Warmth

One More Dance

 

"it's too cold, jonguppie." 

"ah, here have some of my blanket, hyung." jongup scoots over a little, lifting the blanket. he gives himchan a smile and the other boy returns it, sitting down next to the younger and shivering against his side.

ever since warrior debuted, the group has been busy and jongup's growth spurt has become more painful. moments like these though, where it's just him and himchan late at night, side by side, gives him the strength to smile after such a long day. and it wasn't because jongup likes him — no, of course not. it's because jongup likes the extra attention from his friend, maybe. maybe.

"what are we watching, jongup-ah?" himchan hums, resting his head on the boy's shoulder.

jongup would be lying if he said that didn't make him smile just a little wider. he's about to answer until himchan sighs loudly and makes himself more comfortable on the him. "you're so warm..." himchan wraps his arms around jongup's, nuzzling into the warmth. and how desperately did jongup want to be his only source of warmth at that given moment. let me be your sun.

the two watch the movie not-so-quietly. it's a romantic comedy and they giggle and make fun of the acting together, and jongup's on an ultimate high. he glances as himchan from time to time, biting his lip to see his smiling hyung and he feels the older boy tighten his hold on his arm. after a moment, jongup feels the grip loosen and he looks back at himchan, only to find the older boy has fallen asleep on him. 

ah. he should do something. but the movie's so good... it wouldn't hurt to have his hyung sleep on him until the movie ends, right? then he'll wake him up. jongup sits and watches the end of the movie by himself with a content smile on his face. 

but barely fifteen minutes from the end, jongup's head falls to the side, on top of the other boy's. the remote falls out of his hand and lands on the wooden floor with a loud clack, surprisingly not waking anyone up in the sleeping dorm. jongup sleeps soundly, enjoying the strawberry scent of himchan's hair and the warmth that's being shared between the two. 

at four am, yongguk enters the dorm quietly. he slides off his shoes and up an eyebrow when he hears the tv playing. ah, which dongsaeng is up late when they know they have a busy schedule tomorrow? he walks over and spies his boyfriend cuddling against jongup, and he narrows his eyes for a moment. as if he knew, himchan wakes up slowly and sits up to rub his eyes. jongup's body slowly falls against the older boy, and himchan looks at the younger, confused. 

"what are you doing here, babe?" yongguk asks, helping his boyfriend up and himchan leans into his embrace. 

"mmf, not sure.. i think jonguppie and i were watching a movie." himchan yawns and nuzzles his face into the crook of yongguk's neck, smiling at the familiar warmth. "what took you so long?" 

"i was at the studio, finishing up a song." yongguk smiles real wide and himchan laughs quietly as the older boy starts up a small dance and leads them into their room, leaving the sleeping jongup forgotten on the couch.

"you'll love it, baby..." 

"yeah? will you sing it to me?"

"i don't sing."

"hah, well we'll see about that...."

 

jongup can say that he wasn't disappointed when himchan hyung wasn't next to him when he woke up, but then he would be lying. he wakes up with an empty feeling and rubs his eyes. he's just hungry, maybe. maybe.

as he makes breakfast, he couldn't help but to think about himchan. why didn't he stay with him last night? he just left him on the couch, all by himself. it was damn cold too and the guy didn't even bother picking up the blanket for him! these thoughts gives him a headache and he burns his eggs while he searches for advil.

"tsk. jonguppie, what will i do with you?"

jongup turns to see himchan throwing away his eggs with a straight face. but the older boy glances over, and his lips curl up into a grin. "let me do all the cooking from now on, okay? you seem accident-prone." 

"i'm not." jongup says bitterly, and himchan looks taken aback for a moment. "a-ah, sorry hyung. i just... have a headache."

immediately, the older boy comes over and presses his hand against the younger boy's forehead. "are you okay? are you sick? should we call the doctor, jongup-ah? oh, you're burning up..."

"burning... up?" jongup repeats to himself, eyebrows furrowing.

himchan moves his hands down onto the younger boy's cheeks, and he blinks and smiles a little, "especially your cheeks..." jongup can't see it, but his face was glowing red. not the sick kind of red, either. 

the older boy moves his hands away and goes back towards the stove, where he starts on more eggs. "after you eat, take your medicine, okay?" 

"o-okay, hyung!" jongup gives him a smile.


 


 

Well, I said I'd make a sequel or a mutli-chap. Guess which one I opted for? ヽ(´ー`)ノ This isn't great, and really the story could've ended with the first chapter, but if you want to read more about their blooming friendship, then here you go~ I wrote 3 versions of this chapter because I'm incredibly nervous and anxious to make this a good fic hahaha ;___; it's been awhile! I'm already done with the next two chapters -- you'll like them more than this one, I'm sure. Thanks for reading, I hope I don't disappoint ♡