didn’t see you yet.” You said to yourself. You dashingly changed while sitting on the floor, with your dog staring at you like a weirdo. You got back up as you blew your hair and saw the guy you bumped into before, staring directly into your eyes, through the windows.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was that day of the summer where you had to go back to school to get your new schedule for the upcoming year. You were also the principal's student assistant where you introduce the school to new transfer students. You got up with a wide smile on your face and began to get ready.

You arrived at school alone since your friends; Soyu and Jiyoon were already there.

"Nice to see you again Mr.Lee!" You bowed towards the main office's secretary.
"Nice to see you too, ~~~! How was your summer so far?" 

You thought about it for a minute. What have you been doing the past month except for SAT problems? You would stare at your neighbor's window, wondering what he was doing behind those curtains every night. You would see his shadow and you would just squeal at the sight of his toned arms and get excited when your neighbor opens up the curtains.

"Nothing." You cheekily smiled. 
"Ah, well here's the list of the new transfer students. You should meet them in the lobby." You gave a thanks to Mr.Lee and looked at the paper.

1. Kim Sunggyu (senior)
2. Jang Dongwoo (senior)
3. Nam Woohyun (senior)
4. Lee Howon (senior)
5. Lee Sungyeol (senior)
6. Kim Myungsoo (junior)
7. Lee Sungjong ( junior)
8. Son Naeun (junior)
9. Lee Jieun (junior)

 

'Eh, so much people.' you thought as you headed towards the lobby.

- - -

There, you saw the tall backs of seven boys and two girls who looked about your height. 

"Hello guys, I am ~~~, your tour guide today for Seoul High School!" you exclaimed as the nine transfer students turned around to look at you. You skimmed their faces and all of their faces looked like ulzzangs. Then, your eyes increased like bullets as you saw your hot neighbor, smirking at you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N : Hello everybody! It's p0kerface here. Hehehe. Sorry the first chapter is kinda, bad. LOL i'm bad with beginnings ):
And I'm barely used to this website so ya. :p

Thanks to downfallofusall(i love your cinderella story)Heuheu b2utyAinspirit and poohyun for being my first subscribers!!!!
chapter one = 1035 words