Falling

One More Dance

 

himchan traces a finger against jongup's jaw as he naps quietly next to him. the younger boy gives a small smile in his sleep, and himchan smiles back. he drops his finger and moves closer to the warmth, wrapping his arm around him and resting his head against his shoulder. what a cute kid, himchan thinks to himself. but that's not his main focus right now. his head is throbbing from thoughts of yongguk's whereabouts. they've been fighting lately — for silly reasons and himchan said some mean things but yongguk will usually forgive him by now. and since tuesday, the older boy has been coming home late. they haven't exchange words unless necessary — like for interviews. 

and it hurts.

but when jongup gives him that smile and keeps him company when he's lonely, it gives him the strength to continue on with his day even without his boyfriend. he'll wait the fight out — yongguk will have to talk to him eventually. right?

actually, himchan doesn't know why they're in this position on his bed, but they somehow find themselves like this every night while yongguk's gone. jongup has an arm around himchan, and himchan is cuddled into his side, arm usually around the boy's stomach. and he feels so peaceful.

"hyung..." jongup says quietly, voice cracking from his sleep. himchan hums in response, his eyes close. "aren't you tired, too?"

"yeah..." himchan replies slowly, and he shrugs. but he wants to wait for yongguk, even if they were fighting. he feels jongup move a little and he moves against him, trying to get his comfortable position back. he opens his eyes "hey, jongup-ah?" 

he can see jongup's smile through the dimly lit bedroom. "yes, hyung?" 

himchan leans up to his ear, and whispers quietly. "don't tell anyone, but... you're my favorite dongsaeng." 

they laugh quietly, and jongup feels his heart quicken a little and his cheeks warm up. jeez... hearing those words meant more than it should to him. he stops laughing and watches himchan now, the smile idling on his lips.

"are you sure?" he asks. 

himchan blinks and almost snaps, "why wouldn't i be sure?", but he says it slowly and quietly instead. 

jongup laughs again at how serious his hyung is, and he pushes the side of himchan's mouth with a finger, trying to make a smile. "smile again, hyung. smile for me..."

so he does. really, though, himchan can't help it. jongup lightens up his dark days, and brightens up the already lit ones. he really didn't know what he'd do without the quiet, smiling boy. 

jongup moves his hand away and they grin at each other like losers in the dark. he feels himchan's finger against his collarbone, tracing patterns against his skin. they resume talking quietly. well, himchan does most of the talking and jongup smiles and replies with short answers. he likes to listen to himchan more. his voice is alluring and gives jongup a weird feeling in his stomach. jongup zones out while staring at the older boy's lips, studying them quietly. 

"jonguppie? yah! jongup!"

jongup blinks and comes back to reality. he smiles. "hm?"

"do you have a girlfriend, jongup-ah?" 

"huh?" 

"you heard me!" himchan playfully hits his shoulder. "you're too cute and charming to not have a girlfriend." 

why would i want a girlfriend, if i can spend my nights with you, hyung? jongup says to himself. and really, his own comment in his head scares him. his thoughts were slowly revolving around himchan, and maybe, just really maybe... he was falling for... 

no.

"i don't have time for a girlfriend, hyung."

himchan grins and closes his eyes, tightening his grip on the younger boy's arm. "good. more jonguppie for me." jongup blushes, but he closes his eyes too and they rest their eyes quietly in each other's company.

okay, he's definitely falling—

a vibration on the nightstand sends both members jumping. himchan curses and leaves his position to grab it, only to bite his lip at the name on the screen before he puts the phone against his ear.

"yongguk...? ah, alright. okay, baby. i'll open it, yeah~" himchan smiles a little and ends the call before he looks at jongup, who's already gotten up and is ready to leave the door. himchan follows.

"i think he's not mad anymore!" the older boy says happily, and jongup smiles in return as they both exit the room and head to his and junhong's room. they stop in front, and himchan hugs him goodnight before going to open the door for his boyfriend. 

jongup can't help but to feel a little bit jealous as he enters his own room and lay in his own bed, alone. as he lays in the dark, listening to the sound of junhong's light snoring, he comes to a conclusion.

 

he definitely fell for himchan.

 


 

Well, I hope you like this~ “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”

I know you want some action to go on, but patience is key ^___^

Instead, I hope this makes you melt (maybe just a little? hopefully? or am i alone on this one?)

Thank you for your kind comments, and all of your subs.. you're all too kind. ヽ(´□`。)ノ