Me and You

One More Dance

 

yongguk watches himchan from far away. he's tired as hell and is getting more annoyed at every given second. why couldn't they just continue tomorrow? he's hungry, , and sleepy. the dance studio was the last place he wanted to be. so he waits in the hallway with junhong and watch videos on the younger boy's phone.

himchan's been pushing himself even harder. they were so close to their debut! he has to make an impact at their showcase. he has to show the others that he deserves to be in this group. that he wasn't just a pretty face. he sees yongguk leave at the corner of his eye, before he focuses back on the mirror.

it's just him and jongup now. the seventeen year old boy was in a trance, lost in his passion. he snaps out of it when he notices himchan's eyes on him through the mirror, and he gives the older boy a grin as their dance comes to an end. 

jongup gasps and quickly went over to his belongings. he takes a long drink from his water bottle before looking at a very exhausted looking himchan who was taking a drink of the last few droplets of water in his bottle.

"ah, himchan hyung, would you like some more water?" jongup asks, going over and handing him his. himchan stares at him for a moment and grins, before taking the bottle.

the room fills with the sounds of a crunching water bottle and jongup goes back to his starting position in front of the mirror. himchan closes the empty bottle and stares at the boy, envying at how this was like a walk in the park for jongup. maybe himchan was just old and he no longer has the time or the energy to be passionate about something. but then again, himchan is twenty two and that's crazy talk.

"jongguppie~" himchan sighs, walking over. he stands behind jongup and rests his chin on the younger boy's shoulder, watching the shocked boy through the mirror. they've recently became acquainted, but jongup was still in his very-formal phase towards himchan, while the elder stripped all formality upon the third day of practice. 

"hyung..." jongup blinks.

himchan wraps his arms slowly around the younger's waist, pulling himself closer. "how do you do do this so easily? it's been six hours and you still have energy...!" himchan whines, pouting.

jongup's lips curls into a smile now, and he turns around to take himchan's wrists. "come on, hyung. let's have one more dance, 'kay?" 

the older watches him, and grins slightly. "okay." 

so they turn on some music and dance together. it wasn't their rehearsing material — it was some western ballad that teenage girls seem to enjoy. but it was nice and set the mood as they twirl around the room, holding each other's hands, wrists, and awkwardly touching each other's hipbones. their hands went everywhere and so did their feet. they both were in fits of laughs and giggles. mostly giggles from himchan as the two try to make the other fall or mess up. jongup seem to know what he was doing — himchan wonders if the younger boy had a girlfriend he dances with in his free time. 

"ahem!"

the boys froze and spots a very angry looking bang yongguk at the doorway. he up an eyebrow at himchan, and the two younger boys blush deeply and break away. 

"i'll be right there, gukkie," himchan says and gives the leader a smile. yongguk watches him closely, before nodding and returning back to junhong. 

jongup was already by his things when himchan turns his attention back towards him, putting on his hoodie and gathering his belongings. himchan walks over and reaches out to ruffle his hair. 

"you're incredibly cute, jonguppie." the older smiles. jongup blushes a deep shade of red, and he hums in response. "let's dance again, okay?"

"we already have to, hyung." jongup reminds him. everyday. for five weeks.

himchan laughs as he pulls on his own hoodie. "what i meant was, let's dance again... just me and you." 

jongup went kind of speechless. he didn't know if himchan was making fun of him or hitting on him or whatever. but when he looks at the other boy, he was already gone. from afar, he watches yongguk and him walk down the hallway, hand in hand as yongguk smirks down at his giggling boyfriend. after seeing that, jongup's stomach starts to feel weird but he blames it on his growth spurt (which ended three years ago).